Categories of Cyber crime
Types of Cyber crime
4. The Internet in India is growing rapidly. It has
given rise to new opportunities in every field
such as entertainment , business , education or
There are two sides to a coin. INTERNET also
has its disadvantages like CYBER CRIME –
Illegal activity committed on the Internet.
5. DEFINITION :
Crime committed using a
Computer and the Internet to
steal Data or Information.
6. The first SPAM email took place in 1978 when it was
sent out over ARPANET.
ARPANET : Advanced Research Projects Agency
Like spam the first VIRUS was installed on an Apple
Computer in 1982.
A 16-year old student was arrested in UK in 1994 for
doing this crime.
10. • Hacking in simple terms means an illegal intrusion into a
computer system or network.
• In many organizations they have to check their Internet
security protection. If not the hacking criminal uses a variety
of software to enter a person’s computer and the person may
not be aware that his computer is being accessed from a
11. • This has become a major problem with people using the Internet for cash
transactions and banking services.
• In this cyber crime, a criminal accesses data about a person’s bank
account, credit cards, Social Security, debit card and other sensitive
information to siphon money or to buy things online in the victim’s name.
• It can result in major financial losses for the victim and even spoil the
victim’s credit history.
12. • Malicious software that attaches itself to other software.
(Virus, worms, Trojan Horse , web-jacking, email bombing
• This type of software's employed for you to gain access to a
system for you to take delicate information or even data or
even triggering the destruction of software program contained
in the machine.
13. Damaging or destroying the data rather than stealing or
14. • Use of internet based attacks in terrorists activities
against computers/networks with the intension of
• Cyber terrorism can also include attacks on Internet
business, but when this is done for economic
motivations rather than ideological.
15. Software piracy is the unauthorized or illegal
copying, distribution, or use of software. It is such a
profitable “Business" that it has caught the
attention of organized crime groups in a number of
16. 1. CREATING FAKE PROFILE : Fake Profiles use
is common in Students. Many cases have been
registered against Fake Profiles in Cyber Cell.
2. PASSWORD HACKING : Students are taking
cyber crimes just for fun or carrying out small acts
such as password hacking to revenge on their
teachers , friends in schools an also Morphing
pictures and posting them on social networking
sites to defame others.
17. 3. PHISHING: Phishing is the act of attempting to
acquire information such as username, passwords
and credit card details. Phishing emails may
contain links to the websites that are infected with
4. Resent News where Government is taking Action
Against Websites Spreading Hatred : Terrorist
Originations like Al-Qaeeda, ISIS and Boko
Haram have been making use of the Social Media
creating hatred and divide.
20. o Use Anti-virus software.
o Insert Firewalls.
o Uninstall unnecessary software
o Maintain Backup
o Check security settings
o Stay Anonymous - choose a genderless screen
o Never give your full name or address to strangers.
o Learn more about Internet Privacy.
22. Internet security is a branch of computer security
specifically related to the internet.
Its objective is to establish rules and measures to use
against attacks over the internet.
23. Defend us from Critical Attacks.
Browses the safe websites.
Internet security process in all the incoming and
outgoing data on our computer.
24. Technology is destructive only in the hands of people
who do not realize that they are the one and the same
process as the universe.