Apache DistributedLog (incubating) is a low-latency, high-throughput replicated log service. Sijie Guo shares how Twitter has used DistributedLog as the real-time data foundation in production for years, supporting services like distributed databases, pub-sub messaging, and real-time stream computing and delivering more than 1.5 trillion (17 PB) events per day.
- Overview of Apache DistributedLog
- How Twitter uses DistributedLog to build strong consistency in its databases
- How Twitter uses DistributedLog for data replication across regions
- How Twitter uses DistributedLog for pub-sub and real-time stream computing
- Lessons learned from production