In 1929, we were introduced to the “First Screen”
Still today, Television advertising is a tremendously effective way to market
• In 1992 the world was introduced to the “browser”
featuring 26 live web pages.
• Second Screen was born.
• This has been the fastest growing and in most cases,
most cost effective form of marketing for businesses ...
until now ...
2008 saw the evolution of the “Third Screen”
Immediately, 87% of American homes had at least one mobile web
capable device in them including:
o Mobile phones, iPads, iPods, Nintendo DS, Mini Notebooks, etc
Always on, always available
Mobile provides a means for brands to engage their
Which not only builds brand equity but also refreshes their
relationship with their customers.
Techniques • Mobile Search
• Location Based Services
• SMS Text Message • QR/2D Barcodes
• 3D/Augmented Reality
• Mobile Applications • Mobile Video
• Mobile Gaming
• Mobile Web Sites
• Bluetooth Proximity and Wifi
Mobile Marketing is for your 20 percenters
(the 20% of your customers that spend 80% of the money)
Mobile is an OPT IN ONLY channel
Subscriber based opt in database marketing
Best practices provided by mobile marketing association
• URL/Link Delivery
• Application Download
• Text to Vote
• Mobile Coupons
• Text to Win
• Mobile Donation
• Text to Screen
• Mobile Business Cards
• Mobile Alerts
Every business has the ability to use a QR Code in some fashion
QR Codes can send customer to:
• Mobile landing page
• Your social media sites
• Map to your business
• Exclusive coupons, discounts, or
• Customer feedback form or email
Is your business
• Can your consumers connect with you anytime anywhere?
• By 2013, more people will access the internet via a mobile
device than through a PC (Forrester Research)
• Today 1 in 7 Google searches originate from a mobile device
o Google estimates 1 in 4 searches will originate
from a mobile device in 2012
• 43% of Americans own a smart phone
o (82.5 million users)
Currently Less than 10% of
web sites are mobile friendly
If you have a Web site, you’re already in the mobile world — and the chances
are you’re making a terrible impression on your audience.
Traditional web sites have WAY TOO MUCH content!
Smart Phones have different browsers and screen sizes
Mobile users need quick answers and bite-sized content in easy-to-digest formats (e.g. video/audio vs.
First Develop a Mobile Strategy
• What do your customers or potential customers need
from you when mobile?
• B2B Mobile differs from B2C Mobile because it is driven
by efficiency rather than entertainment
• You must strive to make their work related activities
BETTER, FASTER & EASIER.
Once you have created a plan to take your web site mobile, you must decide:
To create a simple mobile version of your site in HTML
Get more advanced and create a mobile web app using advanced
languages like HTML5 or JQuery
Either way, you MUST include browser detection and
redirect as part of your mobile web strategy.
That means that when a user visits your MAIN WEB SITE with a mobile
device, they will automatically be redirected to a mobile friendly web
• Mobile Alerts (emergency warnings)
• Town/Event planners
• Mobile Coupons for local stores/restaurants
• Text to donate
• Ski/Surf reports
• Callers to New York City's 911 emergency hotline are now
able to assist in crime fighting using their mobile phones
• 911 callers will be able to send photos or video from a
mobile phone or computer to the NYPD's Real Time
Crime Center, where relevant images may be used to
assist in crime fighting or in responding to other
"The long-term goal of enabling NYC.gov, along with
911, to receive pictures and videos is not only to
better adapt these channels to the preferences of
our customers by keeping them fresh and
technologically innovative, it's to help the City better
Paul J. Cosgrave, chief information officer of New York City.
How it works
• Police call center operators have been trained to enter a special code in
the NYPD internal communications system every time callers offer
photographs or videos in connection with their emergency
• A detective then personally calls the victim or witness based on the
phone number and location received from the mobile phone’s
• Consumers in NYC may send up to three photos or videos per service
request from a computer or Web-enabled mobile device
• The U.S. Census Bureau relied on a mobile sweepstakes
and video ads to remind Americans of the importance of
completing the 2010 U.S. Census
• Consumers who text the keyword FREECENSUS to
53137 were entered into a sweepstakes to win an iPad
“This campaign proves the multicultural youth,
women and hard-to-reach communities are
interested in using new technologies to
communicate, activate and get civically
Mable Yee, founder/CEO of Engage Her, Berkeley, CA
• Similar integrated media campaigns were
designed for other national initiatives such
as ‘Vote 2010’ and the ‘Let’s Move Fight
• The Census media campaign was a
multichannel effort that includes viral video,
SMS, social media and public service
• The campaign was promoted through national partner
organizations, and social media networks including
Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, e-mail blasts and SMS
• Included a 30-second animated video for viral distribution
online and on mobile devices
Your pitch and pricing
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.