SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Emergence of ITOA: An Evolution in IT Monitoring and Management
What is ITOA?
• Helps discover complex patterns in high volumes of IT system usage and performance data
• Helps to identify problems and system behaviors faster, so as to rectify the problem(s) before they
• Automates the process of collecting, organizing, analyzing, and identifying patterns in a highly
distributed, diverse and continuously changing application data environment.
• Ensures an improved IT system performance and continuity
• Relies heavily on Big Data Analytics.
Gartner, a leading IT analyst firm, came up with the term “IT
Operations Analytics (ITOA)”.
It refers to a set of processes and technologies that
predominantly aims to assist IT Operations teams by applying
analytic methods to data for:
• Prediction of Incident
• Root Cause Analysis
• Performance Management & Optimization
• Capacity Management & Optimization
Gartner, a leading IT analyst firm, came up with the term “IT Operations Analytics (ITOA)”.
It refers to a set of processes and technologies that:
The evolution of IT monitoring and management
•The industry’s shift from reactive, forensic analysis, to real-time
•Difficulties and limitations in analyzing millions of data points in a
widely distributed network and complex IT environments
WHY ITOA ?
• Reduces mean-time-to repair (MTTR) due to rapid problem determination
and application diagnostics
• Avoids downtime, thereby increasing the overall availability of the
• Reduces operations cost with the efficient use of skilled personal, so that
they can focus on critical issues.
• Increases insights into correlation of end-user interaction and business
• Provides business stakeholders with real-time insights
• Helps in extracting meaningful information by performing calculations on
large amounts of data.
• Applies pattern and statistics based algorithms, to automatically analyze all
changes that occurred since the last time, system under monitoring was
• Performs quick checks to determine the success of the changes, before
any change is executed
ITOA has following advantages:
Advantages of ITOA
According to Gartner, the demand for ITOA is
increasing rapidly among large and small to midsize
ITOA spend in 2014 - $1.7 billion | Expected growth:
Approximately 70% through 2015
• 20% increase in the number of global 2000 enterprises
giving ITOA a higher priority (from 2012 to 2015)
• By 2017, around 15% of the enterprises will use ITOA;
up from 5% today
Market Predictions on ITOA
The Future of ITOA