1. ETTIENNE SCHALK POTGIETER
ADDRESS: 27 Windermere close
I am an effective shift manager focussed on delivering high standards and maximum performance. I take a
‘hands on’ approach to managing a team and always lead from the front. I ensure that my team is highly
motivated and disciplined. I address management issues immediately so that high standards and results are
maintained. I am currently involved in various projects using lean management tools and 5S.
KUEHNE & NAGEL, UNITED KINGDOM
All contracts(key focus area British Airways)
January 2013 to present.
1. Plan, implement, manage and control all areas of the shifts warehouse operations and costs with maximum
efficiency to ensure it exceeds customer expectations.
2. Responsibility for Warehouse space circa 165k sq ft.
3. Set, agree and manage objectives and KPI's with Warehouse First Line Managers to achieve a ‘best in class’
4. Execute the vision for the site by working closely with the management team, and ensure it is aligned with the
5. Manage all assets and activities within the scope of the shift warehouse operation through clearly
communicated processes and KPI’s to achieve contractual requirements to meet customer’s needs.
6. Measure and review shift warehouse performance against company and customer KPI’s and implement
appropriate actions to seek continuous improvement.
7. Create, through effective leadership and clearly defined processes, an operationally robust programme for
building ‘world class’ health and safety standards, including Food Hygiene and HSE requirements.
8. Create, lead and manage a culture that is focused on maintaining and continuously improving a ‘world class’
Health and Safety standard across the shift warehouse operation.
9. Consistently ensure compliance with all applicable legislation and standards i.e. QSHE, Policies and
Procedures, statutory legislation, etc
10. Implement the site strategy for quality and ensure alignment to wider quality objectives through the
application of the QSHE framework
11. Deploy KNPS standards and deliver on CI plans
1. Plan, measure and deliver operational budgets for the client.
2. Plan, measure and deliver P&L requirements for K&N to ensure the profit plan is achieved.
3. Monitor shift warehouse operational expenditure and revenue, constantly reviewing methods to improve
warehouse operations to maximise plan performance.
4. Ensure finance standards meet the required legislative and Company framework.
5. Source, and dispose of assets in line with company procedures.
2. People Development
1. Identify optimum manpower requirements to ensure the provision of Company and customer objectives are
2. Increase management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and
disciplining; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring,
and appraising job results
3. Develop and motivate direct reports in order that they can meet and exceed their current and anticipated future
requirements, utilising stretching objectives and measurements through agreed KPI’s, thereby supporting the
facility's performance and the company's sustained growth
4. Recruit, performance manage and develop employees to maintain the necessary standards of skills for present
and future needs
5. Ensure through the correct Continued Professional Development methods a robust and sustainable succession
management programme is establish and maintained
6. Motivate and develop staff through appraisals and collective team communications to achieve
7. Council, coach and encourage staff and engender a culture of empowerment
1. Experience of operating at Warehouse Shift Manager Level
2. A strong background in fast moving logistics with experience of managing a large shift in a warehouse
3. Thorough understanding of budgets, their formulation and management
4. Ability to translate strategy into effective action through leadership and team building
5. Good PC skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
6. Good understanding of WMS
7. In depth knowledge of health and safety at work
8. Understanding and implementation of CI (continuous improvement)
Backshift team leader on British airways contract
August 2012 to December 2012
• Continuously monitoring and improving the quality of work on shift
• Manage a team of up to 17 warehouse staff
• Manage shift without shift manager
• Ensure health and safety procedures are followed at all times
• Reduced the amount of overtime being claimed by reviewing time management practices
• Created a highly motivated and disciplined team that takes ownership of its work and grows its
TNT FASHION GROUP, UNITED KINGDOM
Backshift Supervison, subcontracted via A1 Warehousing and Logistics
September 2006 to July 2011
• Managed and developed a team of 12 warehouse and administration staff
• Managed shift independently
• Managed drivers in absence of transport manager
• Responsible for the collection and forwarding of goods
• Collaborated with senior management team to define warehouse requirements
• Implemented and maintained all health and safety requirements
• Identified and implemented all staff training needs
• Managed work hours and eliminated any unnecessary overtime
• Oversaw unloading and loading for a fleet of 21 vehicles
• Resolved customer complaints
3. • Conducted staff performance reviews
VENUE PRO SECURITY, SOUTH AFRICA
March 2001 to March 2004
• Managed security staff
• Conducted planning and rota management
• Health and safety
• Customer liaison
• Resolved staff issues including disciplinary processes
• Completed administrative tasks
• Submitted information for billing
• Biggest single service charge of £1.5m with overall service charge across the portfolio of £3m
• Carried out change management
• Assessed and evaluated health and safety procedures and implemented improvements
• Evaluated contractor effectiveness and replacement, including tendering and award of service provisions
• Created and presented a plan to move to world class service
• Planned and implemented new major incident/disaster recovery plan
• Created a strong, driven team increasing output and service levels
• Developed strong relationships with stakeholders
• High School Diploma, Dirkie Uys High, South Africa 1996
• Driving licenses: b, be, b1, c1
• Counterbalance and reach forklift certified
• First aid at work certified
Simon Tame: TNT Fashion Group Field Manager
Rupert Nathan: EL Transport