8. Meetings Managers and professionals spend considerable time in meetings. Providing support for teamwork and group decisions is an important issues in MIS.
10. Traditional Management CEO VP Finance VP Marketing VP Accounting VP HRM VP MIS Layers of middle managers Customers Commands Analyze data Condensed reports Collect data
11. Decentralization Management Team CEO Finance Team Marketing Team Accounting Team HRM Team Sales Team Franchise Strategy Methodology/Rules Customers VP Fin VP Mrkt VP Acct VP HRM VP MIS Corporate Database & Network
19. Decision Levels Transactions, accounting, human resource management, inventory. Scheduling employees, ordering supplies. Day-to-day actions to keep the company functioning. Operations Expenses, schedules, sales, models, forecasts. New tools to cut costs or improve efficiency. Improving operations without restructuring the company. Tactical External events, rivals, sales, costs quality, trends. New product that will change the industry. Competitive advantage, become a market leader. Long-term outlook. Strategic Type of Information Example Description Decision Level
22. Baxter/Strategy Supply Closets Hospital Warehouse American Hospital Supply Supplier Baxter Supplier Supplier AHS/Baxter Computer Link Computer Monitor Usage data Deliver Supplies as needed Accurate usage data Free space
23. Strategy/Porter Rivalry Among Existing Competitors Bargaining Power of Buyers Bargaining Power of Suppliers Threat of New Entrants Threat of Substitute Products or Services
26. What is the company’s current status? What is the Internet strategy? How does the company use information technology? What are the prospects for the industry? Hotel Saravana Bhavan uses a considerable amount of information technology to maintain consistency, monitor employees, and track sales.