1. SRMS College of Engineering. & Technology
SRMS Women’s College of Engineering. & Technology
Attention: MBA 2011 Batch
Guidelines for Summer Training Project
1. Summer Training Project duration will be from 07th June 2012 to 20th July 2012. (4-6 weeks).
2. The students are required to submit Summer Training Report in the organization to get the certificate of
completion of Summer Training.
3. The summer training will consists of TWO parts.
a. Part A: Study of the functioning of the organization as follow-
i. Genesis of the organization.
ii. Functional Areas i.e HRM, Marketing, FM, Production/Operations etc
iii. Organization Structure and hierarchies
v. Marketing strategies
vi. Business Processes like Supply chain, Office Management, Corporate Communication etc.
vii. Any other relevant aspects
b. Part B: Research study on the problem area from your specializations - The problem area for study for
Summer Training project will be assigned by the supervisor/reporting office of the organization. Student
must understand the problem assigned by the reporting officer of the organization in proper way. For
clarification they may contact the faculty members. The student will collect secondary and primary data by
various methods during summer training. The primary data has to be collected by questionnaire and it
must be properly analyzed and interpreted to develop a suitable and feasible solution for the assigned
problem in comprehensive way.
4. If two or more students are working in the same organization during Summer Training, the part B i. e. problem area
of study for each student will be different.
5. All students are required to maintain a Diary in which daily activities of Summer Training Project work must be
recorded in terms of reporting date and time, duration of stay in the organization or in field, type of study
performed etc. It has to be countersigned by reporting office and will be verified during the Summer Training as well
as at the end of training. The source of data and references must be maintained.
Preparation of Supper Training Report
All work of the Summer Training Project will be compiled by the student in form of Summer Training Project Report
typed on A4 size papers (one side) of 100 to 150 pages. The report must be types in 13 points Times New Roman fonts
with double spacing between the lines. The report would be arranged with following contents/ sections:
1. Cover Page
2. Certificate by the Organization in which the training is completed
3. Certificate by the MBA Department of SRMSCET/SRMSWCET
4. Declaration by the student
5. Acknowledgement by the student
2. 6. Executive Summary of the Summer Training Project (approx 2 to 3 pages)
7. Content/ Index
8. List of tables
9. List of figure
PART A: About the organization – This would be divided into following CHAPTERS.
1. Origin , vision & mission
2. Business profile
3. Functional Areas
4. Organizational structure
5. Product/ Service ranges etc.
6. Achievements/ Recognitions (if any)
7. Comparative performance of the organization
8. SWOT Analysis
9. Marketing Strategies
10. Supply chain etc
PART B: About the problem/ study and suggested solution- This would be divided into following chapters
1. Introduction of the topic
2. Scope and objective of the study
3. Research Methodology used
4. Data analysis and interpretation
5. Findings, Recommendations & limitations
Bibliography- Details of literatures and references used during your research study /summer training.
Annexure- Questionnaire and other documents like forms, leaflets etc used as reference during your study.
The students are required to remain in contact with the faculty member for guidance & preparation of report of the
Summer Training Project. Any modifications/ suggestions should be incorporated in that report before final compilation
1. The students are instructed to maintain discipline and strict regularity during Summer Training.
2. The report must be organized in proper way as given above. The sections within each chapter may be modified
according to the requirement of the research problem/study and the nature of the organization.
3. Students are required to submit a copy of Summer Training Project Report to the supervisor/reporting officer of
the organization for getting the certificate of completion of summer training. This work must be finished by 18th
July , 2012.
4. Students are required to submit One Spiral bounded copy of Summer Training Project Report to the Faculty
mentor after reporting back to the department for verification and modifications (if required). After getting it
presented, verified and approved by the Faculty mentor, the student will submit TWO HARD BINDED Copies of
Summer Training Project Report to the department.