1. How to choose a “Great” Rod
A FishingRod’squalitydependonthe comingtogetherof the separate componentstoperformat a
1. The type of material eachcomponentismade of,thisincludes: The blank,guides,andhandle.
2. The type of fishingreel thatfeelsbestandfitsontoyourpreferredrod.
3. The ergonomicsof the rod, thiswill includethe comfort,how itfeelsinyourhandandthe
What is your purpose?
Beneficialtohavingthe bestfishingrodis tohave the right toolsto targetthe fishyouwant. Most
startinganglersbuyonlylow-pricedrodsassumingthatthere isnodifferenceinquality.Butwe all know
where assumptionsleadto.Problemslike snagsandbacklashesoccuroftenwithbadrods,alsocheaper
A buyer’sguide forthe enthusiast.
Askyourself these five questions:
1. Who isthe fishingrodfor?
2. What type of fishare youtargeting?
3. Whenare youfishing?
4. Where are youfishing?(Ocean,river,lake,sea,streamsetc.)
5. How are you fishing?(BoatorBank)
Notonlywill aqualityrodsave you a headache,youmightactuallycatchsome fish.
Four factors of fishing
The type of fish are you fishingfor
In general peoplefishinlakes,oceansorrivers,researchyoursurroundingareatofindout the kindof
fishinyour surroundingareas.Specialize inone speciesof fishfirstandexpandfromthere.
The rod parts to best suityour needs
If you are targetinglargerfish,youwill wantabaitcasterreel,whichismade tocast largerbait.Do you
wanta longor short rod?A longrod will allow youtocast longerdistances,whileashorterrod will help
youpull game fishthat lovesthe battle.
The type of fishingyou will partake in
Whenchoosinga rod,the choice betweensurf fishing(fishingfromthe beachor deepseaina boat) and
fishinginalake or riverare differentbecause saltwatertackle are made of non-corrosivematerials.