The Harvard school suggested that HRM had to
• Line managers accept more responsibility for
ensuring the alignment of competitive strategy
and personnel policies.
• Personnel has the mission of setting policies that
govern how personnel activities are developed
and implemented in way that make them more
Matching Model Of
• The matching model was propounded by fombrun
tichy and devanna (1984) at the matching business
• The model is inclined towards the harder side of
• It emphasizes more on 'tight fit' between the HR
strategy and the business strategy.
• It demands that available human resources must be
matched with jobs in the organization.
Guest Model Of HRM
This model was developed by David guest in 1997. This
model emphasizes on the assumption that HR manager
has specific strategies to begin with, which demand
certain practices and when executed will result in
outcomes. These out comes include behavioural
performance. Related and financial rewards.
The model emphasizes the logical sequence of six
components; HR strategy, HR practices, HR out
comes, behavioural out comes, performance results
and financial consequences.
• This report provides an understanding of
the role and impact of human resource
management over an organization.
• It also discuss the factors which effects the
performance of the organization.