28. TECHNIQUES: HAND AND PAPER
• GO LIVE AND WORK WITHOUT A NET! I like
this with an iPad.
• Pencil first then darken and perfect
• Pencil first then pen--
• Pen first then embellish
• Make a rough draft and redo—I use this when
I really want to get things just so, as for a
30. SUPERSTARS TO FOLLOW
• Sketchnoting is like any other endeavor or tool
that is new to you…finding and following
smart people gives inspiration and guidance.
• Check your favorite Web 2.0 tools and search
34. Click for cool article about Sunni and sketchnoting from TEXAS
35. LYNDA BARRY
Portrait of cartoonist Lynda Barry by Guillaume Paumier at the Alternative
Press Expo 2010, organized at the Concourse Exhibition Center in San
Francisco, California, by Comic-Con International on Oct. 16-17, 2010.
58. iPad APPS for Drawing
• I HAVE USED
– Paper 53
– Screen Chomp:
• MANY OTHER CHOICES:
59. PUTTING SKETCHNOTING TO WORK
• I started out with some presentations done at
my own speed and used to explain
• In meetings I started sketching.
• I challenged my students to produce
sketchnotes for assignment submissions.
• I started sharing online.
75. BUFFY HAMILTON!
• BLOG: Unquiet Librarian
• BLOG: dmlcentral: Interactive Marker Tables!
• She’s been working recently with having students do
collaborative presearch before researching, as shown
in the next slide.
81. Here’s a Cool Activity
• Art teacher has warm-up activities that
are called Bell Ringers
• Students come in and even before the bell
rings become sketching in the sketchbooks
made by their teacher.
• Each day the sketch is centered around a
quotation pertaining to art.