Driving without license is a major issue in many countries. Survey
says that the accidents happened mostly by unlicensed drivers.
So, a new system is proposed. i.e., FINGER PRINT
Ifthe finger print stored in the controller &finger print swiped in the
device matches, he/she can proceed for ignition and otherwise
ignition will not work.
Moreover the seatbelt detector verifies and then prompts the user to
wear the seatbelt before driving
3. EXISTING SYSTEM:
• Unlicensed driving is a matter of concern for several
• It is possible that drivers who have not undergone
appropriate training and testing may be deficient in some
aspect of knowledge & skills required to drive safely &
• To avoid this we proposed a new system.
4. FINGERPRINT BASED
• Fingerprint based car ignition system is a system that is
based on biometrics.
• The system replaces the existing manual ignition system
of a vehicle with the fingerprint recognition of the user.
5. WHAT IS BIOMETRICS?
A technology of using human body characteristics such
as fingerprints, eye retinas and irises, voice patterns,
facial patterns and hand measurement for
8. FINGERPRINT SYSTEM
• A fingerprint is an impression left by the friction
ridges of a human finger
• Friction ridge a raised portion of the skin on
10. SMART CARD
• The license issued by the govt. is a smart card
which stores different fields such as name, license
no., date of expiry, type of license, blocked status as
well as fingerprint templates.
12. SMART CARD READER
• The smart card is inserted into the slot of the reader.
• The card reader integrates with it a fingerprint scanner.
• This setup increases security by adding “something you
are” along with “something you have”.
• When a fingerprint impression is received, it is analyzed
for its minutiae information and is matched with the
template stored in the card to find out if the fingerprints
• Refers to the automated method of verifying a match
between two human fingerprints
• Fingerprint matching consists of the comparison of
several features of the print pattern, which include:
Patterns, which are aggregate characteristics of ridges
• Minutia points, which are unique features found within
17. IMAGE-BASED ALGORITHM
• compares the basic fingerprint patterns (arch, whorl, and
loop) between a previously stored template and a
• the algorithm finds a central point in the fingerprint image
and centers on that
• the template contains the type, size, and orientation of
patterns within the aligned fingerprint image
• the candidate fingerprint image is graphically compared
with the template to determine the degree to which they
18. IGNITION CONTROL
• comprise of three wires connected to the key system.
• when the key is turned first, the two wires are bridged
causing current to flow from the car batteries to
all parts of the car.
• When the key is turned again, the third wire bridges
momentarily with the two wires already connected.
• This causes the cranking of the engine, which ignites
• For these relays are employed.
• The proposed system ensures that only authorized
person drives the car
• It ensures that the seat belt is worn by the driver
• Though implementation of the proposed system may
take time, it would be of great use for the safety of
drivers & irregularities can be kept at check.