2. EARLY LIFE
• DiCaprio was born in Los Angeles
California on November 11,1974.
• He was the only child of Irmelin and
• His mother Irmelin was a legal
secretory and his father George was
a comic book artist and distributor.
• He explored his creative side and
developed an early interest in acting.
• His parents noticed his early performance
skills and signed him up with a talent agent,
educational programs, and performance art
• Since he was a kid he liked creating
characters, and created homemade skits, he
never had much success in Hollywood until
his early teens.
• He attended Los Angeles Center for
Enriched Studies before attending Marshal
• Since he wasn’t to successful at first, an
agent suggested DiCaprio to change his
name to Lenny Williams DiCaprio refused.
4. FROM TELEVISION TO FILM
• DiCaprio had a lot of trouble landing an agent for years and in the early
1900’s he began landing regular television work.
• In 1991 he took a cast as a semi regular on the family comedy Growing
• DiCaprio had to prove that he was more than just a good looking
teenager and so he did by playing a role in The Boys life.
• He later participated in What's Eating Gilbert Grape 1993 co-starring
Jonny Depp and won an academy award nomination for best
• 1996 DiCaprio played Romeo in Romeo and Juliet 1996.
• In January 1999 DiCaprio was able to copyright his own name.
• The tragic love story helped
DiCaprio’s career to a new level in
• Through this film DiCaprio proved
to handle traditional Hollywood
leading man roles.
• Through his charm and youthful
good looks he quickly became
famous and landed on Peoples
Magazine’s list of the “50 most
beautiful people” in 1997-1998.
6. MAJOR FILMS
• Titanic (1997)
• The Aviator (2004)
• Blood Diamond (2006)
• The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
• The Revenant (2015 Oscar Winning)
7. SIGNATURE STYLES
• Leonardo DiCaprio has
demonstrated the effort
he puts in preparing for
• To prepare for this film
the actor camped out in
the wilderness, slept in
an animal carcass, ate
raw bison, and went for
swims in frozen rivers.
8. SIGNATURE STYLE
Eating Gilbert Grape
• To best suit the role of
Arnie Grape DiCaprio
spent a couple of days in a
mental illness facility for
teens. He interacted with
them and watched their
mannerisms to prepare for
9. SIGNATURE STYLES
The Wolf of Wall Street
• In this film he played the role as
Jordan Belfort. To successfully
prepare he spent a few months
with the real Jordan Belfort.
DiCaprio videotaped the real
Jordan Belfort impersonating
what it was like to be on extra
strong lemon Quaaludes which
was essential for the noteworthy
of the sequences of the film.
10. VIDEO EXAMPLE
• This YouTube video did an amazing job on summarizing Leonardo
DiCaprio's amazing and escalating acting performance, He is one
of Hollywood's leading performers that was noted for his
portrayals of unconventional and complex characters.
• “Climate change is real, it is happening right now. It is the most urgent threat facing
our entire species, and we need to work collectively together and stop
procrastinating. We need to support leaders around the world who do not speak for
the big polluters, but who speak for all humanity, for the indigenous people of the
world, for the billions and billions of underprivileged people out there who would be
most affected by this. For our children's children, and for those people out there
who's voices have been drowned out by the politics of greed” Leonardo DiCaprio
• After The Revenant DiCaprio demonstrated his passion for environmental issues.
• He also wrote, narrated, and produced The 11th Hour, an environmental documentary
that released in 2007.
• DiCaprio funds many organizations that relate to the issue, those include: The
Leonardo DiCaprio Fund in California, World Wild Life Fund, The Natural Resources
Defense Fund, and the International Fund for Animal Welfare.
• Biography.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 28 Nov. 2016
• "Biography." IMDb. IMDb.com, n.d. Web. 28 Nov. 2016.
"5 Times Leonardo DiCaprio Showed The World What Method Acting Is." IKarmik. N.p., 01 Feb.
2016. Web. 03 Dec. 2016.