SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
- 2 keynotes from representatives of leading Russian OTAs;
- Panel discussion on Russian travel market with representatives of leading
- Keynote from representative of European advertising system;
- Keynote from representative of leading global corporate travel agency;
- Keynote from a startup which managed to start working with one of major
- 2 prizes for winners of pitch competition.
Apply for the chance to present your
company in pitch competition
1. Online travel landscape - find your niche.
2. You've got an idea, now what? (Or why you shouldn't do a
3. B2C and B2B startups - where's the biggest potential?
4. Disrupting the market - understanding key opportunities.
But in fact there’s no such clear path
• Booking websites might become source of inspiration
• Meta-search websites enable booking
• Travelers read reviews to do their research and planning
• Lots of activity happens offline (we think about travels all the time )
• Major players tend to build (or acquire) solutions for all parts of the
trip planning process
Are you doing b2b or b2c (or b2b2c)?
Are you doing it for leisure travel or for corporate
Are you doing it for specific niche?
Things to take into account on travel market
• The product costs are high
• There’s high sensitivity to the product price
• There’s high sensitivity to company brand
• Travel periodicity varies
“The barrier for entry is low – the barrier for disruption is
Build for the market – not for yourself
Do customer development
Understand your niche
Do the things that do not scale
Starting B2C Travel Startup:
Start with sales (tour agency)
Start with content
Focus on specific destinations/target audiences
“Social”, trip planning, inspiration usually don’t work
Think about “adding value” to other travel companies
Why b2c travel planning doesn’t work?
Let’s assume your product/R&D execution was perfect. You nailed it. You built the ultimate
travel planner/travel content site for a sizable audience.
• Now all you need to do is:
• Get a lot of people who travel to hear about it, just as they are getting ready to plan a trip
• Quickly get them up-to-speed on your product so they realize their investment in learning
your workflow will pay off, so they actually use it to plan their trip
• Make sure they use it for the actual hotel bookings etc. so you get the affiliate fees
• Invest the affiliate fees you got for those bookings to acquire the next customers (bidding
against the company who paid you those fees)
B2B Travel Startups
Long sales cycles
Product should solve business problems and do it well
You need trust + salesforce for traction
Your offering needs to be really compelling for business even to start
Still, if you’re doing B2C, think about B2B2C