• National Curriculum Framework (2005) is one
of the four national curriculum framework
published in 1975, 1988, 2000 and 2005 by
NCERT ( National Council of Education
Research and Training).
• NCF 2005 provide the framework for making
syllabus, textbook and teaching practice
within the school education programmed in
• The NCF 2005 document draws its policy basis
from earlier Govt reports on education as
learning without burden and National policy
of education (1986-1992) and focus group
• The process of (NCF) development has been
initiated in Nov (2004) setting up various
structure like National starring committee by
Prof. Yashpal Singh.
• 21 National focus group on the theme of
curricular area, systematic reforms and
• Mainly focus on constructive thoughts of the
child rather than instructive approach.
• Primary role of teacher is that as Facilitator.
• Education should not be Teacher centered or
it should be Student centered.
• The approach and recommendations of NCF
2005 are for the entire educational system.
• It has been translated into 22 languages has
influenced in syllabus in (17) states.
• NCERT gave a grant of Rs. (10 lakh) to each
state to promote NCF in the language of the
state and to compare its current syllabus
• This exercise is being carried out with the
involvement of SCERT, DIET.
6. WHY NCF REQUIRED
• Long walk to school, heavy school bags, Lack
of basic infrastructure, including support
books for reading and writing.
• Body designed that gives children in
inadequate back support and cramps their
legs and knees.
• Timetable that do not give young children
enough breaks to stretch move and play.
7. GUIDING PRINCIPLE OF NCF(2005)
• To shift learning from Rote method.
• Connecting knowledge to life outside the school.
• To integrate examination into classroom learning
and make it more flexible.
• To enriching the curriculum so that it goes
• Nurturing an over riding identity informed by
caring concerns with the democratic policy of the
8. AIMS OF NCF 2005
• The main aim of NCF (2005) is that teaching
should be student centered instead of teacher
• To remove the rote method.
• To develop thinking power in student.
• We only talk about subject method.
• We talk related to academic.
• To Implement three language formulae.
• Emphasis on mother tongue as medium of
• Focus on all skills.
• Teaching of mathematics to focus on child's
• To think and visualize obstructions to solve
• Teaching of science to focus on methods and processes
that will nurture thinking process, Curiosity, creativity.
• Social Science:
• Enabling pedagogic practices for promoting thinking
process, Decision making etc.
• Art education:
• It covers Music, Dance, Visual arts and Theatre which
on Interactive approaches and awareness and enable
children to express themselves in different forms.
• Health and Physical education:
• Health depends upon nutrition and planned physical
11. Education for peace
• As a pre-condition to snob growing violence
• School and classroom environment
• Minimum infrastructure and material facilities
and support for planning a flexible daily
• Discuss other sites and resources like
Textbooks, Libraries and Laboratories and
media and ICT.
• Respect for human right and dignity.
• Universal access and enrollment.
• Sensitivity to other well bring and feelings.