Take a moment to ask yourself:
• Who are you?
• How well do you know yourself?
• What are you good at?
• What are your weaknesses, fears,
• innermost strengths and desires?
• Where are you headed?
What is Personality?
“If you do not like something, change it, if you can’t
change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain..!!!”
The sum total of ways in which an individual
reacts and interacts with others
Let us go through some tips for
enhancing one’s personality…
• Smile a lot
• Think positively
• Dress sensibly
• Be soft spoken
• Leave your “EGO” behind
• Avoid Backbiting
• Help others
• A patient listener
Goal setting is a powerful process for thinking about
your ideal future, and for motivating yourself to turn
your vision of this future into reality.
“A dream is just a dream… a goal is a dream with deadline”
Why don’t more people set goals?
• A pessimistic attitude
• Fear of failure
• A lack of ambition
• A fear of rejection
• Low self-esteem
• Ignorance of the important of goals
• A lack of knowledge about goal-setting
Effective Goal Setting Techniques
1. First you create your "big picture" of what you
want to do with your life (or over, say, the next 10
years), and identify the large-scale goals that you
want to achieve.
2. Then, you break these down into the smaller and
smaller targets that you must hit to reach your
3. Finally, once you have your plan, you start
working on it to achieve these goals.
Why do we need Time Management ?
• To save time ,To reduce stress, To function
effectively ,To increase our work output, To have
more control over our job responsibilities etc…
How to use time effectively?
• Effective Planning ,Setting goals and objectives,
Setting deadlines ,Delegation of responsibilities,
Prioritizing activities as per their importance,
Spending the right time on the right activity
No man will make a
great leader who
wants to do it all
himself or get all
the credit for doing
How to Be an Effective Leader ?
• Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and
making sure that impact lasts in your absence.
• Learn all that you can about the services you offer. Become familiar with
company history, the mission statement and current leadership.
• Increase your visibility in work areas. Chip in with willing hands to meet goals
and work with the team.
• Effective leaders must maintain workers' confidence and a positive attitude.
Such as "I know you can do it" or "You can handle this."
• Encourage others by affirming the things they did right and showing them what
they could do to improve, if needed. Don't embarrass or put others down in
• Books by prominent leaders will inspire you and provide examples of effective
• Be an active listener. Be open to new ideas and allow employees to voice
concerns about job-related issues.
How To Communicate Effectively ?
• It is absolutely critical to be as direct, to the point and concise as
• “Bosses often say, ‘Can you have that report to me? It’s really
important, and I’d really like to have it,’. A more effective way to
deliver that message: “Can you please get that report to me? I’d like
it on my desk by 5 p.m. Friday.”
• Your attitude while talking is also important.
• If you open yourself to other opinions and perspectives, you’ll find
it much easier to get your own message across.
• Do ask open-ended questions. They can buy time.
• Don’t say negative things about colleagues when they’re not around.
That identifies you as a gossip and someone who can’t be trusted.
• Don’t be a Pessimist. Even if you think your colleague or boss is
completely wrong about something, you can counter with an open-
ended question that shows respect and a can-do spirit.
Notes de l'éditeur
Procrastination – “Someday, I will set my goals.” This tie in with a lack of ambition.