Ce diaporama a bien été signalé.
DEFINITION OF POLLUTION
When harmful substances contaminate
the environment, it is called pollution.
Pollution refers to very bad condition of
environment in terms of quality and
TYPES OF POLLUTION
There are four types of pollution :
1) Air pollution
2) Water pollution
3) Noise pollution
4) Land pollution
AIR POLLUTION :
The substance presence in the air which has harmful or poisonous effects.
SOURCES OF AIR POLLUTION :
2) Automobiles and Domestic fuels.
3) Dust (e.g. cement dust, foundry dust and
windblown solid dust).
5) Carbon black.
Effects of air pollution
1) Human Health.
4) Global Warming.
5) Ozone Depletion.
6) Acid Rain.
HOW TO AVOID AIR POLLUTION :
1) Use natural gases , like LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas).
2) Do not Burst Crackers.
3) Use less amount of Fuel for Vehicles.
WATER POLLUTION :
Any physical (temperature, oxygen)chemical (mercury), or biological(disease, sewage) change to
water that adversely affects its use by alive beings.
CAUSES OF WATER POLLUTION
About 40% of deaths worldwide are caused
by water pollution.
Water pollution is caused by organic and
inorganic industrial wastes and effluents
discharged into rivers.
EFFECT OF WATER POLLUTION
1) Diseases like cholera.
3) Typhoid (spread during the rainy season).
4) Aquatic life gets destroyed.
HO TO AVIOD WATER POLLUTION
1) River should not be used for washing clothes or bathing animals in.
2) Harvesting of rainwater to meet water requirements.
3) Dams & embankments must be created.
4) The rivers must not be contaminated.
5) In rivers the dead bodies shouldn’t thrown.
NOISE POLLUTION :
Noise can be simply defined as unwanted sound.
Causes of noise pollution
1) Traffic noise.
2) Aircraft noise
3) Noise from construction and civil engineering works.
4) Noise from industries.
5) Noise from other sources.
Effects of noise pollution
2)High blood pressure.
How to avoid noise pollution
The government should ensure the new machines that
should be noise proof.
Airports must be away from residential area.
Use of ear protection devices.
LAND POLLUTION :
The destruction the earth's land surfaces, often directly or indirectly as a result
of man’s activities and their misuse of land resources.
Causes of land pollution
We can classify major sources in the following categories :
1) Mining, erosion and quarrying.
2) Household garbage.
3) Urbanization and concentration of pollution.
4) Industrial waste and hazardous waste.
5) Uncontrolled land treatment.
Effects of land pollution
1) The land cannot use to build
2) Man cannot be farming.
3) Ground water will gets affected.
4) Death of animals that inhabit the
Prevention of Land Pollution
More and more land should be brought
Tree should be planted everywhere.
Waste matter should be disposed
Avoid drilling the land for more
Avoid using more fertilizers and pesticides.