Talk at DroidKaigi 2019 about MotionLayout
MotionLayout is a new ViewGroup focusing on animation, which is provided with the ConstraintLayout 2.0 library.
We provided this ViewGroup to allow developers to create complex animations in a declarative way, which existing Android animation framework, such as Layout Transition using TransitionManager, CoordinatorLayout or ObjectAnimator, didn't cover.
In this talk we will going to cover the topics from the getting started and how MotionLayout differs from the existing animations framework to the deep dive into how the MotionLayout works.
Following topics are going to be included:
- Getting started
- What is MotionLayout
- Highlights of the key usages
- What is the difference with the ways of animation Android framework provides
- Integration with the layout editor
- Where to use MotionLayout
- Real app examples
- Replacing existing animations in a declarative way
- Integration with other key Jetpack components
- How MotionLayout works internally
- Math behind the scenes
- Future plans