SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Mission of Lviv
Comprehensive strategy for the development of Lviv in the period
2012 - 2025 formed the Mission and Vision of the city.
Mission of Lviv was formed on the basis of analysis and study of
Ukrainian and foreign cities using expert scientific opinion, as well as
using the strengths of all the previous strategies of Lviv and
elaborations in the strategic development of the city:
• Lviv is open to the world and friendly
to people. Preserving its unique more
then 750 year old European heritage.
Lviv is a stronghold of Ukrainian
national and spiritual traditions.
• Working honestly, effectively all
together we are building eco-friendly
and comfortable for people,
attractive and safe for investors,
interesting for travelers environment.
• Lviv is modern and dynamic. Here, it
is prestigious and interesting to study,
to develop culturally and spiritually,
to do sports, to create and love…
• 1256 – first mention of Lviv
• The city was founded at the intersection of profitable trade routes by King
Danylo Halytskyi and named in honor of his son Lev.
• 1356 – Lviv received the Magdeburg law
• Over the past hundred years Lviv was under the rule of eight countries
Austria, Ukraine, Poland, Ukraine, Germany, Soviet Union, Ukraine.
Lviv on the map
Lviv, just like Rome, stays on seven hills, among the woods in the valley of the
river Poltva. Lviv always differed by it’s advantageous strategic position and
exceptionally beautiful landscape.
City’s location still contributes to the development of the city.
Distances: Lviv - Berlin – 925 km., Lviv-Warsaw - 380 km., Lviv - Vienna - 790
Population of Lviv
• The population of Lviv is about 800 000 inhabitants;
• Lviv is the seventh largest city in Ukraine by population;
• 88.1% of the population are Ukrainians. The largest minority is
Russian (8.9%), then Polish (0.9%), Belarus (0.4%), Jewish (0.3%).
Lviv - the largest Ukrainian
speaking city in Ukraine
• Lviv is one of the first cities that raised the flag of Ukraine in 1990
• 88.1% of the population are Ukrainians.
• Only in Lviv you can feel the spirit of authentic Ukrainian
• In Lviv peacefully for centuries, lived four main ethnic groups: Poles,
Ukrainian, Armenians and Jews.
• Each ethnic group had their own district, what you can now guess by
the name of the streets (Armenian, Old Jewish, Ruska etc.)
• Those ethnic groups left their mark in the culture, architecture, cuisine
and formed the unique environment in Lviv.
Lviv in UNESCO
• December 05, 1998 - Lviv was included in the UNESCO World Heritage
•The territory of the Lviv Historic Centre Ensemble covers 120 ha of the
Old Russ and Medieval part of the city, as well as the territory of the St.
George’s Cathedral on the St. George’s Hill. The buffer area of the
Historic Centre, which is defined by the historic area bounds, is
approximately 3,000 ha.
Lviv – an open-air museum
• Architectural diversity of Lviv united traditions and styles of different eras
and nations - baroque, rococo, renaissance, empire, secession,
•Here is located the majority of all Ukrainian historic monuments.
Lviv – capital of festivals
• Overall, during the year are held more than 50 festivals.
• Lviv was the first city in Ukraine to withdrew from routine
commemorations and presented a new format of cultural events -
various theme festivals.
Lviv – the city of brands
• Lviv coffee, chocolate and beer have become the brands of Lviv;
• 1683 – Lviv’s merchant Yuri Kulchitsky was the first to bring coffee to
• 1803 – the first confectionary in Lviv was opened;
• 1882 – the first Lviv chocolate factory was founded;
• 1425 – the first bear in Lviv was brewed.
Lviv – Euro 2012 host city
• 2012 Lviv hosted 3 matches of European Football Championship EURO
• German, Danish and Portuguese national teams played their matches in
• Two new major infrastructure facilities: Danylo Galyckyi "Lviv" airport and
stadium "Arena Lviv“ were built;
• Foreign media discovered Lviv: "The winner is obvious" - with this title was
published an article about Lviv in the German newspaper “Frankfurter
First in Lviv
• 1776 – the first in Ukraine city theatre
• 1661 – the first in Ukraine university
• 1784 – the first in the world hot air baloon
• 1861 - the first in Ukraine railway
• 1574 - the first in Ukraine book
• 1853 - the first in the world gas lamp
• 1894 – the first in Ukraine football match
• 1785 - the first in Ukraine hotel
Lviv – ІТ center
• 2009, KPMG company recognized Lviv as one of the most promising
cities for development of outsourcing in the IT-industry.
• In Lviv work more than 30 IT companies.
• The special effects for several Hollywood films, which became
blockbusters and received Oscars, were produced in Lviv. Lviv
Programming Company «ELEKS Software» has a direct relation to such
world hits as "Spiderman," "HarryPotter" and "Hulk."
10 Reasons to Invest in Lviv (I)
• Ukraine to EU gate
• A TOP-10 best European City
and Region of the Future
2012/2013 (Financial Times)
• Investment projects of the city
(Industrial, Business park,
Olympic village 2022,
Eurobasket 2015 Hotels,
• Lviv successfully cooperates
with international financial
institutions (EBRD, WB, GTZ,
10 Reasons to Invest in Lviv (II)
• One of the best cities for
outsourcing IT and BS (KPMG)
• Cultural capital of Ukraine
• Euro 2012 Football championship
• Positive track record of attracting
foreign direct investments
• Lviv is a city open to the world:
• 38 universities, institutes and
• Over 130 000 students
• 28 000 highly educated
graduates every year
• Most students speak foreign
languages (mainly English
…everyone else works with us