TALKING IN CONTEXT
● What makes a good physiotherapy clinical educator?
● Don’t simply add the role of educator to that of clinician.
● For students the impact of interactions with their clinical
educator can be as great as the impact of dealing with
● Understand the role and skill set of the physiotherapy
clinical educator and professional organisation.
● Build strong non-clinical skills - personal skills linked to
graduate attributes eg. teamwork and leadership.
● Nurture the role of advocacy, education and
communication in the health sector.
Edgar, S., & Connaughton, J. (2014). Exploring the role and skill set of physiotherapy clinical educators in work integrated learning. Asia-Pacific Journal of Cooperative Education, 15(1).