SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
1. Gain a better understanding of the resources to help you enhance your associations brand.2. Start thinking about your personal brand.3. Walk out thinking about a strategic integrated marketing plan that meets your associations business objectives.
Org pro final
Know WHAT to say, WHEN to sayit and WHO to say it to!Daniel CherrinDad to 3 + Husband + Attorney specializing inpublic affairs, media & crisis management
Public Relations | Crisis Management | PublicAffairsNorthCoastStrategies.com| 248.325.8731Now, I own my own consultancy.Organizations often find themselves navigating a complex environment thatrequires dealing simultaneously with litigation, governmental and regulatoryactions, media scrutiny and public perception. NorthCoastStrategies is focusedon developing meaningful relationships, through insight and advocacy, toprotect & enhance the reputation of organizations in the public eye.
Audit: Ask membership• Who are the members?• Who are the potential members?• Why are members leaving?• What are the current needs, wantsand perceptions of members?• What are the current needs, wantsand perceptions of potentialmembers.
Audit: Ask membership• Survey your members– How did they hear about you– Do you communicate too much ornot enough– How often do they visit your site– Do they follow you on twitter– Have you liked them on Facebook
Audit: Ask membership• What does the competition charge?• Which other associations do membersbelong to?• How many members purchase productsand services from other associations?• What publications or sites do membersread? How often?• Which conferences/seminars/courses domembers attend?• What are the strengths and weaknesses ofthe current products and services?
Metrics• Who saw your content?• How much time did theyspend reading it?• What did they do after theyread it?• Where did they go after?
Media ChannelsWEBSITESOCIALMEDIATRADITIONAL MEDIAINTERNALMEDIAEVENTSInfographicVideoMobile
• Where news breaks• Share photos, videos and conversationsvia tweets via hashtag # to help find andjoin the conversation• Share content, promotional informationand ticket info.• Ask/Answer questions• Provide real-time updates and video, andpromote other activities
• Share exclusive content• Event information• Hold contests• Give people an inside lookat the association usingreal-time photos, funfacts, video and more.
• Owned by Facebook• Snap camera-phone pictures.• Choose a filter to transform theirlook and feel, and then instantly postthem toInstagram, Twitter, Facebook andTumblr.• In addition, others can follow yourorganization by following a#(hashtag) Instagram feed.
• Share industry insight• Feature members• Showcase events• Leveraged by Facebook andTwitter.
• No visuals no problems.• What inspires you or yourproducts?
Other Resources• Foursquare -- a social city guidethat gives its 30 million usersthe ability to recommend placesbased on their location.• Use it to leave tips and must-see locations.
Email MarketingAre you communicating the wayyour members want you to.Are you communicating too much?Are you sending it to the rightpeople?Plan your multi-channel strategy?Gather intel over 3-5 campaignsIntegrate social mediaCreate compelling, sharablecontent
Media Relations (tips)Develop relationshipsBecome a trusted sourceMonitor the media and your keycontactsBe responsiveThink like a journalistRespect timelinesNEVER say “No Comment"
Personal Brand• Define yourself– Unique skills, experience, values– What makes you different• Who are you trying to reach?• What do they think of youalready?• What are you telling them• Communicate your brand
• Monitor the chatter• Know key influencers• Develop clear messaging• Own your brand• Be responsive• Be knowledgeable and informed• When you blow it, own up to it.• Consider humor.• Have a process in place.• Be empathetic
Working with agencies• Create a work plan• Give them a lot of information• Talk with them on a regularbasis• Listen• Be responsive• Manage expectations