1. Media- Audience Questionnaire Q1) What gender are you? Male Female This question shows the number of people taking this questionnaire through asking what gender they are. The question also shows that there were more males than females answering the questions.
3. Media- Audience Questionnaire Q3) What is your preferred music to listen to? Rock / Pop/ Indie/ RnB / Hip Hop/ Jazz/ Metal/ Techno/ Other This question allowed me to see what my target audience mainly listens to. They were asked to tick at least three boxes and the most dominant music group was Pop and the least was Metal. This also showed that my target audience do listen to Indie.
4. Media- Audience Questionnaire Q4) What features would you like to see in a music magazine? Exclusive interviews Album reviews Posters and photos Latest Fashion Celebrity Rumours Up & Coming Artists Concerts & gigs Readers questions answered Exclusive gossip Events Other ______ This question allowed me to see what generic concepts I would include in my music magazine as well as the most popular and least popular feature. The most popular was Posters and Photos and the least was Other. This question also helped me decide what features I would be putting in my music magazine.
5. Media- Audience Questionnaire Q5) How much money would you be willing to spend on a music magazine? £1 – 2 £2 – 3 £3 – 4 £4 – 5 This question allowed me to price my magazine the highest was £3 – 4 and this also showed that people were willing to pay more as the more high priced a magazine the better the quality.
6. Media- Audience Questionnaire Q5) What freebies would you want in a music magazine? Cd's T-shirts Posters Headphones Free Tickets Free Downloads Other______ This question allowed me to see what freebies people would like in their magazine and also see what the most popular freebie which was Free Tickets and the least popular was Other.
7. Media- Audience Questionnaire Q7) Would you take part in any competitions? Yes No This question allowed me to see the amount of people who would take part in a competition and most people answered yes.
8. 8) If so, what bands or artists would you go to see? This question allowed the audience to express what sort of bands or artists they would see, when applying to competitions. This question also showed the sort of genre’ the audience listened to. Most of the audience had referred to Hip – Hop artists as well as RnB. This question also contradicts Q3 as the most popular genre is Pop. Media- Audience Questionnaire
9. Q9) How often do you buy music magazines? Daily Weekly Monthly Sometimes Never This question allowed me to see how many people buy music magazines and people mostly buy magazines weekly rather than monthly. Media- Audience Questionnaire
10. Media- Audience Questionnaire Q10) What appeals to you when buying a music magazine? This question allowed people to explain what appeals to them which would also help me in deciding how I could appeal my magazine to my audience. The question also
11. Media- Audience Questionnaire 11) Do you watch music channels - If so, which ones? This question allowed people to name the type of music channels they watch on TV or on the internet, it also showed from the different types of music channels that is out there. The music channels also showed what type of genre the people listen to.
12. Media- Audience Questionnaire 12) Do you listen to the radio? - If so, which ones? This question was aimed at the younger audience specifically because the younger audience don’t mainly listen to the radio but this was proved wrong in this questionnaire. The younger audience mainly listened to popular radio channels such as Kiss or Capital.
13. Media- Audience Questionnaire 13) Do you use the Internet to read music magazines? Yes No This question was asked to see if people read music magazines online and they did. This question also showed if they’d prefer reading online rather than buying the magazine.