1. Study of Media Science- Scopes and Advantages
• Media Science is the study of Mass Media that ranges everything from print media (newspaper) to audio/audio-
visual media (radio, television, internet) etc. Students pursuing degrees in Media Science have large scopes in
different job sectors. Moreover, industry stakeholders get a number of advantages by hiring candidates having
Media Science background.
• The study of Media Science covers everything from print media (newspaper) to audio/audio-visual media (radio,
television, internet) etc. as well as public relations, advertisement, public relations etc. Students can get a lot of
career options such as, journalists, media planner, programme researcher, public relations officer, copy writer, news
anchor, freelancer etc. after completing bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field.
• While students get kinds of advantages reading this course, industry stakeholders can also get different benefits
hiring media science graduates or post-graduates. Students become efficient with the ever updating media
platform and knowledge and they can add value to the growth of the field.
2. • As the sector of media and communication is becoming more diverse
and dynamic day by day, the demand for the degrees in the media
and communication studies is also becoming popular. Media Science
is the study in the field of Mass Media that contains everything from
print media like newspaper to audio/audio-visual media like radio,
television, internet etc.
• Since 1980s, the degree has gained momentum in leaps and bounds
as it covers ranges of topics like advertisement, public relations, event
management etc. Apart from this, the course varies significantly in
content and approach towards the subject area.
4. Scopes of Studying Media Science:
• Media Reporter
• Media Planner
• Public Relations Officer
• Programme Researcher
• Social Media Manager
• Television/video/film Producer
• Web Content Manager
• Copy Writer
• Broadcast Journalists
• News Anchors
• Market Researcher
• Freelance Photographers, Reporters
• In order to achieve success in the field, students or professionals need to be persistent in their applications. The more they explore the domain and
get in touch with different media platforms, the more their chances of getting new opportunities increase. Learners should always seek for newer
openings in the field as well as internship programmes to get relevant experience.
6. Advantages of Studying Media Science:
• A degree in Media Science, whether bachelor’s or master’s, unlocks new avenues in job sectors for people coming from all walks of life.
• Students get practically preparation for different media careers.
• Students get practical skills like film production, copy writing etc.
• They become able to represent issues like gender, race, conflict, politics etc. through media platform.
• Students always remain efficient with updated knowledge in various fields like social media, recent technological developments, industry
• While pursuing degree, students get to interact with different personalities across the fields. They get scopes for learning, travelling,
writing, interviewing and many such.
• Students study through a combination of both theoretical knowledge and practical approach like classroom lectures, screenings, seminars,
practical activities, assessments etc. All this enhances students’ understanding of the media world.
• Media Science graduates or masters are also highly beneficial for the industry. As they come with efficient knowledge, they can contribute
value to the field, thus helping to develop the industry more.
• Summing up, study of Media Science has become one the most relevant and sought-after courses in today’s media-dominated landscape.
So, this is one exciting and influential subject area that students can easily invest in.
7. Key Points:
• 1.The study of Media Science includes study of print media (newspaper), audio/audio-visual media (radio,
television, and internet) as well as public relations, advertisement, public relations etc.
• 2.Students get a lot of career choices in areas related to media or other than that, such as, journalists, programme
researcher, media planner, public relations officer, news anchor, copy writer, freelancer etc.
• 3.Students can reap a lot more advantages reading this course, while industry stakeholders can also get different
benefits hiring graduates or post-graduates in media science.
• 4.Students become efficient not only in practical skills but also how they represent social, cultural, and political
things in media.
• 5.While the platform of media is always modernising, students’ updated knowledge in the field can add value to
the growth of the field.
Published by Brainware University