SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
I am Brandy Mueller, Manager of the Records & Information Management Branch within Land Development Services (LDS).
I’m here to introduce HB1587, one of the newest amendments to the Code of VA, specifically Ch.6 USBC and the security of certain records.
The state mandated legislation will take effect July 1st of this year. We, the county, are currently working through the application and impacts.
You should each have in front of you a one page handout (front & back) providing the existing statute along with the amended language to read at your leisure…
Basically at a high-level…
the drawings and plans for single-family residential dwellings submitted for compliance with the USBC/SFPC shall no longer be subject to disclosure under FOIA, except to the applicant or owner.
Key takeaways for LDS staff….
1. Again, plans may now only be disclosed to owner/applicant. In your handout you will find the code definition for owner and reference to applicant, but basically the OCA provided guidance that the applicant is whoever is listed on the permit application
2. Currently our permit application only allows one applicant to be listed, realizing the potential impacts this could have to our current process and your business needs, we are revising the application to allow for multiple applicants in the fields where currently it allows for multiple contractors. This should be available online by July 1 and communicated accordingly.
3. This will not impact the dissemination of permit & plan status information online via FIDO. We will also continue to provide review & inspection comments.
1. Applies to single-family residential dwellings (attached and detached, no multi-family) as provided in your handout this further means USBC use group R3 and R5 are included, R2 is not.
2. Really stress importance of listing all necessary applicants up front.
Only those listed will be able to request copies of the plans at any point in time, if not this could cause delays/cost to the owner/contractor.
HB1587 Security of Certain Records : NVBIA-NAIOP-ESI-Fairfax Committee: June 8, 2017
Security of Certain Records
Land Development Services
June 8, 2017
Amending Va. Code §36-105.3
Effective July 1, 2017
Uniform Statewide Building Code; security of certain records.
Provides that information contained in engineering and construction
drawings and plans for any single-family residential dwelling submitted for
the purpose of complying with the Uniform Statewide Building Code (§ 36-
97 et seq.) or the Statewide Fire Prevention Code (§ 27-94 et seq.) shall be
confidential and shall not be subject to disclosure under the Virginia
Freedom of Information Act (§ 2.2-3700 et seq.), except to the applicant or
the owner of the property upon the applicant's or owner's request.”
Plans may only be disclosed to the owner/applicant(s)
Permit application to be revised to allow for multiple applicants
Will not impact the record of the record
• Permit & plan status information may still be made available online
(including review & inspection comments)
Applies only to single-family residential dwellings (attached and
detached, no multi-family)
Ensure all desired applicants are listed on the permit application
upfront (include permit expeditor, architect, engineer, etc.)
Alterations/amendments listing a new applicant will not be able to
obtain prior copies of the plan where a different applicant was listed.
The owner will have to make the request.
Letter to Industry is under way
Manager, Records & Information Management Branch