2. “We aren’t in the coffee business, serving people.
We are in the people business, serving coffee.”
Howard Schultz, Starbucks chairman
• Starbucks Corporation is an American coffee
company and coffeehouse chain.
• Jerry Baldwin, Zev Siegel and Gordon Bowker
formed in the year 1971.
• Starbucks was founded in Seattle, Washington
• CEO of the company is Kevin Johnson
5. • It is one of the fastest growing retail chains
in the world.
• The company’s evolution is its increasingly
diverse customer base like young, old, rich,
poor, educated or uneducated.
6. GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF THE COMPANY
• Provide a great work environment and treat each other
with respect and dignity
• Embrace diversity as an essential component in the way
we do business.
• Apply the highest standards of excellence to the
purchasing , roasting and fresh delivery of our coffee
• Develop enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the
• Contribute positively to our communities and our
• Recognise that profitability is essential to our future
7. • Company believes that it can reinvent almost
every aspect of its business except one
– Starbucks will always sell the highest quality
fresh roasted whole bean coffee
8. CREATING THE STARBUCKS EXPERIENCE
• The Starbucks experience is a combination
of the product, place, the people and the
• In mid 1970’s it had started serving
customers by mail.
• In 1990 it invested in a toll free number to
encourage customer interaction.
9. THE PRODUCT
• Purchasing the best green beans in the
world which differentiates Starbucks coffee
from the rest of the coffee industry.
• Renowned and credible brand.
• The strong brand recall amongst clients
• Extensive supply chain that transcends geopolitical borders
• Extremely diversified business model
• Ability to easily adapt to the demands of different countries
• Adapting the unique coffee drinking sensibilities of people
• Growth opportunities in new markets like Asia, Middle-
east and Africa
• Diversifying the overall product offering like in India,
they offer the traditional Starbucks brews as well as the
top quality local coffee brews too
• Exploring scopes of partnerships like in India they have
partnered with Tata