The Hi-media Micropayment Observatory, conducted by Harris Interactive, investigates how Internet users in Europe and the United States respond to and use micropayment. The Observatory’s findings confirm that:
- micropayment is used by an average of 40% of Internet users, whether European or American;
- it is much appreciated by users and enjoys a particularly positive image;
- among micropayment users, 74% of Europeans choose an alternative to bank cards as their means of payment for online purchases;
- micropayment is a particularly popular solution in the online music and games sectors;
- it has considerable growth potential, especially in the online news and information sector.