SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
One born every minute
◦ One born every minute is a British observational documentary series which shows the
day to day activity of a labour ward.
◦ The factual series is made by Dragonfly Film and Television Productions, which is part of
◦ The first series won a 2010 BAFTA for best factual series, the second series was
nominated for a 2011 BAFTA for best factual series.
◦ Airlock who designed the interactive and multimedia material to accompany the
series were nominated for a 2010 BAFTA “New Media Award”.
◦ One born every minute is a fixed-camera observational documentary. Channel 4 seem
to be showing more fixed camera observational documentaries. The documentary is
shot in a hospital in Southampton.
◦ Using a fixed-camera observational style documentary is something that I will not be
using in my documentary as mine is not an observational documentary. But this style of
documentary seems to be effective for scenes which are located in a building and
want to recorded basically 24 hours a day without having to have a camera crew to
24 hours in A & E
◦ 24 hours in A & E is fully narrated throughout and is a single strand documentary.
◦ The camera is hidden and not an obvious thing, so people act normal and not staged.
◦ Camera shots used are; Long Shot, Close up, Medium close up (when people are
◦ Editing- fades from title to start of programme, normal shot to shot.
◦ Sound- Voiceover of the narrator, diegetic sound of machines beeping and doctors
talking, patients crying and talking and people on the phone in the background to
◦ The only graphics used is at the start of the documentary is the title ‘24 hours in A & E’
and this just cut away and moves on to the start of the scene.