SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
• To be “Well” and Healthy – all three sides of
the Triangle must be balanced.
• In other words, being healthy also means
feeling good about yourself and getting along
with others. Health is a combination of
physical, mental/emotional, and
social/spiritual well-being. The three sides of
your health are connected, like the sides of a
Each side of your
triangle is equally
important to good
health. By working
to keep the sides
balanced, you will
be on your way to
becoming a healthy
Wellness is an overall state of well-being. It
involves doing you best in all three sides of the
• Health is a combination of physical, mental/emotional, and social/spiritual well-
• Physical Health- includes total care of your body.
– Keeping your body fit, practicing cleanliness and good grooming habits, and eating a balanced
• Mental/Emotional Health- includes liking who you are and accepting yourself.
– Expressing emotions in a healthy way, facing life's problems, and dealing with its pressures
and stresses in a positive way.
• Social/Spiritual Health- getting along with others
– Working or playing well in a group, making and
keeping friends, and giving and getting support
- Feeding your soul – becoming the person you were intended to be…THE BEST MODEL
• People who practice lifestyle factors appear to live
longer happier lives.
• Positive Lifestyle Factors can affect your life now and
for years to come.
1. Never miss breakfast
2. Eating three meals a day at regular times
3. Getting 8 to nine hours of sleep each night (video)
4. Staying at recommended level of weight
5. Doing Vigorous exercise for 30 minutes at least 5 days a
6. Avoid tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs
7. Engage in positive relationships with others
• Taking control of your health depends on more
that just recognizing healthy choices.
• Your personal attitudes – your feelings and beliefs
– also play a role in how well you take care of
• Attitude also includes the way you feel about
– If you like yourself and feel others do too, you will
want to take care of yourself.
•Wellness is a continuum ranging from
death to optimal health.
•You can choose your behaviors to move
closer to optimal health.
•The choices you make regarding your
health now will influence your wellness
for the REST of you life.
Take out a sheet of paper
• See if you AREpracticing good decision
making as you look at each side of the
Wellness Triangle. Answer honestly to
yourself as you review each question? For
each statement that follows answer YES or NO
on your paper depending upon whether the
statement is true for you
6. I say no if people ask me to
do something harmful or
7. Do you believe in something bigger than
8. Do you get satisfaction
when you serve others?
Add up the number of yes
answers for each of the 3
main categories of Health
that you just answered
CREATE A TRIANGLE ON YOUR PAPER WITH
YOUR YES ANSWERS.LABEL YOUR TRIANGLE
1.) Does your Health Triangle have equal sides?
2.) Is there one area that you are strong in?
3.) Is there an area that you need to work on?
What can you do to improve your wellness and
balance your triangle?
On this paper – write a summary of what you
could do to improve your wellness in each area!
Use Smart Answers
Be sure to write your name and period # on your
paper and place it in the assignment box when
DEVELOP A PERSONAL FITNESS PROGRAM FOR YOURSELF
PERSONAL HYGENINE UNIT
PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASSES EVERY OTHER DAY (FITNESS AND LIFETIME
FALL CHALLENGE CUP
Unit on Stress and Relaxation Techniques in PE
Passion Topic Project
Thought-Provoking Video Series
Teen dating violence – Heather’s Law
• Wellness is the search for enhanced quality of life, personal growth,
and potential through positive lifestyle behaviors and attitudes. If
we take responsibility for our own health and well-being, we can
improve our health on a daily basis. Certain factors influence our
state of wellness, including nutrition, physical activity, stress-coping
methods, good relationships, and career success.
• Each day we work toward maximizing our level of health and
wellness to live long, full, and healthy lives. The pursuit of health,
personal growth, and improved quality of life relies on living a
balanced life. To achieve balance, we need to care for our mind,
body, and spirit.
• If any of these three areas is consistently lacking or forgotten about,
we will not be at our optimal level of health. We are constantly
challenged with balancing each of these three areas throughout