ST. THERESE-MTC COLLEGES
High School Department
FIRST QUARTER EXAMINA TION
(Introduction to the Philosophy of Human Person)
First Semester AY 2018-2019
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE
Encircle the letter of the correct answer.
1. He proposed that everything that exist is based on a higher order or plan which he called
a. Heraclitus b. Pythagoras c. Democritus d. Epicurus
2. He pioneered the use of mathematics to analyzed natural phenomena.
a. Plato b. Aristotle c. Archimedes d. Socrates
3. Devoted himself to studying the causes of natural phenomena and he proposed that
matter is composed of tiny particles called atom.
a. Archimedes b. Epicurus c. Democritus d. Aristotle
4. Means of examining a topic by devising a series of question that let the learner examine
and analyzed his knowledge and views regarding the topic.
a. Dialectic b. Theory of Forms c. Epicureanism d. Socratic Method
5. Schools of philosophy which believes that wisdom and simple living will result to a life
free from fear and pain.
a. Philosophos b. Epicureanism c. Dialectic d. sophist
6. Human experience is defined by the views, emotions, and action of the individual.
a. Pragmatism b. Absurdism c. Empiricism d. Existentialism
7. Application of philosophy to define and explain religious doctrine.
a. Stoicism b. Scholasticism c. Rationalism d. Humanism
8. It emphasis on human person; use of philosophy to understand society, nature and
a. Humanism b. Existentialism c. Empiricism d. Stoicism
9. Emphasis on the practical use of knowledge and ideas.
a. Pragmatism b. Absurdism c. Empiricism d. Scholasticism
10. Considered the foremost philosopher and known as critic intellectual during his time.
a. Plato b. Aristotle c. Socrates d. Archimedes
11. Theory of knowledge which believes that knowledge is a priori knowledge or based on
pure reasoning without the benefit of any experience.
a. Empiricism b. Rationalism c. Skepticism d. Metaphysics
12. Branch of philosophy which deals with the question regarding reality and existence.
a. Ethics b. Epistemology c. Metathesis d. Reality
13. Varied and differing ideas and perspective are analyzed and information gathered, new
ideas and views are formulated.
a. Argument b. Dialectic c. Axioms d. Ethics
14. A number of argument may be based on faulty reasoning.
a. Fallacies b. Biases c. Truth d. Determinism
15. Defined as the distinct personality of an individual; composed of persons unique physical
characteristics, mental attributes, experience, memories, ideas and views.
a. Identity b. Rationality c. Culture d. Behavior
16. It is the study od God and other religious concept.
a. Theism b. Agnosthism c. Theology d. Ecology
17. They were teachers who traveled throughout Greece and thought people who wished to
a. Philosophy b. Philosophos c. Epicureanism d. Sophist
18. Define as a way of thinking about the world and composed of the views and belief of a
a. Logic b. Framework c. Ethics d. Knowledge
19. Another theory which consider knowledge to be a posteriori knowledge or knowledge
gained by experience.
a. Rationalism b. Empiricism c. Nationalism d. Skepticism
20. Branch of metaphysics which focuses on the classification of existing things.
a. Ontology b. Metaphysics c. Certainly d. Metathesis
21. Discussion on the ideal human situation and society and emphasis on individual rights
a. Social and political philosophy
c. Post modernism and post-structuralism
22. Important perspective regarding causality and agency which shows that each event is
determined or influenced by a specific set of events or factors.
a. Choice b. Determinism c. Etiology d. Ethics
23. Studies government and deals with questions of justice, power, rights and obligation of
a. Epistemology b. Ethics c. Reality d. Political philosophy
24. Deals with the standard of right and wrong which define human behavior.
a. Ethics b. Destiny c. Knowledge d. Truth
25. Refers to assumption which are taken for granted in a philosophical discussion.
a. Formal Logic b. Occam’s logic c. Axioms d. Relativism
Choose your answer inside the box.
APPEAL TO EMOTION CONFLICT OF INTEREST
CONFIRMATION BIAS FRAMING
APPEAL TO FORCE APPEAL TO TRADITION
HINDSIGHT CULTURAL BIAS
APPEAL TO POPULAR CONFIRMATION BIAS
1. Using the threat of force or an undesirable event to advance an argument.
2. The idea is presented as acceptable because a lot of people accept it.
3. The tendency to see past events as predictable or to ascribe a pattern to
4. A person or groups is connected to or has a vested interest in the issue being
5. Focusing on a certain aspect of a problem while ignoring other aspects.
6. The idea is acceptable because it has been true for a long time.
7. Analyzing an event or issue based on one’s cultural standard.
8. Attacking the person making the arguments instead of the arguments itself.
9. Using emotions such as pity or sympathy.
10. Tendency to look for a readily accept information which fits with one’s own belief
or views and to reject ideas or views that go against it.
Give the 5 Pillars in Islam:
Give the 5 main vows in Jainism:
3 main God’s in Hinduism:
2 major branches in Islam: