6. 8 Powerful Ways8 Powerful Ways
to Rediscoverto Rediscover
Your PassionYour Passion
7. 1. Spend more time alone.1. Spend more time alone.
• When you surround yourself with lots of
people, or even one very strong individual,
it is difficult to know what excites you. It is
easy to become influenced if outside
energies are stronger than yours.
9. 2. Heighten your awareness.2. Heighten your awareness.
• No matter where you choose, look around
and learn to really appreciate your
surroundings. This is a space you
selected, so be aware of all the details that
made it your place of choice. Use your
senses to take in the beauty, scents,
textures, and sounds.
11. 3. Reflect.3. Reflect.
• Once you are comfortable in your space,
close your eyes. Put your focus on the fact
that you are pure energy and, because of
that, you are a vibrational being. Let this
really sink in.
13. 4. Write down your revelations.
• Once you are able to wrap yourself around
the idea of who you are at the core, write
these thoughts down. Explore how this
makes you feel. If you really “get it” you will
be feeling very powerful.
15. 5. Experiment with your choices.
• Okay, it’s time to get out there and have
some fun in the real material world. Take a
pottery class, attend a lecture on
photography, join a writer’s group, go
deep-sea fishing, etc, etc. The world is
17. 6. Bring clarity to your passion.6. Bring clarity to your passion.
• The universe likes specifics. If you are
clear in what you want, these things will
more likely show up for you. Many people
find themselves stuck here. You may find
that you have many interests, but you are
not sure if there is one thing you
wholeheartedly want to pursue.
19. 7. Affirm.7. Affirm.
• Once you have the passion you wish (and need)
to pursue, put it in affirmation form. Try this on
“I am a talented painter, and my work is sought
after from people from all walks of life.”
Write your affirmations down, say them out loud,
record them, and listen to them when you are
working out or driving. Make them personal and
specific. When you practice them
(writing or speaking), notice the
feelings that come up for you.
21. 8. Get your feet wet.
• Act. Take a risk. This is usually another
stumbling block for a lot of folks. But without this
step, your passion will remain an unrealized
If you have come this far, do not allow yourself to
stop now. An intelligent risk when the timing is
right, can take your life from dull to awesome.
23. Brief review of all the steps in a concise wayBrief review of all the steps in a concise way
to help you on your journey:to help you on your journey:
• Get to know yourself.
• Be one with your positive feelings
• Be aware of what is showing up for you.
• Acknowledge these as gifts.
• Express gratitude.
• Replace fear with faith.
• Listen to your intuition.
• Free yourself of expectations and surrender to
your divine guidance.
• Take action using your unleashed
passion while continuing to
24. • People often say that this or that person
has not yet found himself. But the self is
not something one finds, it is something
one creates. ~Thomas Szasz, "Personal
Conduct," The Second Sin, 1973
25. This is where most peopleThis is where most people
stumble and get stuck.stumble and get stuck.
• they either have no idea what their passion
is or they scream that they have too many.
We will look at the following, in particular,
in this chapter
26. • .... Too Many Passions?
• .... What if I am on the Wrong Track?
• .... Pulling It All Together
27. • "You must give some time to your fellow
men. Even if it's a little thing, do something
for others – something for which you get
no pay but the privilege of doing it.”
• Albert Schweitzer
28. • “You have to leave the city of your comfort
and go into the wilderness of your intuition.
What you'll discover will be wonderful.
What you'll discover is yourself.”
• Alan Alda
• Write down your responses to the
1.) In what areas are you an expert– or at
least highly skilled – that other people
2.) What have you achieved/accomplished/
30. • .... Do you envy anyone? Why?
• .... Whose life would you like to have?
• .... Leaving aside whether you agree with
cloning, what if you were presented with a
baby clone of you – what would you
encourage him/her to pursue?
.... Who do you admire? Why?
31. • .... What would you do to make the world a
better place for you, your friends and
family, and for others?
• .... What do you want your passion to give
32. .... Ask your three most trusted friends.... Ask your three most trusted friends
to answer the following questions:to answer the following questions:
• o What do you think I am good at?
• o What do you think are my top 5 natural
• o What do you think my passion could be?
• o How am I getting in my own way and
33. • .... How do you want to be remembered?
Not how you ‘think’ you will be
remembered, but how you would design
the epitaph or emblem of your life –
your ideal life?
34. • ““Dreams are like stars… youDreams are like stars… you
may never touch them, but if youmay never touch them, but if you
follow them they will lead you tofollow them they will lead you to
your destiny.”your destiny.”