BÀI TẬP BỔ TRỢ NÂNG CAO TIẾNG ANH 9 CHƯƠNG TRÌNH CŨ (HỆ 7 NĂM) - BẢN HS (235 TRANG).pdf
1. Hỗ trợ trực tuyến
Tài liệu chuẩn tham khảo
Phát triển kênh bởi
Ths Nguyễn Thanh Tú
Đơn vị tài trợ / phát hành / chia sẻ học thuật :
Nguyen Thanh Tu Group
BÀI TẬP BỔ TRỢ NÂNG CAO TIẾNG ANH 9
CHƯƠNG TRÌNH CŨ (HỆ 7 NĂM) - BẢN HS
WORD VERSION | 2023 EDITION
ORDER NOW / CHUYỂN GIAO QUA EMAIL
B À I T Ậ P B Ổ T R Ợ N Â N G
C A O T I Ế N G A N H
Ths Nguyễn Thanh Tú
2. English 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 1
UNIT 1: A VISIT FROM A PEN PAL
MỘT CHUYẾN THĂM CỦA NGƢỜI BẠN QUEN BIẾT QUA THƢ
- foreign /ˈfɒrən/ (a): thuộc về nƣớc ngoài
+ foreigner /ˈfɒrənə(r)/ (n): ngƣời nƣớc ngoài
- activity /ækˈtɪvəti/ (n): hoạt động
- correspond /ˌkɒrəˈspɒnd/ (v): trao đổi thƣ từ
- at least /ət - liːst/: ít nhất
- modern /ˈmɒdn/(a): hiện đại
- ancient /ˈeɪnʃənt/ (a): cổ xƣa
- impress /ɪmˈpres/ (v): gây ấn tƣợng
+ impression /ɪmˈpreʃn/ (n): sự gây ấn tƣợng
+ impressive /ɪmˈpresɪv/(a): gây ấn tƣợng
- beauty /ˈbjuːti/ (n): vẻ đẹp
+ beautiful /ˈbjuːtɪfl/ (a): đẹp
+ beautify /ˈbjuːtɪfaɪ/ (v): làm đẹp
- friendliness /ˈfrendlinəs/ (n): sự thân thiện
- mausoleum /ˌmɔːsəˈliːəm/ (n) lăng mộ
- mosque /mɒsk/ (n) nhà thờ Hồi giáo
- primary school /ˈpraɪməri - skuːl/: trƣờng tiểu học
- secondary school /ˈsekəndri - skuːl /: trƣờng trung học
- peace /piːs/(n): hòa bình, sự thanh bình
+ peaceful /ˈpiːsfl/ (a): thanh bình, yên tĩnh
- atmosphere /ˈætməsfɪə(r)/ (n): bầu không khí
- pray /preɪ/(v): cầu nguyện
- abroad /əˈbrɔːd/ (a) (ở, đi) nƣớc ngoài
- depend on /dɪˈpend/ = rely on /rɪˈlaɪ/ : tùy thuộc vào, dựa vào
- anyway /ˈeniweɪ/ (adv): dù sao đi nữa
- keep in touch with: giữ liên lạc
- worship/ˈwɜːʃɪp/ (v): thờ phƣợng
- similar /ˈsɪmələ(r)/ (a): tƣơng tự
- industry /ˈɪndəstri/ (n) : ngành công nghiệp
+ industrial /ɪnˈdʌstriəl/ (a): thuộc về công nghiệp
- temple/ˈtempl/ (n): đền, đình
- association /əˌsəʊʃiˈeɪʃn/ (n): hiệp hội
- Asian /ˈeɪʃn/ (a): thuộc Châu
- divide into /dɪˈvaɪd/: chia ra
- region /ˈriːdʒən/ (n): vùng, miền
+ regional /ˈriːdʒənl/ (a): thuộc vùng, miền
- comprise /kəmˈpraɪz/ (v): bao gồm
- tropical /ˈtrɒpɪkl/ (a): thuộc về nhiệt đới
- climate /ˈklaɪmət/ (n) khí hậu
- unit of currency /ˈjuːnɪt - əv-/ˈkʌrənsi /: đơn vị tiền tệ
- consist of /kənˈsɪst/ = include /ɪnˈkluːd/ (v): bao gồm, gồm có
- population /ˌpɒpjuˈleɪʃn/ (n) dân số
- Islam /ˈɪzlɑːm/ (n): Hồi giáo
- official /əˈfɪʃl/ (a): chính thức
- religion /rɪˈlɪdʒən/ (n) tôn giáo
3. English 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 2
+ religious /rɪˈlɪdʒəs/ (a) thuộc về tôn giáo
- in addition /əˈdɪʃn/: ngoài ra
- Buddhism /ˈbʊdɪzəm/(n): Phật giáo
- Hinduism /ˈhɪnduːɪzəm/ (n) Ấn giáo
- widely /ˈwaɪdli/ (adv): một cách rộng rãi
- educate /ˈedʒukeɪt/(v): giáo dục
+ education /ˌedʒuˈkeɪʃn/ (n): nền giáo dục
+ educational /ˌedʒuˈkeɪʃənl/ (a) thuộc về giáo dục
- instruct /ɪnˈstrʌkt/(v): hƣớng dẫn, chỉ dạy
+ instruction /ɪnˈstrʌkʃn/ (n): việc giáo dục
+ instructor /ɪnˈstrʌktə(r)/(n): ngƣời hƣớng dẫn
- compulsory /kəmˈpʌlsəri/ (a): bắt buộc
- area /ˈeəriə/ (n): diện tích
- member country /ˈmembə(r) -ˈkʌntri/ : quốc gia thành viên
- relative/ˈrelətɪv/ (n): nhân thân, bà con
- farewell party /ˌfeəˈwel - ˈpɑːti/: tiệc chia tay
BẢNG T M TẮTCÂU ĐIỀU ƢỚC CHO HIỆN TẠI (WISHES FOR THE PRESENT)
Trƣờng hợp 1 Trƣờng hợp 2
Cách Dùng Diễn tả một sự không hài long, không thỏa mãn
với một hoàn cảnh ở hiện tại, và ao ƣớc hoàn
cảnh đó xảy ra theo chiều hƣớng khác đi ở hiện
tại và tƣơng lai
Diễn tả điều ƣớc cho một sự việc ta
mong muốn nó xảy ran gay tại thời
Cấu trúc I wish + S + V-ed ( Qúa khứ đơn)
Hoặc I wish + could + V
I wish + S + was/were + V-ing ( quá
khứ tiếp diễn)
Ví dụ - I wish I knew more about European history.
(=but I don‟t know much about European
- I wish I could drive really fast. (= but I can‟t
(Dùng “wish + could + V”để nói về việc ngƣời
nói ao ƣớc có khả năng làm gì nhƣng thực tế họ
không có khả năng thực hiện.
- My son wishes he were studying
Marketing instead of Hospitality.
Chú ý Có thể sử dụng were đối với tất cả các ngôi trong
mệnh đề wish.
Để diễn tả ƣớc muốn hay sự hối tiếc, chúng ta cỏ thể dùng động từ “WISH” hoặc “IF ONLY”, hay
“WOULD RATHER” + mệnh đề (a clause).
1. WISH + (that) clause.
- A wish in the present (Ƣớc muốn ở hiện tại).
S + wish + (that) + S + V (past subjunctive) + O/A]
4. English 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 3
e.g.: I wish (I that) I had a good memory.
(Ƣớc gì tôi có trí nhớ tốt.)
He wishes (that) he knew many languages.
(Anh ấy ƣớc gì anh ấy biết nhiều ngôn ngữ.)
* Past subjunctive tense (Thì quá khứ giả định /bằng thái) có dạng giống thì Quá khứ đơn ( Simple past
tense), trừ động từ Be có một dạng duy nhất là WERE.
e.g.: He wishes (that) he were a president.
(Anh ấy ƣớc gì anh ấy là tổng thống.)
2. “IF ONLY + clause” .
Mệnh đề theo sau “IF ONLY” có cấu trúc giống nhƣ “WISH”,
e.g.: If only he were at our meeting now.
(Ƣớc gì bây giờ anh ấy có mặt ở buổi họp của chúng tôi.)
3 “WOULD / “D RATHER + (that) clause”: đƣợc dùng diễn tả điều gì ƣa thích hơn. Mệnh đề theo
sau “would rather” có cấu trúc giống nhƣ mệnh đề sau “wish”.
e. g.: I‟d rather (that) you took the course in English.
(Tôi thích bạn theo học khóa tiếng Anh hơn.) (in the present).
BÀI TẬP VẬN DỤNG CƠ BẢN
Bài 4: Chia động từ trong ngoặc sao cho thích hợp
1. Jane wish she (can/go) ___________ travelling at least once a year.
2. Jim wishes he (earn) ___________ more money so that he would live more comfortable.
3. My mother wishes she (not have) ___________ to work for extra hours.
4. The little boy wishes it (not rain) ___________ at the moment.
5. I wish I (be) ___________ healthier so that I could play some extreme sports.
6. Tim is sad because he has lost his bike. He wishes his mother (buy) ___________ him a new one.
7. I wish someone (offer) ___________ me an opportunity to study abroad.
8. Jim is bored as he is doing his homework now. He wish he (do) ___________ his homework.
9. My father is an officer but he wishes he (be) ___________ a famous singer.
10. My mother never let me go to school on my own. I wish she (let) ___________ me go alone.
Bài 5: Dựa vào những từ cho sẵn, viết câu hoàn chỉnh.
1. Old/ man/ wish/ his/ grandchild/ visit/ him/ more/ often.
2. I/ wish/ you/ can/ spend/ more/ time/ on/ study.
3. They/ wish/ their/ team/ be/champion.
4. I/ wish/ I/ have/ more/ friend/ and/ I/ not/ be/ lonely.
5. English 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 4
5. Mary/ wish/ her/ parents/ not/ have/ go/ on/ business/ trips/ so/ often.
6. Many/ people/ wish/ they/ be/ wealthy/ but/ I/ do/ not.
7. I/ wish/ my/ mother/ be/ less/ busy/ so that/ she/ have/ more/ time/ for/ me.
8. Jim/ wish/ his/ parents/ not/ expect/ too/ much/ from/ him.
Bài 6: Dựa vào câu cho trƣớc, viết câu thể hiện điều ƣớc với “wish”
0. I don‟t have a computer now.
-> I wish I had a computer now.
1. Jim‟s friend lives very far from him.
-> Jim wishes ____________________________________________________
2. My friend cannot afford her favorite camera.
-> My friend wishes _______________________________________________
3. The teacher make us do a lot of homework.
-> We __________________________________________________________
4. I can‟t sing as beautifully as my sister.
-> I ___________________________________________________________
5. My father is depressed that his favorite football team loses the ticket to the final.
-> My father _____________________________________________________
6. I don‟t have my own house at the present.
-> I ____________________________________________________________
7. Mr. Brown is sad that there is no way he can get promotion this year.
-> Mr. Brown ____________________________________________________
8. Peter is annoyed because there is too much noise from his neighnor.
-> Peter _________________________________________________________
Bài 7: Đánh dấu [ V] trƣớc câu đúng, đánh dấu [ X] trƣớc câu sai và sửa lại cho đúng.
________ 1. Peter and Jane wishes they could see each other more often.
________ 2. I wish Jim were able to deal with all the problems on his own.
________ 3. Mrs. Brown wishes her husband were home more often and talks to her more.
________ 4. They wish their work was less stressful and they have more time to relax.
________ 5. James wishes he had more money so that he could buy what he wants.
________ 6. I wish I wasn‟t having to travel a long distance to work every day.
________ 7. They wish they will able to visit her foreign friend.
6. English 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 5
________ 8. I only wish they provided a larger playground for the kids.
I. Choose A, B, C or D to complete the following sentence:
1. She likes to wear………..jean cloth.
A. fadding B. fadded C. fading D. faded
2. In the 18th century, Jean cloth was made……….from cotton.
A. complete B. completely C. completive D. completion
3. I don‟t like to wear…………………and…………Jeans.
A. painted/embroidering B painted/ embroidered
C. panting/ embroidered D. painting/ embroidering
4. They have just……………. A new style of Jeans in the USA.
A. introduce B. to introduce
C. introducing D. introduced
5. Some designers have………the Ao dai by printing lines of poetry on it.
A. modern B. modernized
C. modernize D. modernizing
6. She …………to the theatre by The Greens.
A. is often take B. is often took
C. is often taken D. is often taking
7. My car ………..yesterday.
A. has been repaired B. can be repaired
C. is repaired D. was repaired
8…………….your house………………….next year?
A. Will/ be built B. Was/ rebuilt
C. Is/ rebuilt D. Has/ been rebuilt
9. Can this car………………..?
A. repair B. repaired C. repairing D. be repaired
10. Must this test…….on time?
A. be finishing B. finish C. be finished D. be finish
11. Water can‟t……………………here.
A. be found B. be finding C. be find D. be finded
7. English 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 6
12. He used to………………..to school by his mother.
A. take B. be take C. taking D. be taken
II. Choose A, B, C or D to complete the passage.
I believe that it is (1)……………..to wear uniforms when students are at school. Firstly,
(2)…………..encourage the children to take pride in being students of the school they are going to
(3)……………they are wearing uniforms with labels bearing their school‟s name.
Secondly, wearing uniforms helps students feel (4)……………..in many ways. They all
start(5)…………….the same place no matter they are rich or poor. They are really friends to one another
(6)…………one school roof.
Last but not least, it is (7)……………to wear uniforms. It doesn‟t take you time to think what to wear
In conclusion, all students, from primary to high school should (8)…………uniforms.
1. A. importance B. unimportance C. important D. unimportant
2. A. uniforms B. clothes C. shirts D. blouses
3. A. so B. because C. and D. but
4. A. happy B. lucky C. equal D. interesting
5. A. in B. on C. at D. from
6. A. at B. in C. on D. under
7. A. exciting B. practical C. terrible D. fashionable
8. A. wear B. wearing C. to wear D. wore
III. Choose the best answer A, B, C or D that is the same meaning with the italic sentence:
1. They use cars and trucks to carry food to market.
A. Cars and trucks are used to carrying food to market.
B. Cars and trucks are used to carry food to market.
C. Cars and trucks are use to carrying food to market.
D. Cars and trucks are used to carried food to market.
2. We will meet him at the station.
A. He will be met at that station.
B. He will meet at that station.
C. He will be meet at that station.
D. He will be meeted at that station.
3. how long have they done their work?
8. English 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 7
A. How long have their work been done?
B. How long has their work be done?
C. How long has their work been done?
D. How long has their work done?
4. No one could help him.
A. He could be helped by no one.
B. He couldn‟t be helped by no one.
C. He couldn‟t helped.
D. He couldn‟t be helped.
5. The gate is painted once a year.
A. They paint the gate once a year.
B. They painted the gate once a year.
C. They are painting the gate once a year.
D. They will paint the gate once a year.
10. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 9
26. What is the ……. of your country? ~ 75,000,000 people.
A. introduction B. population C. separation D. addition
27. Will you see …….. Mr. Nam at Tan Son Nhat airport tomorrow morning?
A. over B. down C. off D. in
28. Minh‟s father often takes him …….. the park every summer.
A. on B. to C. in D. after
29. Can you tell me how many chapters this book ……..?
A. consists of B. consists C. comprises of D. includes
30. I‟ll pick you ……… at your hotel next Monday.
A. on B. off C. at D. up
31. Although we are far away from each other, we still ……….
A. keep together B. say hello C. greet each other D. keep in touch
32. What were you doing when the mailman …….. to you house?
A. come B. came C. coming D. comes
33. He …….. be late for class but he often comes late nowadays.
A. doesn’t use to B. didn’t use to C. doesn’t used to D. didn’t’ used to
34. Now that he reaches the age of 60, he will ……. next month.
A. retire B. quit job C. resign D. lose job
35. The earth is a ……...
A. satellite B. state C. planet D. star
36. The class ……… in four groups in the first school year.
A. was divided B. divided C. was gathered D. gathered
37. If you need an extra bed for your guest, you can use one of ………..
A. our B. us C. ours D. we
38. We went by car but the children went ……… foot.
A. on B. by C. to D. with
39. Buddhism is a ……..
A. group B. religion C. association D. imagination
40. Lan ………. the peaceful atmosphere while Maryam was praying.
A. enjoying B. has enjoyed C. enjoyed D. enjoy
41. I wish I ……. you some money for your rent, but I am broke myself.
A. can lend B. would lend C. could lend D. will lend
42. There are several books by Hemingway on this ……….
A. shelf B. platform C. cupboard D. support
43. I was so tired that I ……… asleep in the chair.
A. got B. felt C. went D. fell
44. The players ………. to be there at 3 o‟clock.
A. told B. were told C. have told D. tell
45. She often goes to the …….. to pray because her religion is Islam.
A. church B. pagoda C. temple D. mosque
46. It seems difficult for us ……… abroad at the moment.
A. go B. to go C. went D. gone
47. Music and painting are ………. subjects.
A. option B. optional C. optionally D. optioning
48. Vietnamese people are very ………. and hospitable.
14. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 13
A. at B. before C. between D. after
19. I wish you………. me with my work.
A. help B. will help C. to help D. would help
20. My father started ……….. in a small village 10 years ago.
A. teaching B. teach C. taught D. teaches
21. Leave it ………. it is.
A. that B. as C. like D. so
22. She can‟t afford that book because she has……… money.
A. a lot of B. few C. a little D. little.
23. When was that book …………?
A. made B. produced C. published D. created.
24. She spoke quietly to him ………… nobody also could hear a word.
A. because B. if C. although D. so that
25. He was ………… ill that he couldn‟t get up.
A. such B. so C. much D. too.
26. I rarely eat ice cream now but I ………… it when I was a child.
A. eat B. used to eat C. am eating D. has eaten
27. We must learn English at school. It‟s a(n) ……… subject.
A. primary B. compulsory C. national D. optional
28. Like Viet Nam, Malaysia is a ………. country.
A. tropical B. tropic C. tropics D. tropically
29. It‟s very crowded here. I wish ………..
A. there were a few people B. there is no one
C. there weren’t so many people D. there was somebody here
30. Ann‟s birthday is ………… February 14th
A. in B. on C. for D. at
31. They ………… in that house for several months
A. live B. lived C. have lived D. are living
32. My father …………. teaching in a small village 10 years ago
A. starts B. started C. has started D. is starting
33. We have lived in Ha Noi ………… 4 years
A. in B. since C. for D. at
34. Lan and Maryam are pen pals. They ………. each other twice a month.
A. writing B. write C. has written D. wrote
35. Mai is a Buddhist. She often goes to ………… to pray.
A. church B. pagoda C. temple D. mosque
36. We often have a long summer ………….July every year. We don‟t go to school.
A. in B. for C. since D. from
37. He wishes he ………… fly
A. can B. will C. should D. could
38. Vietnamese language is different …………… English language.
A. from B. on C. in D. at
39. Would you like to have lunch with us? ~ ……………….
A. All right B. Yes, I would C. No, I wouldn’t like D. Yes, I’d love to
40. Congratulations on your winning! ~ ……………….
17. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 16
It has ...............................................................................................................................................................
83. Nam is taller than Hung.
Hung is not .....................................................................................................................................................
84. When did you go to bed last night?
85. What time does Nam have to leave?
Do you know ................................................................................................................................................?
86. To do morning exercises is good.
87. This book is very boring and so is that one.
This book is as………..................................................................................................................................
88. Will it be necessary for me to sleep under a net?
Shall I have to …...........................................................................................................................................?
89. I last read a book on September 20th
I haven‟t ……………....................................................................................................................................
90. Ann began to be interested in healthy eating 3 years ago.
An has been……………................................................................................................................................
VII. Cho d¹ng ®óng cña tõ trong ngoÆc.
91. The garden is ……………….. with trees and flowers. (beauty)
92. They enjoy the …………….. atmosphere here. (peace)
93. The ………….. unit of currency is the Ringgit. (Malaysia)
94. In ………….., there are other religions. (add)
95. They like Pho Bo…………., they enjoy Bun Bo. (add)
96. The ………….. anthem of Viet Nam is sung in the school - meeting. (nation)
97. There is an ………….. match between Vietnam and Lebanon on VTV3. (nation)
98. The language of …………. is Bahasa Malaysia. (instruct)
19. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 18
124. A: We / watch / soccer match / TV / tonight? ~ B: I / rather / we / study /exam.
125. A: What / you / do / last night? ~ B: I / go / Water Puppet Theater.
XI. §iÒn giíi tõ thÝch hîp vµo chç trèng.
126. Maryam was really impressed …….….. the beauty of Hue.
127. It seems difficult …….. to meet her now.
128. He doesn‟t depend ……… his parents.
129. If you have any troubles, ask ……. help.
130. This guide book is full ……. useful information.
131. We still keep in touch ……… each other although we live away ………. each other.
132. He will go to China ……… the end ….. this week.
133. She went out …………. Saying a word.
134. What do you often do ……….. the weekends?
135. She was born ………… September 15th
20. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 19
UNIT 2: CLOTHING
QUẦN ÁO/ VẢI V C/ TRANG PHỤC
- century /ˈsentʃəri/ (n): thế kỷ
- poet /ˈpəʊɪt/ hoặc /ˈpoʊət/ (n): nhà thơ
+ poetry /ˈpəʊətri/ (n): thơ ca
+ poem /ˈpəʊɪm/ hoặc /ˈpoʊəm/ (n) bài thơ
- traditional /trəˈdɪʃənl/(a): truyền thống
- silk /sɪlk/ (n): lụa
- tunic /ˈtjuːnɪk/ (n): tà áo
- slit /slɪt/ (v): xẻ
- loose /luːs/ (a): lỏng, rộng
- pants /pænts/ (n) = trousers /ˈtraʊzəz/: quần (dài)
- design /dɪˈzaɪn/ (n, v): bản thiết kế, thiết kế
+ designer /dɪˈzaɪnə(r)/ (n): nhà thiết kế
+ fashion designer /ˈfæʃn/: nhà thiết kế thời trang
- material /məˈtɪəriəl/ (n): vật liệu
- convenient /kənˈviːniənt/ (a): thuận tiện
+ convenience /kənˈviːniəns/ (n): sự thuận tiện
- lines of poetry: những câu thơ
- fashionable /ˈfæʃnəbl/(a): hợp thời trang
- inspire /ɪnˈspaɪə(r)/ (v): gây cảm hứng
+ inspiration /ˌɪnspəˈreɪʃn/ (n): nguồn cảm hứng
- ethnic minority /ˈeθnɪk - /maɪˈnɒrəti /: dân tộc thiểu số
- symbol /ˈsɪmbl/ (n): ký hiệu, biểu tƣợng
+ symbolize/ˈsɪmbəlaɪz/ (v): tƣợng trƣng
- cross /krɒs/(n): chữ thập
- stripe /straɪp/ (n): sọc
+ striped (a) có sọc
- modern /ˈmɒdn/ (a): hiện đại
+ modernize /ˈmɒdənaɪz/ (v) hiện đại hóa
- plaid /plæd/ (a) có ca-rô, kẻ ô vuông
- suit /suːt/ hoặc /sjuːt/ (a): trơn
- sleeve /sliːv/ (n): tay áo
+ sleeveless /ˈsliːvləs/ (a): không có tay
+ short-sleeved (a) : tay ngắn
- sweater /ˈswetə(r)/ (n): áo len
- baggy /ˈbæɡi/ (a): rộng thùng thình
- faded /feɪd/ (a): phai màu
- shorts /ʃɔːts/ (n): quần đùi
- casual clothes /ˈkæʒuəl - /kləʊðz/(n): quần áo thông thƣờng
- sailor /ˈseɪlə(r)/ (n): thủy thủ
- cloth /klɒθ/ (n): vải
- wear out: mòn, rách
21. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 20
- unique /juˈniːk/ (a): độc đáo
- subject /ˈsʌbdʒɪkt/ (n): chủ đề, đề tài
- embroider /ɪmˈbrɔɪdə(r)/ (v): thêu
- label /ˈleɪbl/ (n): nhãn hiệu
- sale /seɪl (n) : doanh thu
- go up = increase /ɪnˈkriːs/ : tăng lên
- economy /ɪˈkɒnəmi/ (n): nền kinh tế
+ economic/ˌiːkəˈnɒmɪk/ (a): thuộc về kinh tế
+ economical /ˌiːkəˈnɒmɪkl/ (a): tiết kiệm
- worldwide /ˈwɜːldwaɪd/ (a): rộng khắp thế giới
- out of fashion: lỗi thời
- generation /ˌdʒenəˈreɪʃn/ (n): thế hệ
- (be) fond of = like thích
- hardly /ˈhɑːdli/ (adv): hầu nhƣ không
- put on = wear: mặc vào
- point of view: quan điểm
- (be) proud of/praʊd/ : tự hào về
I-ÔN TẬP CÂU BỊ ĐỘNG (PASSIVE VOICE)
Thì Cấu trúc câu chủ động Cấu trúc câu bị động
Hiện tại đơn S + V (s/es)
People speak English here.
S + am/is/are + VpII
English is spoken here.
Hiện tại tiếp diễn S + am/is/are + V-ing
They are building a new house.
S + am/is/are + being + VpII
A new house is being built
Hiện tại hoàn thành S + have/has + VpII
We have cleaned our car.
S + have/has been + VpII
Our car has been cleaned.
Quá khứ đơn S + Ved/V2
Someone cleaned the room yesterday.
S + was/were + VpII
The room was cleaned yesterday.
Quá khứ tiếp diễn S + was/were + V-ing
They were making a cake when I
S + was/were being + VpII
A cake was being made when I
Tƣơng lai đơn S + will + V-inf
The government will pass the new law
S + will be + VpII
The new law will be passed next
22. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 21
Tƣơng lai tiếp diễn S + will be + V-ing
She will be singing a song when the
prime minister comes in.
S + will be being + VpII
The song will be being sung when the
prime minister comes in.
BÀI TẬP VẬN DỤNG CƠ BẢN
Bài 1: Khoanh tròn vào đáp án đúng.
1. Yesterday my brother (bought/was bought me) a new T-shirt.
2. Who (was broken/broke) the vase?
3. Yesterday I was having dinner when my door (was knocked/was knocking).
4. At the moment my car (is polishing/is being polished) by my brother.
5. This car (has been used/has used) by Mr. Smith for 5 years.
6. The early train to Manchester city (leaves/is left) at 6 am tomorrow.
7. No one (has heard/has been heard) about the accident last night.
8. If you work hard, you (will reward/will be rewarded).
9. (Have the police caught/Have the poloce been caught) the thieves yet?
10. Which dress (chose/was chosen) to wear by Jane last night?
11. At this time next month, I (will be visiting/will be visited) London with my family.
12. The children (are looking/are being looked) after by a babysister.
13. You (will be receive/ will receive) a lot of compliments if you win the contest.
14. Jim didn‟t realize that his wallet (stole/was stolen) until he came home.
15. (Was you brought/Was you bringing) by your grandparents when you were small?
Bài 2: Hoàn thành các câu sau với thể bị động của động từ trong ngoặc ở thì thích hợp.
1. I (usually take) ______________to the cinema by my parents every month.
2. _____________(Jim/inform) of the exact date of the conference? No, he wasn‟t.
3. The concert (broadcast)_____________live tomorrow.
23. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 22
4. Yesterday, temparature (forecast) _____________to reach 400
5. At this time tomorrow, a birthday cake (make)________ for our best friend Jessy.
6. Who___________(rob) of all the properties last week?
7. All the members ___________(treat) equally in our organization.
8. Nothing (do)_________so far to prepare for the coming storm.
9. When I was small, I often (call) __________by my nickname.
10. Yesterday, Jim was playing with his dog when the doorbell (ring)_____________.
11. What______________(do) so far to lessen the impact of natural disasters?
12. At 8 o‟clock yesterday, my brother (feed) __________by my mother while I (look)
____________after by my father.
13. This film (never show) _______________on television before.
14. If you submit your assignment late, you (punish)___________by your teacher.
15. I think more attempts (make) ____________in the future to protect people from natura catastrophes.
16. No feasible solutions to this problem (put)______________forward yet.
17. I don‟t think that black café (prefer)_____________by many people.
18. Last week, everyone in my class (snow) _____________under.
19. _______________(these sheep raise) by the local people?
20. Every student (anticipate)______________to finish their essay before the deadline.
Bài 3: Chuyển những câu chủ động sau đây thành câu bị động.
1. Jim will pick me to the airport tomorrow.
2. Peter wrote his report last week.
3. They will replace the old equipment with new one.
24. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 23
4. What will they do to prevent natural disasters?
5. I think we will soon use up the natural resourses.
6. The children water the trees every two days.
7. They never mentioned Jim in their conversation.
8. At this time next month I will be sitting an English text.
9. When will they sell their new products?
10. At midnight, my brother and I was making a wish list.
11. My mother is preparing dinner at the moment.
12. No one will buy products with poor quality.
13. They will not allow your dog to enter the museum.
14. Have anyone heard of Jim and Jane‟s luxury wedding?
15. The boys are using the computer to look up information.
25. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 24
Bài 4: Chuyển những câu bị động dƣới đây thành câu chủ động.
1. A gift was sent to me by my old students.
2. You are not allow by the teacher to cheat in the exam.
3. My table is being fixed by my father.
4. How long has this fax machine been used by Mr. Green?
5. The singer was not recognized by his fan when he was at the restaurant.
6. He will be disqualified from the competition by the judges if he uses drugs.
7. All the unnecessary lights will be turned off to save energy.
8. Jane was prevented from staying up too late by her mother.
9. Was this document typed by Mr. Brown?
10. Many dead people were found by the recuers after the earthquake.
Bài 5: Sắp xếp các từ đã cho thành câu hoàn chỉnh.
1. Jim/one/preferred/Which/ - /tea/is/coffee/by/or?
26. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 25
7. are/All/victims/flood/the/helped/local/the/by authorities/being.
II- THÌ QUÁ KHỨ HOÀN THÀNH (PAST PERFECT)
Cấu trúc (+) S + had + VpII (past participle)
(-) S + had not/hadn‟t + VpII.
(?) Had+ S + VpII?
Yes, S + had./No, S + hadn‟t.
27. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 26
Ví dụ (+) I had left when they came. (Khi họ đến thì tôi đã rời đi rồi).
(-) I hadn‟t left when they came. (Khi họ đến thì tôi đã không rời đi).
(?) Had you left when they came? (Khi họ đến, bạn đã rời đi rồi à?)
Had you not left when they came? (Khi họ đến, bạn đã không rời đi à?)
Hadn‟t you left when they came? (Khi họ đến, bạn đã không rời đi à?)
Cách dùng - Diễn tả một hành động đã đƣợc hoàn tất trƣớc một hành động khác trong quá khứ.
Ví dụ: He had left the house before she came.
- Diễn tả một hành động đã đƣợc hoàn tất trƣớc một thời điểm xác định trong quá
Ví dụ: We had had lunch by two o‟clock yesterday.
By the age of 25, he had written two famous novels.
by + thời gian trong quá khứ
before, after, when, by the time, as soon as, as…….
EXERCISE 1: CHUYỂN CÁC CÂU SAU SANG BỊ ĐỘNG.
1.My father waters this flower every morning.
2.John invited Fiona to his birthday party last night.
3.Her mother is preparing the dinner in the kitchen.
4.We should clean our teeth twice a day.
5.Our teachers have explained the English grammar.
6.Some drunk drivers caused the accident in this city.
7.Tom will visit his parents next month. 8.The manager
didn‟t phone the secretary this morning.
9.Did Mary this beautiful dress? 10.I won‟t hang these old pictures in
the living room. 11.The German didn‟t build this factory during the
Second World War.
12.The Greens are going to paint this house and these cars for Christmas Day.
13.Ann had fed the cats before she went to the cinema.
14.The students have discussed the pollution problems since last week.
15.Have the thieves stolen the most valuable painting in the national museum?
16.Some people will interview the new president on TV.
28. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 27
17.How many languages do they speak in Canada?
18.Are you going to repair those shoes?
19.He has broken his nose in a football match.
20.Have you finished the above sentences?
THỂ BỊ ĐỘNG CÁC MẪU CÂU CƠ BẢN
EXERCISE 2:CHUYỂN CÁC CÂU SAU SANG BỊ ĐỘNG.
1.The waiter brings me this dish.
2.Our friends send these postcards to us.
3.Their grandmother told them this story when they visited her last week.
4.Tim ordered this train ticket for his mother. 5.You
didn‟t show me the special camaras.
6.She showed her ticket to the airline agent.
7.He lends his friend his new shoes.
8.She left her relatives five million pounds.
9.The shop assistant handed these boxes to the customer.
10.The board awarded the first prize to the reporter.
11.Have you sent the Christmas cards to your family?
12.The committee appointed Alice secretary for the meeting.
13.He hides the broken cup in the drawer.
14.They keep this room tidy all the time.
15.They all voted the party a great success.
16.We gave Ann some bananas and some flowers.
17.They moved the fridge into the living room.
18.She bought some cups of tea to the visitors in the next room.
19.They find the new project worthless.
20.The secretary didn‟t take the note to the manager.
THỂ BỊ ĐỘNG CÁC ĐỘNG TỪ TƢỜNG THUẬT
Các động từ tƣờng thuật bao gồm:
29. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 28
Cách chuyển câu chủ động có chứ động từ tƣờng thuật sang câu bị động:
Câu chủ động có dạng:
People (they) + say (said) + that + S2 + V2 + O2
Câu bị động sẽ có dạng
Cách 1: It + is / was + said + that + S2 + V2 + O2
Cách 2: S2 + am/ is/ are/ was/ were (không còn that) + said + to-inf/ to have + V3 + O2
EXERCISE 3:CHUYỂN CÁC CÂU SAU SANG BỊ ĐỘNG.
1.They told me that you were the best architect in this city.
2.She reported that the flowers were killed by frost.
3.Some people inform me that the director is going to take a business trip to England.
4.That officer announced that the meeting was delayed until next week.
5.He discovered that this cotton was grown in Egypt.
6.They promise that the performance will start on time.
7.He recommends that we should stay at the city center.
8.We believed that Alice would pass the driving test.
9.The director notifies all the workers that they will have to work extra hard this month.
10.They have persuaded me that they will go with me to the stadium.
11.They have decided that the company will go to the beach together at the weekend.
12.People think that Maradona is the best football player in the 20th
13.They find that the job is not suitable for a girl like her.
14.The teacher explained that this powerful engine pulled the train.
15.He told me that his football team had played well last season.
BỊ ĐỘNG VỚI NHỮNG ĐỘNG TỪ SAI BẢO.
Cấu trúc với động từ sai bảo bao gồm:
have + sb + do + sth
30. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 29
get + sb + to do + sth
Khi chuyển sang câu bị động có dạng:
have + sth + done + (by sb)
get + sth + done + (by sb)
EXERCISE 4: CHUYỂN CÁC CÂU SAU SANG BỊ ĐỘNG.
1.I had my nephew paint the gate last week.
2.She will have Peter wash her car tomorrow.
3.They have her tell the story again.
4.John gets his sister to clean his shirt.
5.Anne had had a friend type her composition.
6.Rick will have a barber cut his hair.
7.I will get the dressmaker to make a new dress.
8.He had a mechanic repair his car.
9.She often gets the technician to maintain the heater.
10.They had the police arrest the shoplifter.
11.Are you going to have the shoemaker repair your shoes?
12.I must have the dentist check my teeth.
13.She will have a veterinary surgeon examine her dog.
14.We had a man take this photograph when we were on holiday last summer.
15.The Greens had a carpet cleaner clean their carpet.
EXERCISE 5: CHUYỂN CÁC CÂU SAU SANG CÂU BỊ ĐỘNG
1. Tam learns English everyday.
2. Mr.Pike bought a new car yesterday.
3. Tam is reading a book now.
4. They can't make tea with cold water.
5. The chief engineer was instructing all the workers of the plant.
6. Somebody has taken some of my book away.
7. They will hold the meeting before the may day.
8. They have to repair the engine of the car
9. The boys broke the window and took away some pictures.
10. People spend a lot of money on advertising everyday.
11. They may use this room for the classroom.
31. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 30
12. The teacher is going to tell the story.
13. Mary is cutting the cake with a sharp knife.
14. They have provided the victims with food and clothing.
15. You mustn't use this machine after 5.30pm.
16. They told the new students where to sit.
17. John used to visit Mr.Cole at weekends.
18. She ought to do all the housework.
19. My mother had written the letter before 1985.
20. I'm cleaning my room.
21. They should phone her before the meeting.
22. My mother was making a cake when I came home.
23. Someone has stolen his car.
24. Police were questioning Tom.
25. He opens the mails every morning.
26. They are building a new school in this town.
27. The fire has destroyed many houses.
28. We finished the job by 10 o' clock.
29. They close the museum on Monday.
30. The police stopped us on our way to school.
31. People speak English all over the world.
32. They will build a new school next year.
33. John will deliver the letter.
34. He must do it right now.
35. You should finish the report now.
36. We shall discuss the matter in the afternoon.
37. People must not leave bicycle in the hall.
38. Parents should give children a lot of love.
39. Mr.Brown will fly a plane easily.
40. They made him work all day.
41. You needn't do all the homework.
32. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 31
42. He had to finish his work on time.
43. He used to borrow my pen.
44. Somebody has taken my briefcase.
45. Mr.Brian saw the accident.
46. The mad dog bit the little boy.
EXERCISE 6. Find the mistake in these sentences and fix the mistake.
1. Five suspects have be arrested by the police.
A B C D
2. He was ordered by the doctor to take an long rest.
A B C D
3. A dancing class was start last week.
A B C D
4. He were found in the forest by the police.
A B C D
5. A car is going to been bought tomorrow.
A B C D
6. These drugs are be destroyed by police.
A B C D
7. I'm from Russia and my family born there.
A B C D
EXERCISE 7. Circle the best answer.
1. My room _________________________ in the house by her now.
A. is being cleaned B. are being cleaned C. will be cleaned D. would be cleaned
2. Tom ___________________________ by Mary since 10 o'clock.
A. has operated B. have been operated C. has been operated D. All are wrong.
3. Someone __________________ to take his place.
A. must be find B. might be find C. should be finds D. must be found
4. 20 demonstrators ________________________ by the police.
A. was arrested B. were arrested C. was arresting D. A & B
5. That book ______________________ by Tom yesterday.
33. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 32
A. were bought B. bought C. A & B D. was bought
6. Much of the city ______________________ by fire in the 17th
A. was destroyed B. is destroyed C. are destroyed D. were destroyed
7. Work _________________________ by the teacher.
A. are being watched B. was being watched C. is being watched D. B & C
8. My house __________________ red and blue.
A. are painted B. is painted C. was painted D. All are wrong.
9. The grain _________________ to the factory, where it _______________ and ____________________.
A. are taken / cleaned / is checked B. is taken / is cleaned / is checked
C. was taken / was cleaned / was checked D. is taken / is cleaned / checked
10. Jag Niwas _______________________ by Prince Maharana Jagat Singh II.
A. were built B. are built C. was built D. is built
11. The wall _______________________ before you paint it.
A. must be cleaned B. should cleaned C. might been cleaned D. No answer is right
12. The Garden of Clear Ripples ___________________ by The Qing Emperor Quinlong in the middle of the
A. designed B. was designed C. were designed D. B & C
13. This computer _________________________ to use
A. will be continued B. would continued C. should continue D. must continues
14. A lot of food _____________________ these days.
A. are thrown B. were thrown C. is thrown D. was thrown
I. Chuyển các câu sau sang câu bị động
1. Mary types letters in the office.
2. His father will help you tomorrow.
3. Science and technology have completely changed human life.
4. Peter broke this bottle.
34. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 33
5. They are learning English in the room.
6. Nothing can change my mind.
7. No one had told me about it.
8. I don't know her telephone number
9. My students will bring the children home.
10. They sent me a present last week.
11. She gave us more information.
12. The chief engineer was instructing all the workers of the plan.
13. They can't make tea with cold water.
14. Somebody has taken some of my books away.
15. They will hold the meeting before May Day.
16. They have to repair the engine of the car.
17. The boys broke the window and took away some pictures.
18. People spend a lot of money on advertising every day.
19. Teacher is going to tell a story.
20. Mary is cutting a cake with a sharp knife.
21. The children looked at the woman with a red hat.
22. They have provided the victims with food and clothing.
35. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 34
23. People speak English in almost every corner of the world.
24. You mustn't use this machine after 5:30 p.m.
25. After class, one of the students always erases the chalk board.
II. Chuyển các câu hỏi dạng đảo Có/ Không sang câu bị động
26. Do they teach English here?
27. Will you invite her to your wedding party?
28. Has Tom finished the work?
29. Did the teacher give some exercises?
30. Have they changed the window of the laboratory?
31. Is she going to write a poem?
32. Is she making big cakes for the party?
33. Are the police making inquires about the thief?
34. Must we finish the test before ten?
35. Will buses bring the children home?
36. Have you finished your homework?
III. Chuyển các câu hỏi bắt đầu bằng từ hỏi "H/ WH" sau sang câu bị động
37. Why didn't they help him?
38. How many games has the team played?
36. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 35
39. Where do people speak English?
40. Who are they keeping in the kitchen?
41. How can they open this safe?
42. What books are people reading this year?
43. How did the police find the lost man?
44. Who look after the children for you?
45. How long have they waited for the doctor?
46. What time can the boys hand in their papers?
47. Who lend you this book?
48. How many marks does the teacher give you?
IV. Chuyển các câu có 2 tân ngữ sau sang câu bị động
49. They paid me a lot of money to do the job.
50. The teacher gave each of us two exercise books.
51. Someone will tell him that news.
52. They have sent enough money to those poor boys.
53. They have given the women in most countries in the world the right to vote.
V. Chuyển các câu với động từ tƣờng thuật sau sang câu bị động
54. They think that he has died a natural death.
37. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 36
55. Some people believe that 13 is an unlucky number.
56. They say that John is the brightest student in class.
57. They reported that the President had suffered a heart attack.
58. I knew that they had told him of the meeting.
59. They declared that she won the competition.
60. They rumored the man was still living.
61. People think that Jack London's life and writing's represent the American love of adventure.
62. They reported that the troops were coming.
63. People believed that the earth stood still.
VI. Chuyển các câu với động từ chỉ nhận thức sau sang câu bị động
64. I have heard her sing this song several times.
65. People saw him steal your car.
66. The teacher is watching the work.
67. He won't let you do that silly thing again.
68. People don't make the children work hard.
69. They made him work all day.
70. The detective saw the woman putting the jewelry in her bag.
71. The terrorists made the hostages lie down.
38. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 37
72. Police advise drivers to use an alternative route.
73. She helps me to do all these difficult exercises.
VII. Cho dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc
74. Toshico had her car (repair) by a mechanic.
75. Ellen got Marvin (type) her paper.
76. We got our house (paint) last week.
77. Dr Byrd is having the students (write ) a composition.
78. Mark got his transcripts (send) to the university.
79. Maria is having her hair (cut) tomorrow.
80. Will Mr. Brown have the porter (carry) his luggage to his car?
VIII. Chuyển các câu sau đây sang câu bị động
81. He writes a report daily.
82. They are preparing a gift for their mother.
83. My aunt was cooking a vegetarian dish
84. He is going to repair his son‟s bicycle this afternoon.
85. We have washed all the dirty glasses just a few minutes before he comes.
86. My family will buy a special present for our grandfather on the occasion of his birthday.
IX. Viết lại câu chủ động từ các câu bị động đã cho
39. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 38
87. Many letters have been written.
88. A refrigerator was bought by my father yesterday.
89. English has been taught at this school by him for 1 year.
90. Flowers are going to be bought to decorate his house by him.
91. A shirt will have been made until my birthday by my mother.
X. Chuyển các câu hỏi sau sang thể bị động.
92. When will you do the work?
93. How are you going to deal with this problem?
94. How do you spend this amount of money?
95. I wonder whether the board of directors will choose Susan or Jane for the position.
96. How did the police find the lost man?
XI. Cho dạng đúng của từ
97. A bottle was ________ (throw) outsides last night by him.
98. This fan has already ________ (fix) by my father.
99. Now, a test ________ (do) by him to prepare for his exam.
100. Finally, the key ________ (find).
101. They were very worried that the work would not ________(finish).
THÌ HIỆN TẠI HOÀN THÀNH (PRESENT PERFECT)
40. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 39
1. Cách dùng
Cách dùng Ví dụ
Dùng để diễn tả hành động đã bắt đầu trong quá
khứ, kéo dài đến hiện tại và có thể tiếp tục ở tƣơng
- I have learned English for 15 years.
(Tôi đã học Tiếng Anh được 15 năm rồi. => hiện tại
tôi vẫn đang học)
- Mr Nam has taught French here since 1990. (Ông
Nam đã dạy tiếng Pháp ở đây từ năm 1990. =>
hiện tại ông ấy vẫn còn dạy ở đây)
Dùng để diễn tả hành động vừa mới xảy ra - I have just taught English here.
(Tôi vừa mới dạy tiếng Anh ở đây.)
- Lan has learned French recently.
(Gần đây Lan đã học tiếng Pháp.)
Dùng để diễn tả hành động đã xảy ra trong quá khứ
nhƣng không biết rõ thời gian hoặc không đề cập
đến thời gian
- I have seen this film. I like it so much.
(Tôi đã xem bộ phim này. Tôi rất thích nó.)
- She has visited Ha Long Bay.
(Cô ấy đã đến thăm vịnh Hạ Long.)
Dùng để diễn tả hành động đã xảy ra nhƣng kết quả
còn ở hiện tại
- Lan has cleaned the floor. => It is clean now.
(Lan đã lau sàn nhà.)
- He has had a serious accident. => He is in hospital
(Anh ấy đã gặp tai nạn nghiêm trọng.)
2. Dạng thức của thì hiện tại hoàn thành
41. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 40
Thể khẳng định Thể phủ định
He/ She/ It/
Danh từ số ít
+ V (p.II)
He/ She/ It/
Danh từ số ít
has not/ hasn‟t
+ V (p.II)
I/ You/ We/
They/ Danh từ
have I/ You/ We/
They/ Danh từ
- She has just bought a house.
(Cô ấy vừa mới mua một ngôi nhà.)
- They have gone to Ho Chi Minh city.
(Họ đã đi tới thành phố Hồ Chí Minh.)
- Mr Nam has taught English since last month.
(Ông Nam đã dạy tiếng Anh từ tháng trước.)
- I have known Nam for ages.
(Tôi đã biết Nam lâu rồi).
- My mother hasn‟t lived here since Christmas. (Mẹ
tôi đã không sống ở đây kể từ Giáng Sinh.)
- I haven‟t been to Ha Noi.
(Tôi chưa tới Hà Nội.)
- We haven‟t finished our homework.
(Chúng tôi chưa hoàn thành bài tập về nhà.)
Thể nghi vấn Câu trả lời ngắn
Has he/ She/ It/ Danh từ số ít
+ V (p.II)
Yes, he/ She/ It/ Danh từ số
Have I/ You/ We/ They/ Danh
từ số nhiều
Yes, I/ You/ We/ They/
Danh từ số nhiều
42. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 41
- Have you done your homework? (Bạn đã làm bài tập về nhà chưa?)
=> Yes, I have./ No, I haven‟t.
- Has you taught here since last month? (Cô ấy đã dạy ở đây từ tháng trước phải không?)
=> Yes, she has./ No, she hasn‟t.
- Have they gone to Hue? (Họ đã đi Huế chưa?)
=> Yes, they have./ No, they haven‟t.
3. Dấu hiệu nhận biết
Trong câu ở thì hiện tại hoàn thành, thƣờng có các từ/ cụm từ sau:
- Never (chƣa bao giờ), ever (đã từng), just (vừa mới), already (đã rồi), yet (chƣa), how long (bao lâu), before
(trƣớc đây), recently/ lately/ so far (gần đây), up to now/ up the present (cho tới bây giờ), …..
- in the past (ten) years: trong (mƣời) năm qua
- in the last (years): những (năm) gần đây
- this is the first time/ the second time: đây là lần đầu tiên/ lần thứ hai
- since + mốc thời gian (since 2000/ last summer, …)
- for + khoảng thời gian (for ages/ two years ,…), for a long time = for ages (trong một khoảng thời gian dài),
4. Cách chia động từ ở thì Hiện tại hoàn thành
Động từ ở thì Hiện tại hoàn thành đƣợc chia theo 1 trong 2 cách sau:
- Nếu là động từ có quy tắc thì thêm đuôi “ed”: áp dụng quy tắc thêm đuôi “ed” vào sau động từ ở Unit 8.
- Nếu là động từ bất quy tắc thì xem cột 3 bảng động từ bất quy tắc
- He has just bought a new house. (Anh ấy vừa mới mua một ngôi nhà mới.)
- I‟ve known her for ten years. (Tôi đã biết cô ấy 10 năm rồi.)
43. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 42
- Nga has ever eaten this kind of food. (Nga đã từng ăn loại thức ăn này rồi.)
- She has waited for him for 30 minutes. (Cô ấy đã chờ anh ấy được 30 phút rồi.)
5. So sánh thì hiện tại hoàn thành và thì quá khứ đơn
Thì hiện tại hoàn thành Thì quá khứ đơn
Cách dùng - Dùng để diễn tả hành động đã bắt đầu trong quá
khứ, kéo dài đến hiện tại và có thể tiếp tục ở tƣơng lai
- Dùng để diễn tả hành động đã xảy ra trong quá khứ
nhƣng không biết rõ thời gian hoặc không đề cập đến
- Dùng để diễn tả hành động đã
hoàn toàn kết thúc trong quá khứ
- Dùng để diễn tả hành động đã
xảy ra tại một thời gian trong quá
Ví dụ - She has lived in Ho Chi Minh city for 8 years.
(Cô ấy đã sống ở thành phố Hồ Chí Minh được 8 năm
=> Bây giờ cô ấy vẫn sống ở thành phố Hồ Chí Minh
- Someone has stolen my computer.
(Ai đó đã ăn trộm máy tính của tôi.)
- She lived in Ho Chi Minh city 8
(Cô ấy đã sống ở thành phố Hồ
Chí Minh cách đây 8 năm.)
=> Bây giờ cô ấy không sống ở
thành phố Hồ Chí Minh nữa.
- Someone stole my computer
(Hôm qua ai đó đã ăn trộm máy
tính của tôi.)
BÀI TẬP VẬN DỤNG CƠ BẢN
EX7. Viết các câu sau ở thể khẳng định (+), thể phủ định (-), thể nghi vấn (?) ở thì hiện tại hoàn thành.
1. (+) I have finished my homework.
44. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 43
2. (+) ________________________________________________________________.
(-) My uncle hasn‟t been to Singapore before.
3. (+) ________________________________________________________________.
(?) Have they found their keys?
4. (+) Jim has just played video games with his brother.
5. (+) ________________________________________________________________.
(-) My grandmother hasn‟t visited me since November.
6. (+) ________________________________________________________________.
(?) Has your sister studied Medicine for 2 years?
7. (+) It has been long since our last encounter.
8. (+) ________________________________________________________________.
(-) We haven‟t graduated yet.
EX8: Đặt những trạng từ trong ngoặc vào đúng vị trí của nó trong các câu sau đây:
1. I have had dinner with my family. (already)
2. Have you finished your report? You need to bring it to me before 9 a.m. (yet)
45. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 44
3. I haven‟t done my homework. (yet)
4. My sister has left the party. (just)
5. Your mother has told you to come home early. (already)
6. Has the mouse gone? (already)
7. I have met her. (just)
8. The paiter hasn‟t finished his work. (yet)
EX9. Điền “for” hoặc “since” vào chỗ trống sao cho thích hợp.
1. I have learned Japanese _________ 3 months.
2. May has been working for a non-profit organization _________ I graduated.
3. Kim has been unemployed _________ half a year.
4. I miss my friend. I haven‟t seen her _________ months.
5. We have lived in the dorm _________ our first year at university.
6. Jim and Jane have known each other _________ quite a long time.
7. The baby‟s hungry. He hasn‟t eaten anything _________ the morning.
8. Have you used this laptop _________ 4 years?
9. They‟ve been close friends _________ they started college.
10. My grandmother has been a vegetarian _________ several years.
EX10. Chia động từ trong ngoặc ở thì hiện tại hoàn thành.
Jim: Hi, Jane. How are you? What (1. you/ do) ______________recently?
Jane: Oh, hi Jim. It (2. be)______________quite a long time since we last talked. Well, I (3.
work)______________for a non-profit organization. We are carrying out a project to help homeless people in
Jim: That sounds very interesting. (4. You/ have)______________any difficulties?
46. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 45
Jane: Of course! Basically my colleagues and I are doing charitable work, so we rarely receive any financial
support. We (5. provide)______________free food for the homeless people since last week. Moreover, the
organization (6. recently offer)______________ jobs for those people.
Jim: It is a meaningful job. I really admire you! How long (7. you/ work)______________there?
Jane: Since the start of our summer holoiday. How about you? What (8. you/ do)__________ this summer?
Jim: Not much. I spend my whole day reading and reading. So far, I (9. already finish)______________three
books. My mother (10. tell)______________me several times to go out and try something new but I (11. not
find)______________anything that suits me.
Jane: Uhm, let‟s see. How about joining our organization? We (12. look)______________for new volunteers
for weeks. The organization (13. also plan)______________to have some voluntary programs to help disabled
children. You can join and read books for the kids.I think it‟s quite suitable for you.
Jjm: That‟s a nice idea. I will definitely consider it. By the way, I (14. plan)__________to have a party with
friends. Would you like to come?
Jane: I‟d love to. When will you hold the party?
Jim: I (15. not decide)______________yet. But I will call you soon.
EX11. Dựa vào những từ cho sẵn, hãy viết thành những câu hoàn chỉnh.
1. I/ think/ I/ hear/ that song/ before/./
2. They/ not/ come/ yet/./
3. Jim/ already/ invite/Shirley/ his party/./
4. John and Julie/ have/ their house/ about two years/./
5. She/ not take/ her driving test/ yet/./
47. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 46
6. Mary/ be/a translator/ since/ she/ leave/ university/./
7. You/ ride/ your new car/ yet/?/
8. Paul/ ever/ meet/ a famous person/?/
9. Up to now/ Peter/ receive/ 5 awards/./
10. It/ be/ ages/ we/ last/ talk/./
EX12. Khoanh tròn đáp án đúng.
1. His mother hasn‟t prepared the meal (already/ yet).
2. Tommy (worked/ has worked) for this company for 10 months but now he doesn‟t work here.
3. This machine (has worked/ worked) for ten years so far.
4. Mr Vu (have found/ founded) this non-profit organization to benefit the local community.
5. Jame‟s (not been/not) a member of the volunteer club since he left school.
6. Her husband (has given up/ gave up) smoking when they had their first child.
7. (Have you read/ Did you read) this book yet?
8. I lost my key on my way home last night. Up to now I (didn‟t find/ haven‟t found) it.
9. You (have lied/ have lain) in bed since the morning. Get up and find something else to do.
10. They (were/ have been) close friends for 3 months but now they hate each other.
11. (Have you ever tried/ Did you ever try) ice skating when you were a kid?
12. How long (have you taught/ did you teach) in this primary school?
48. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 47
13. The last time we met (has been/ was) ten days ago.
14. You (have eaten/ haven‟t eaten) anything since yesterday. You must be very hungry now.
15. We (have been/ have never been) to this place before. This is the first time.
BÀI TẬP TỔNG HỢP NÂNG CAO
EX13. Chọn câu có cùng ý nghĩa với câu cho sẵn.
1. The last time I ate sushi was the last summer.
A. I have eaten sushi since the last summer.
B. I haven‟t eaten sushi since the last summer.
2. I last saw her on Monday.
A. I haven‟t seen her since Monday.
B. I have seen her since Monday.
3. I haven‟t watered this tree for a week.
A. The last time I watered this tree was a week ago.
B. The last time I didn‟t water this tree was a week ago.
4. I started collecting stamps last winter.
A. I have collected stamps since last summer.
B. I have started collecting stamps since last summer.
5. How long have you worked as a volunteer?
A. When did you start working as a volunteer?
B. When have you worked as a volunteer?
6. This singer‟s last performance was in Jly 20th
A. This singer has performed since July 20th
B. This singer hasn‟t performed since July 20th
7. They began playing tennis in the spring of 2012.
49. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 48
A. They have played tennis since the spring of 2012.
B. They haven‟t played tennis since the spring of 2012.
8. I last went to the zoo when I was 10.
A. I haven‟t gone to the zoo since I was 10.
B. I have gone to the zoo since I was 10.
EX14. Chuyển các câu sau từ thì quá khứ đơn sang thì hiện tại hoàn thành sao cho nghĩa của câu không
1. The last time I played the violin was 2 years ago.
2. The last time the team won the prize was a long time ago.
3. She last did charity work 2 years ago.
4. The last time I wrote a letter was 5 years ago.
5. My father stopped smoking in 2014.
6. I last donated my blood 7 months ago.
7. When did you start doing charitable work?
8. The last time she involved in community service was 2 months ago.
9. She said: “I began working as an activist when I was 20 years old.”
50. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 49
10. My best friend gave up eating fast food last year.
EX15. Chuyển các câu sau từ thì hiện tại hoàn thành sang thì quá khứ đơn sao cho nghĩa của câu không thay
1. We have learned English for 10 years.
2. It has been a long time since we last met.
3. Ms. Ann hasn‟t taken part in any voluntary programs for 4 years.
4. I haven‟t mer my family since last Christmas.
5. How long have you lived here?
6. The volunteers have provided free food and fresh water to homeless people since yesterday.
7. The doctor has quitted his job in the local hospital and moved to the central hospital for 2 days.
8. The children haven‟t had a long vacation since last year.
9. They haven‟t visited their parents for 3 months.
10. It has been 2 years since we broke up.
51. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 50
EX16. Chia động từ trong ngoặc về thì quá khứ đơn hoặc hiện tại hoàn thành (thể khẳng định hoặc phủ
định) sao cho phù hợp.
1. Last month our class (go) ____________ on a field trip with our teacher. We (not have) ____________
another field trip since then.
2. I (use to/ live) ____________ with my grandmother until I (be) ____________ 18. Since then, I (meet)
____________ my grandmother again.
3. My mother (work) ____________ as a teacher in the local high school for 20 years before her retirement.
4. The last time we (have) ____________ dinner together was 2 weeks ago.
5. My uncle (meet) ____________ his family since he (go) ____________ on a business trip last month.
6. Your friend Sarah (just/ phone) ____________ you. She (say) ____________ sorry because she (can/ come)
____________ to your party.
7. So far, I (already/ read) ____________ 11 different books. My most favourite book is “Paper towns” by John
Green. I (finish) ____________ reading it last weekend.
8. Last night I (feel) ____________ well, so my father (take) ____________ me to hospital. I (be)
____________ out of hospital yet.
EX17. Khoanh tròn đáp án đúng.
My first voluntary experience
It was a sunny day (1) _______ I first involved in community service. I (2) _______ a group of more
than 20 students to do voluntary work in a school of (3) _______ children. Soon after we came there, the leader
divided us into several teams with different duties. My job was to play with the children there. To be honest, I
was a bit confused at first. There were many children and all of them had health problems. However, most of
them were (4) _______ and friendly. They seemed to enjoy the volunteer‟s visit and they played joyously with
us. We (5) _______ the kids with paper and pencils and instructed them to draw. We maintained a cozy
atmosphere until the volunteer group had to leave. It was such an amazing experience to me that I could (6)
_______ forget it. I have involved in many other charitable projects (7) _______ my first voluntary experience.
I think I will continue doing charity in the future (8) _______ I have time.
52. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 51
1. A. when B. since C. for D. before
2. A. was B. came C. joined D. made
3. A. small B. strong C. disabled D. cute
4. A. badly-behaved B. naughty C. mischief D. well-behaved
5. A. provided B. bought C. lent D. borrowed
6. A. always B. often C. never D. just
7. A. since B. for C. when D. before
8. A. since B. for C. if D. unless
EX18. Đọc đoạn văn dƣới đây và trả lời câu hỏi.
When Henry Gates III was born on October 28, 1955. Almost everyone knows that he is one of the
world‟s richest people and perhaps the most successul businessman ever. He is the co-founder of Microsoft and
successully made it into the world‟s biggest software company. Moreover, he is renowed as a generous and kind
man who started his own charity with his wife. They named it “Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation”, also
known as the “Gates Foundation”.
The main purpose of the foundation are to improve healthcare and reduce poverty globally. In America,
it also helps to open up educational opportunities and provide access to information technology. So far, the
Gates Foundation has received many awards. President Barack Obama honored Bill and Melinda Gates with the
Presidential Medal of Freedom on November 22, 2016. “Time” magazine voted Gates as one of the biggest
influences of the 20th
1. When was William Henry Gates III born?
2. What is the name of Bill and Melinda‟s charity foundation?
3. What are the main purposes of the foundation on global scale?
53. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 52
4. What does the foundation help in America?
5. When did President Barack Obama honor Bill and Melinda Gates with a medal?
UNIT 2: CLOTHING
I. Give the correct word formation
1. We have been _____ since we were children. I hope our ______ will last forever. (friend)
2. The baby is sleeping ______________. (peace)
3. She sang the song ______________. (beauty)
4. Her new album is very ______________. (impress)
5. What is the _____________ between living in the city and living in the countryside? (differ)
6. She always does things _______. Things seem go wrong when she touches them. (care)
7. I enjoy a ______________ life in Vietnam. (peace)
8. ___________, we visit our relatives and friends on New Year‟s Day. (Tradition)
9. They have had a plan to replace the unfashionable vehicles. They hope all means of transportation will be
_______________ soon. (modern)
10. She has the ______________ to create new designs for the ao dai. (inspire)
1. friend - friendship 2. peacefully 3. beautifully 4. impressive 5. difference
6. carelessly 7. peaceful 8. traditionally 9. modernized 10. inspiration
II. Rewrite sentences, using the provided word keep meaning as that of the root one
54. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 53
1. She knows a lot more about it than I do.
I don't know.......................................................................................
2. Let's go abroad for our holiday this year.
3. During dinner, the phone rang.
4. It takes six hours to drive from London to Edinburgh.
It is a ..................................................................................................
5. Is this car yours ?
Do you ........................................................................................................................................... ?
6. He could not afford to buy the car.
The car ...........................................................................................................................................
7. Your hair needs cutting.
It's time you ................................................................................................................................
8. If you run a lot, you'll become healthy.
9. Nam will be eighteen next week.
It is Nam's ...................................................................................................................................
10. He never had enough money.
He's always ................................................................................................................................
III. Choose the underlined words or phrases that are not correct in standard written English.
1. He is very rich, so he can live ______________ (depend)
2. The singer looks ______________ on the stage. (attract)
3. Team games help to ______________ the students‟ solidarity. (strong)
55. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 54
4. We like going in his car as he is a ______________ driver. (care)
5. This stamp ______________ is valuable. (collect)
6. Uniforms make students ______________ of their school. (pride)
7. Jeans and T-shirts are his ______________ clothes. (favor)
8. Red ______________ danger. (symbol)
9. Mai ______________ Maryam to Hanoi last year. (invitation)
10. Some designers have ______________the ao dai by printing lines of poetry on it. (modern)
VI. Give the correct word formation
1. The sweater is designed without sleeves. It is ______________. (sleeve)
2. Please drive ______________, or you will have an accident. (care)
3. They were reunited after a ______________ of more than 20 years. (separate)
4. I had no ______________ making myself understood. (difficult)
5. He is interested in the ______________of old building ( Preserve)
6. Don't depend on him; he's a very ______________ person. (rely)
7. Rob was dismissed after being told by his______________that he must leave in a month's time.
8. He's quite an______ person. He plays lots of sport and goes running everyday (energy)
9. English is a________________easy language for Swedes to learn. (compare)
10. I think it's ver______of him to expect us to work over time every night this week (reason)
V: Rewrite sentences, using the provided word keep meaning as that of the root one
1. I last saw her three years ago.
2. The teacher will explain the lesson until all the students understand it.
3. You draw very badly.
I wish I.
56. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 55
4. They sell jeans all over the world.
5. People are going to build a new library in the area.
A new library
6. The clown made us laugh a lot.
7. You live very far from school.
We wish we
8. My father used to take us to the circus when we lived in the city.
9. I usually got up late last year, but this year I often get up early.
I used to
10. You have to finish your homework on time.
UNIT 2: CLOTHING
I. Choose the word which is pronounced differently from the other.
1. A. worry B. sorry C. dog D. doctor
2. A. hoped B. asked C. received D. washed
3. A. about B. sound C. young D. account
4. A. invited B. ticket C. pick D. circus
5. A. place B. jam C. face D. take
II. Choose the word in each line that has different stress pattern.
6. A. casual B. convenient C. designer D. embroider
7. A. fashionable B. rivalry C. encourage D. logical
8. A. poem B. champagne C. label D. novel
9. A. inspiration B. economic C. situation D. material
10. A. impress B. comic C. cotton D. baggy
III. Find the one choice that best completes the sentence.
11. Now fashion ______ want to change the traditional Ao dai.
A. makers B. workers C. designers D. dressers
12. The word “Jeans” comes from a kind of ______ that was made in Europe.
A. substance B. form C. element D. material
13. In the 18th
century Jean cloth was made completely from ______
57. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 56
A. rubber B. leather C. cotton D. nylon
14. In the 1980s jeans finally became high fashion clothing______ of jeans went up and up.
A. Sales B. Buying C. Selling D. Making
15. Today young generation______ wearing jeans.
A. likes B. enjoys C. is font of D. all A, B and C
16. The material used to make jeans was very ______ and it didn‟t wear out easily.
A. hardly B. difficult C. strong D. solid
17. My uncle is a seaman. He usually away on voyages.
A. fisher B. sailor C. worker D. boatman
18. Some designers have ______ the Ao dai by printing lines of poetry on it.
A. modernized B. introduced C. made D. increased
19. He may be from a rich family. His clothes look very modern and ______ .
A. old B. fashionable C. cheap D. inexpensive
20. Wearing uniforms help students feel ______ in many ways.
A. the same B different C. unequal D. equal
21. Wearing casual clothes gives students ______ of choice of colors and styles.
A. comfortable B. liking C. freedom D. convenient
22. I ______ in the same company since I left school.
A. work B. worked C. have worked D. had worked
23. Greeting cards are big business in Britain. Millions of cards______ every year.
A. is sent B. are sent C. have been sent D. has been sent
24. It was careless______ not to lock the gate.
A. of he B. for him C. of him D. from him
25. During the last couple of years they______ very happy.
A. haven‟t been B. weren‟t C. aren‟t D. didn‟t
26. Nowadays Jeans ______ all over the world.
A. is sold B. are sold C. sold D. sell
27. Lan feels sick. She wishes she ______ so many cakes.
A. didn‟t eat B. doesn‟t eat C. ate D. hadn‟t eaten
28. When I was young. I used to ______ to school by my mother.
58. ENGLISH 9 T I LI U GI O VI N
T EU V E Page 57
A. be taken B. being taken C. take D. taking
29. Modern patterns______ to the Ao dai to make it more fashionable.
A. has been added B. have been added C. are added D. added
30. In the 18th
century jeans ______ very popular. Only workmen ______ them.
A. were/ wear B. weren‟t / wore C. haven‟t been/ wore D. have been/ wear
31. Jeans have never been out of fashion, jeans______ by young people all over the world.
A. is liked B. was liked C. being liked D. are liked
32. For the time being he______ busy______ a new novel.
A. is/ writing B. was to write C. is/ to write D. was/ writing
33. ______ all over the world, English has become the international language.
A. Speaking B. Spoken C. Speak D. Being speaking
34. Mr. Johnson can‟t use his office at the moment. It ______.
A. is redecorated B. has redecorated C. is being redecorated D. was redecorated
35. A tree was lying across the road. it______ down in the storm.
A. is blown B. was blown C. is being blown D. has been blown
36. That church looks very old. When ______?
A. is it built B. has it been built C. was it built D. did it built
37. ______, after trying three times, he passed the driving test.
A. Lastly B. Last of all C. Last D. At last
38. Tom is late for class again. He______ punished by his teacher.
A. would be B. could be C. will be D. has been
39. A lot of guests ______, but few came.
A. was expected B. have been expected C. expected D. were expected
40. Write to me and tell me all ______ your holiday in France.
A. of B. about C. for D. with
41. The wall of the room was made______ thick glass.
A. by B. off C. in D. of
42. I‟ve been learning English______ five years.
A. for B. since C. in D. at
43. He said he met you once in Paris last year. ______ him since?