SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Have a million dollar idea? Ready to disrupt industry with an idea that could save the world?
The 2016 Cleantech Challenge, hosted by University College of London and London Business School, launched on November 5th, but don't worry! It's not too late to form a team and pitch an idea. Here's the inside scoop on how to win £10,000 in prize money. That's right, £10,000 large, plus a chance to pitch your idea to potential investors.
CleanTech Challenge 2016
Thursday 5th November 2015
UCL Central House
• Global Innovation & Business plan competition
Innovative and outside of the box
With business potential
With a positive impact on the environment
• Jointly organised by UCL and LBS since 2009
• Technical & business students
A global competition
2009 2010 2011 2012 2013
Windows that generate electricity
TU Delft (Netherlands)
Incorporated in the
Solar-powered electric bikes
(became project Spin It Green)
Cost-efficient silicon solar
Incorporated in Denmark
Structures to fit solar panels in
Incorporated in the Netherlands
Heat diffusion for consumer and
industrial grade electronics
Diagnostic maps for agriculture
using the principles of precision
• 220 submissions from 30 countries
• Winners 2015: Team DEMETEX (KU
CleanTech Challenge 2015
CleanTech Challenge Supporters
The winning project is awarded £10,000 to test the concept
• The prize is funded exclusively by the sponsors and the schools
Boot camp finals:
The CleanTech Challenge is a three round competition that will run
from January to April 2016
Round 1 – The idea
• Generate a business idea
• Individually or as a team
• 200 words submission
• Deadline 31st January 2016
• How does clean technology feature?
• How would the business operate?
• How would it make a difference?
• How would the business gain revenues?
With a positive impact on the
clear novel feasible
• Successful Stage 1 ideas continue
• Find a team
• Develop your business plan
• Get mentoring
• Submit 1 page and 1 min pitch video
• Deadline 7th March 2016
Round 2 – develop your business
• 10 finalists
• 21st & 22nd April 2016
• London Business
• Challenge question
• Expert mentoring
• Pitch your answer
• Win £10,000
Round 3 – the Boot camp Finals
• Test and sharpen your entrepreneurial skills
• Form a multidisciplinary team
• Network with entrepreneurs, industry experts
• Improve the environment
• Start a new venture
• Win a cash prize (£10,000)
“…an amazing experience, the inspiring atmosphere and professional
guidance helped to bring our plans to the next level.”
Team DEMETEX– winners 2015 – KU Leuven
What the participants say
“It was indeed the acknowledgement from the Cleantech Challenge,
which encouraged us to compete in Venture Cup and start the company
…we owe A LOT to the Cleantech Challenge!”
BLACK SILICON SOLAR – winners 2011
How to participate?
• Applications will open in January.
• Keep in touch:
– Website: www.cleantechnologychallenge.com
– Twitter: @Global_CTC #CTC2016
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CleanTechChallenge
– LinkedIn group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4142255
– Register to our newsletter
– Email: email@example.com
– Come to our events
• Team building workshop 25th November, 2015
• Business plan workshop 14th January, 2016
– Spread the word!