12. CREDIBILITY AND PROFESSIONALISM How important are credentials? Do you expect a strongly recommended coach? Even better if he has been a Leadership coach several times over? These are all valid questions and each will generate a variety of responses depending on whom you were to ask. The Reality : Rarely, if ever, will there be a need to ask where the coach received his training. What you’d be most interested to know is what can this coach do for you. What benefits can he provide to your business? Can he help you achieve your goals? Rightly or wrongly people assume the qualification for what you do. Think about it... When was the last time you asked a professional service provider where they went to school?
13. CREDIBILITY AND PROFESSIONALISM Your Reality : A piece of paper won't make your coach a better coach. The process of becoming skilled and hone one’s abilities to a higher level comes from experience. Ultimately, experience will add to the coach’s credibility and self-confidence. After hearing all sides of the issues—the benefits and disadvantages, the pros and cons—it comes down to a personal decision. What's best for you? Is it something you want to aspire to have to build for the future? Or, is this something you need to pursue right now? It's your call on building your key members competencies for the future business challenges.
14. DESIGNING THE COACHING LIFESTYLE When you first start out thinking of Leadership Coaches, many get caught up in the math. You pull out a calculator and say, 'If this coach engages for 3 days a week at Rs.20,000 each that's Rs.60,000.00 a week.’ While this is possible it can also set both sides up for disappointment. Ironically, some Leadership Coaches that have reached that goal have found that they didn't want that many one-on-one clients and have diversified their practices. Here's a plan that works. Set an initial goal of Leadership coaching with specific Organisation Interventions.
15. DESIGNING THE COACHING LIFESTYLE Once those interventions are achieved, get down to specific key members that need investing on in building their top two or three competencies. It's easier to do it this way for both sides. Confidence is high and your goals are being achieved. You will also be in the position of picking and choosing the key members with whom you're most interested in the Leadership coach working on. The Leadership coach will have the rest of the week to diversify his practice and increase his revenues with group coaching, workshops, tele-classes, writing, speaking...whatever else he chooses. It's your lifestyle. Design it so it is workable and the results are visible for both to see.
17. 27 people have recommended Bomi on LinkedIn Some of them say … "Bomi and I go back more than a decade, from the time when he was overall responsible for the HR function at Reliance Salgaocar Power during the project build out. I owe him a debt of gratitude for being my guide and friend in the early days when I was still finding my feet in the corporate world. He is a great HR professional, with an amazing ability to help management teams understand the cultural requirements of a new job. I have worked with him on tense employee situations where his calm and composed maturity encouraged everyone to think objectively and take rational decisions. I am glad he is back with Reliance now and wish him all the best for his future endeavours." — Anil Bhalla , GM - HR & Business Administration, Reliance Salgaocar Power Company Ltd., worked with Bomi at Reliance Industries Ltd "Bomi has the ability to see the external business patterns as well as internal organizational dynamics, and has demonstrated the ability to conceptualize and execute OD & HR plans that impact business.“ — Subodh Tagare , General Manager, worked with Bomi at Tally Solutions
18. "Came across Mr. Bomi when I was tasked to look into a sensitive case related to senior company functionaries .During some of the additional & informal brief meets , got to know the gentlemen who has hawks' eyes for details of his charter and no nonsense attitude towards the work culture .Very enterprising , resourceful , upright and level headed person with whom I will love to work for a common cause. — Colonel Hasmukh Patel , AVP, Reliance Industries, worked indirectly with Bomi "I have known Bomi ever since he has joined the Reliance Life Sciences almost 2 years now. From the moment that I have known him I can only think of "Action", " Move on", "don't Look Back", and "Lets get it sorted out" as the mantra's he lives by. Always willing to venture into troubled waters, is just the mentor and councilor that one would seek when in dumps. Manages to put a new different, positive perspective on to any situation. Life is never a dull moment with him around. Its been great having him around enabling and supporting my endeavors!!" — Sudarshan S , Asst Vice President, Reliance Life Sciences, worked with Bomi "A well read & well versed with the latest Bomi was much ahead of his times in dealing with issues related to people & HR. He always used to come up with innovative HR tools not heard of by others at that time. An excellent emphatic listener he has the unique ability to make people at ease ... interviewing skills are par excellence, conceptual clarity on concepts is of the very high order. He will be an asset to any organization be it an start up or well established since Bomi has the great ability to adapt to any situation." — Anoop Bhargava , Marketing Head, Searle India limited, RPG Group
19. "I made Bomi's acquaintance in 2005 (which since then has turned into a life long friendship) during a global BCRP project. In my personal opinion, Bomi possess some rare qualities that is very rarely seen in today's corporate world and even less in his work domain (human resources)-he truly cares for the caliber of people that he hires, he takes upon himself at every opportunity he gets to enforce the messaging that every employee represents the face of the company, and he does not mince words with management when he sees 'stuff' that can tarnish people image and perception On a personal level, he is an absolute delighter - his straight faced humor along with his broad base knowledge has converted many hard working projects into fun closures. He is truly a shining beacon of light in today's hazy and murky corporate world. If there is anyone I would like to be on my team in that hazy world, it would be Bomi !!!" — Andrew Fernandes , Global Business Continuity & Resiliency Program Management Office(BCRP PMO), Dell Inc, worked indirectly for Bomi "I have known Bomi for over 2 yrs & found him to be a great thought leader. He's a strategist & has the depth & thorough knowledge of HR & based on his domestic as well as International experience can comfortably swing in a conversation from one end of the spectrum to another. He's an asset to the Organization & his key strength is to drive Organization /HR change and / or develop Growth strategy. I wish you all the all the best Bomi..." — Ranjan Moitra , Program Manager, Dell, worked with Bomi at Dell International Services
20. "I had a brief interaction with Bomi but that left a huge impression on me. I have rarely come across professionals with such steely resolve and deep understanding of human relations( not just employee relations)" — Amit Tyagi , Senior Online Business Manager-ASEAN & India, Dell Asia Pacific, worked indirectly for Bomi at Dell International Services "Working with Bomi was an absolute pleasure. A thoroughbred professional with a no nonsense attitude and an immaculate eye for detail made my interactions with him very productive and a learning experience." — Venkatesh Nagarajan , Business Controls Advisor, Dell, worked indirectly for Bomi at Dell International Services "Bomi is a fantastic person to work with. A complete business HR expert, he has a rare ability to amalgamate HR functional expertise with business acumen which is widely appreciated. He is well liked for calling a spade, a spade and taking tough decisions in the face of significant odds, which is his greatest strength. I would strongly recommend his impressive professional credentials - but he's not a guy for the weak / faint - hearted !" — Anupam Tiwary , HR Generalist Manager, Dell International Services, reported to Bomi at Dell International Services
21. "Mr. Bomi Manekshaw…when I first met Bomi, I had to ask myself what on earth is he doing working for the corporate world? I figured he could as easily have been in a Clint Eastwood movie, playing the quintessential Western cowboy – complete with guns, horses and the bad guys! He totally looks the part! Bomi is a fantastic guy to work with. We worked closely on a couple of C level positions and his support was splendid. Exceptionally articulate, a great sense of humour that keeps the conversation flowing, and a very intelligent guy overall. At the same time – a totally no-nonsense guy when it comes to his work. You don’t deliver – you better be prepared! I am fortunate to know Bomi; have learned a lot from him. He’s been my unspoken mentor over the last 2 years, teaching me in subtle terms a lot about HR, and even more about being a good, dependable person. He showed me how important it is to keep your cool even under the most difficult circumstances. One time, seething with rage, I had decided to blow the Milky Way galaxy to bits and pieces – fortunately for mankind, Bomi stepped in the nick of time. A superb HR professional with sound judgment and keen insight – that’s how I would define Bomi. He’s one of those guys who knows the HR profession inside out, is excellent with people and most importantly is a great human being. But as great as Bomi is at his job, I still think he should be in the movies! It’s a privilege knowing you, Sir!“ — Raj Ray , Principal Consultant, Vybex, was a consultant or contractor to Bomi at Reliance Life Sciences