2. What is the purpose of this
• Our primary goal is to establish a magazine that concentrates on recent
and upcoming romantic comedy movies.
• The magazine's main goal would be to amuse viewers and pique their
interest in rom-coms.
• update movie fans on the most recent releases so they could stay
• In addition, this idea meets the client brief because we will be also
focusing on promoting a recently released movies made by a small
• we will promote Netflix as a current streaming service where the movie
will eventually be available To stream As well as promote our own fresh
streaming service named ZEN STREAMS. for example, Zen is an
independent streaming service that users can use to stream movies from
independent filmmakers. Therefore, new indie films will be located onto this
streaming service.in addition, instead of writing about popular cinema releases,
I'll highlight Netflix original rom-com releases as a way of promoting the
3. Form price, and genre
genre: I've chosen to base my magazine of rom-com movies since I think they're a fun genre to write about and
can cheer people up. In addition, rom-coms are a very common movie genre. therefore, choosing to write about
them carries less risk. rom-coms appeal to a wide range of consumers, making them a good investment
financially due to its popularity and there is a higher demand for romcom magazines than other genres such as
action, therefore, this is a great opportunity for success!
Form and price: I have decided to price my magazine at £3.50 as I feel that this is a good price for a 30-
page magazine. however, the magazine could be cheaper for people if they sign up for the monthly subscription
of £2.50 a month where they would get a new release every month.
4. what is the
• this magazine is appropriate for ages of 16-25 as
from my research I have found that many romcoms
are targeted for teens.(young love)
• For example, "teen romance films" tend to be more
relatable for people in their teens and twenties as
this is a time when serious relationships are being
• all races should read this magazine; it is not
specifically aimed at any particular ethnic or
• this magazine is targeted towards lower class
individuals, so it is affordable for everyone to
• The gender for this magazine is unisex as we
believe that all genders can enjoy a certain
5. What type of content would
there be in this magazine?
• As requested from the client brief, I would promote the new film
release by interviewing the stars (the focus and main characters of
this film) on different topics such as, how their audition went, how
long this film took to produce, insights into the characters played
• in addition, I would also include other new and upcoming film
releases so that readers can stay informed and keep up to latest
• On top of that, I would include different behind the scenes of
• the client brief also requires the magazine to be online based
therefore I would provide a Qr code so that readers can scan and
access trailers, full video interviews, behind the scenes videos and
memberships that they can apply for to get latest release
magazines from the same magazine company.
6. Article ideas
• For my first article, I have decided to conduct
exclusive interviews with Netflix stars that are
acting in the main movie release as I feel that
this type of content will appeal to the age group
of this magazine as they watch and tend to
keep track of Netflix stars on social media
• My next article idea would be based on the
making of romcom films. Therefore, the content
for this article would be, behind the scenes as it
is entertaining and light-hearted.in addition, I
decided to include actor auditions which will
appeal to my audience as it will interest young
• my third article idea will be based off promoting
indie produced upcoming romcoms. The content
for this article would include, information on
indie film releases, aspiring actors and new
streaming platforms (ZEN STREAMS) where
independent movies will be streamed.
8. Here is an idea of
the colors that will
be used for this
9. How does this colour scheme link to romcom?
• Pink and reds are usually Seen around Valentine’s Day, red is bursting
with romance. Therefore, during this holiday period you will see red
hearts all over shops and advertisements to celebrate love.as a result
of this, when people see a combination of pink and reds it reminds
them of valentine's day.
10. Fonts and design:
• double page spread font: Baskerville
• Masthead font: Garamond
• main coverline
• cover lines around magazine front cover
• main romcom film image on front cover
• review star rating and quotes for films
11. Why have I chosen these fonts?
• My masthead would be a Garamond font. I have chosen to use this font because, it
has a delicate affect to it which suits the genre I am basing my magazine off
(love).in addition, this font would be bold to attract attention and also italic to give my
masthead a softer affect to symbolise romance.
• I will also use a Baskerville font for the inside of my magazine this is because it is
easier to read but also looks neat
title of magazine with font:
• top romcom
14. Where would this magazine
• The client brief requires this magazine to be distributed in north
London. therefore, magazines are usually sold in supermarket
and off licence shops so I would distribute this magazine in local,
convenient stores and shops such as, Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys
etc. This would help gather a mass audience as these shops
aren’t targeted to most people in London.
• this magazine could be distributed locally by having someone sell
the magazines in person and outside of popular areas such as train
stations and I could also distribute this magazine through local
convenience stores in north London. this could be effective for
my target audience as teens and young adults tend to take public
transport and many teens often go to convenience stores when
15. How would the magazine be
we could market our magazine through different social medias such as
Instagram and TikTok.
Instagram could be a good social media to use as you can gain a loyal
following which will help you get to know your consumers. you could
also create a hashtag to gain a mass audience.
in addition, TikTok is a great app to promote this magazine on as it is
easier to gain a lot of viewers and TikTok automatically reaches a
certain audience. This audience would be reached by basing the
whole account on romcom films and stars.
moreover, I could distribute my magazine to a mass audience through
advertisement by providing a link on my bios to online websites
where the magazine could be purchased from. this could be effective
as social media is popular within the younger demographic.
• There will be a couple of equipment and resources required to ensure this
magazine is up to standard. These resources include, a digital camera and
a tripod to take the main image and an addition of some content images
• we will need to use a laptop to edit and write the content up.
• This magazine would also require a magazine editor, graphic designer,