SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
SOME IMPORTANT TERMS
• Crime- is an act harmful not only to an individual, but
also to the community or the state. Such acts are
forbidden and punishable by law.
• Juvenile Delinquent- a person who is under the age of
18 commits an act that otherwise would have been
charged as a crime if they were an adult.
• Juvenile Delinquency- also known as youth crime, is
participation in illegal behaviour by minors (<18)
The Youth Criminal Justice Act
• ..DocumentsYouth Criminal Justice Act In Action.mp4
Penalties for juvenile delinquents
• House arrest- The judge can order the minor to remain at
home, with exceptions (attend school, work, counseling,
and so on).
Juvenile hall/juvenile detention facility- facilities designed
for short-term stays.
Probation after juvenile hall- Probation is a program of
supervision in which the minor's freedom is limited and
Secured juvenile facilities- facilities designed for longer
term stays, like months or years.
Adult jail- In some cases, a judge can send a juvenile to
adult facilities like county jail or state prison.
• Verbal warning
• Fine- May be required to pay a fine to the government or
pay compensation to the victim.
• Community service
• Electronic monitoring- Juveniles may be required to wear
a wrist or ankle bracelet that verifies their location at all
JUVENILE DELINQUENCY IN INDIA
• The delinquency rate is higher among the boys than the girls.
• The age group that produces the most juvenile delinquents is
• Low educational background is one of the main reasons for
• Juvenile delinquents are found more in urban areas.
• Poor economic background is also another important cause
for youth offense in India.
In the year 2012
• The Reality Therapy approach to counselling and problemsolving focuses on the here-and-now of the client and how to
create a better future, instead of concentrating at length on
the past. It emphasizes making decisions, and taking action
and control of one's own life. Typically, clients seek to discover
what they really want and whether what they are currently
doing (how they are choosing to behave) is actually bringing
them nearer to, or further away from, that goal.
• Milieu Therapy is the psychiatric treatment of mental disorders
by making changes to a patient's immediate environment. It
involves the patient joining a group and using the combined
elements of positive peer pressure, trust, safety and repetition, it
provides an idealized setting for group members to work
through their psychological issues.
• Behaviour therapy is focused on helping an individual understand
how changing their behaviour can lead to changes in how they
are feeling. The goal of behaviour therapy is usually focused on
increasing the person’s engagement in positive or socially
• Activity therapy is a healing technique that is often employed with
people overcoming physical addictions or emotional issues. The
main focus of the therapy is to engage the individual in creative
endeavours that help to alter the thought processes of the patient
in a positive manner. Activity therapy may take place between a
therapist and a single patient or be utilized in a group environment.
Juvenile Delinquency is one of the major rising
concerns in the world and in India. NGOs as well as
the Government have taken drastic measures to
control the overgrowing cases of juvenile
delinquency and hopefully someday, we will see a
new world where the innocence has been restored.
Done by Dipannita M of 11 ISC.