Cindy Cullen CPC,
• Started programming in 1983
• AS in Computer Information Systems -
NSTI - 1987
• BS in Computer Science - APSU -
• Corporate - American Chemical
Society, General Electric, Iostudio
• Freelancer/Consultant since 2003
• Certified Professional Coach - FIA -
• Master Prosperity Teacher -EGS -
3. What is a Freelancer?
Your own boss
Your own business
In business for yourself
18. Money ?
• Start part-time - How much time could you make
per week? You only need 30 minutes per week to
• How much money are you losing by NOT
• How can you bring in a little extra income RIGHT
What would you need to get started?
Usually very low overhead
You usually don’t need as much stuff as you
think you do to get started
Find a mentor
Decide what you need to know and learn it.
Classes are available.
Find your strong points and team up with those
who have strengths in your weak areas.
22. How to Start
What is your passion? Specialize.
Decide who your Ideal Client is.
Who do you want to work with?
Find out where they hang out
Attract them what speaks to them?
Find out what they want
Serve them - Sell them what they want
23. Legal - Security - Protection
Faith & Trust
Know your clients
Always give more value than they’ve paid for
28. How much to charge?
Experience - Your rate should go up
Going rate in your area
Value to the client - what’s it worth to them
Hour, week or month? Flat rate? Per project?
29. Communication/Customer Service
Manage client expectations - updates, progress, costs
Availability - Email, phone, text, social networks - protect
your time but BE available
Newsletters, up-sells, education, related products, sharing
items of interest
SERVE them - how would you want to be served or