The above presentation talks about delivering customer value , it not only covers Ansoff Matrix and BCG Matrix but it also talks about Product development Life cycle on the basis of Sales and time in all its stages.
• Ansoff matrix mainly provides four kinds of
market strategies which aid in upliftment of
• These are market penetration, product
development, market development and
EXISTING PRODUCTS NEW PRODUCTS
MARKETS MARKET PENETRATION PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
MARKETS MARKET DEVELOPMENT DIVERSIFICATION
• Market Penetration - The firm seeks to
achieve growth with existing products in their
current market segments, aiming to increase
its market share. In case of new gen software
the firm is penetrating with its already existing
products in its current markets that are Omni
docx and Omni flor solutions.ECM (enterprise
• Market Development - The firm seeks growth
by targeting its existing products to new
market segments so newgen is trying to
capture foreign markets with the help of its
existing products like Arabian markets and
banks by providing its software solutions.
• Product Development - The firms develops
new products targeted to its existing market
segments. In case of newgen software they
are trying to capture the market with the help
of customer communication management
that is the new product but they want capture
existing market first and this includes template
management and output management.
• Diversification - The firm grows by diversifying
into new businesses by developing new
products for new markets similarly newgen is
trying to capture foreign market as well as
Indian market with the help of customer
• The BCG Matrix shows the portfolios as and
when to invest .
• It states different portfolios stars , question
marks , cash cows and dogs.
• Different stages show different characteristics
and portfolios which tells what to do at a
• Stars - Have the potential to become cash
cows, it is necessary to invest in advertising,
incremental innovation similarly newgen is
investing in its customer communication
management vertical to become star in the
overall market share.
• Question marks - It is necessary to
differentiate between them, promising
products may become cash cows if newgen is
not able to fulfill its promise regarding
exporting its IT solutions and get acquired the
market share then it can probably enter into
cash cow stage . So it is required to rapidly
work on R&D and acquire market share.
• Cash cows - do not require high investment,
these products form the basis of the
company’s profitability if newgen success in
exporting its IT solutions then it does not
require more investment as market is ready to
purchase their products only some research
and innovation is required time to time for
• Dogs - these dampen production, they should
be withdraw from the market, it is required
for every software company to dampen their
products after their maximum utilization
because as new techniques come up old gets
obsolete .So if investment is required in the
older technologies make it and milk out the
maximum production and then divest. If
continuous improvement is not made
company is going to be liquidated.
• PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE shows various stages of
a product in the life cycle. It states about the
various phases of the product on different
• So according to newgen software its
• Customer Communication Management
software is on the cusp of introduction and
the growth stage.
• It’s ECM and BPM software solutions are on
the maturity stage .
• And all its billing system software are in the
declining stage which were used earlier.