SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
- Portugal, is a country located in southwestern Europe;- Portugal is situated in the west of the Iberian Peninsula;- Has a total area of 92,090 km ²;of Europe.
- Is bordered on the north and east by Spain and the south and west by the Atlantic Ocean;- Includes a mainland and two autonomous regions: the Azores and Madeira;- Portugal is the westernmost nation of Europe;
- Portugal was continuouslyoccupied since pre-historictimes by manynations, Romans, Barbarians, Arabs and others;
- Portugal was formed during the Christian reconquest;- In 1139 was established the Kingdom of Portugal, whose independence was recognized in 1143;- In 1249 the borders were stabilized, that´s why, Portugal is the oldest European nation-state;
- After many battles with Spain, and with muslims, we achieved our independence,- Our first King was Dom AfonsoHenriques;
- The Portuguese were the pioneers in shipping, establishing the first colonial empire, in Africa,During thetheand South America; Asiafifteenth and sixteenth pioneers in centuries, Portuguese were the the shipping, establishing the first colonial empire, with possessions in Africa, Asia and South America, becoming a world economic- We were a world economic power, political and military power, political and military during the 15th an 16th century;
- After a Republican stroke in 1910, the republic was proclaimed putting an end to monarchy.- The unstable First Republic was followed by a military dictatorship;- Oliveira Salazar gave birth to the Estado Novo, a dictatorship that lasted 40 years;
- Due to the discomfort in the country by the major casualties in the colonial war, a revolution occurred on April 25 1974;- The revolution, gave birth to a parliamentary democracy, that resulted in the independence of all overseas colonies, Mozambique and Angola;
- Portugal is a developed country with aHuman Development Index very high.- It is among the 20 countries with the best quality of life.- Portugal is a member of the the European Union since 1986;- Is a founding member of the Eurozone, the European Union and also a member state of the Schengen area;