1. COMENIUS PARTNERSHIPS Foreign Language School, Bulgaria Colegio de Educación Infantil y Primaria Castillo Qadrit, España Szkoła Podstawowa Nr 171 im. Stanisława Staszica, Polonia I Circolo Didattico "Mimmo Beneventano", Italia Secondary School Gadinti, Rumania Δημοτικό σχολείο Βλαχάτων, Grecia COOK BOOK I play, I learn, I appreciate! 2009-2010
3. KITCHEN RULES Before you start cooking, wash your hands, roll up your sleeves and put on an apron. When you are cooking on top of the cooker, turn the saucepan handles to the side, so you don’t knock them. Always wear oven gloves when picking up anything hot, or when putting things into or taking them out of the oven. Collect all the ingredients together. Weigh the dry ingredients and measure the liquid ones in a measuring jug . Check the recipe as you do this, to make sure that you have everything you need and know what to do. Be very careful with sharp knives. Hold them with theblade pointing downwards and use a chopping board.
4. When you are stirring fook in a pan, use a wooden spoon and hold the pan firmly by the handle. Whenever you find it difficult to do something or have to handle hot things, ask an adult to help you. Always make sure your hands are dry before you plug in or disconnect an electric gadget, such as a blender. When you are cooking on top of the cooker, turn the saucepan handles to the side, so you don’t knock them. Have a space ready for hot things. Put them on a mat or a wooden board, not straight on to a table or work surface. When you are cooking on top of the cooker, turn the saucepan handles to the side, so you don’t knock them.
8. PICTURE GLOSSARY DICING. It is cut into small cubes. To dice a vegetable, cut it in thin strips and then, slice through them to make small cubes. SLECING. To slice vegetables, hold them firmly on a chopping board and slice downwards. CHOPPING HERBS. To chop fresh herbs, bunch the stalks together and hold them down on the board while you slice the leaves finely. GRATING CHEESE. Hold the grater down firmly on a chopping board and rub the cheese downwards against the grater. SIFTING. To sift flour or icing sugar, shake it through a sieve. This gets rid of lumps and makes it light and airy. CREAMING. To cream butter and sugar together, mix them in a bowl and beat them together until the mixture drops off the spoon easily.
9. DOUGH. It is a thick mixture made mainly of flour, before it has been cooked. KNEADING. To knead dough, fold it and punch it down, then turn it round and keep doing the same thing until the dough is smooth and stretchy. BLENDING. It means mixing ingredients together in a blender. BEATING. To beat something, stir it hard. SEASONING. When you season food, you add salt, pepper, spices, or herbs to it.
10. BAKING. To bake is to cook in an oven. GRILLING. To grill fook, you cook it quickly at a high temperature under a grill. FRYING. To fry fook, cook it in hot fat or oil until it is brown and crisp. GREASING A TIN. To grease a baking tin, rub it with butter, oil, or lard. This stops fook from sticking to it. BOILING. Boiling means cooking in water that is boiling (bubbling fiercely)
12. CHRISTMAS PASTRY RINGS Ingredients: 200 grams all-purpose flour 140 grams butter 100 grams granulated sugar 2 eggs A pinch of baking powder Grated lemon zest or vanilla extract
13. Directions 1.Knead the dough. 2. Roll out until it is 0.5 cm thick 3. With a small or big glass, cut circles. 4. Brush with egg white, sprinkle with granulated sugar and chopped walnuts. Bake at a low temperature.
17. 1. Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and knead until dough forms . Let dough rest for 20 min. Directions 2.Roll out a thin sheet of pastry and cut out different figures 3. Put them in a greased baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with caster sugar while still warm.
19. 1. Grate the pumpkin . 2. Add the sugar, the chopped walnuts and cinnamon 3 . Put the first filo sheet into your tray and spread the mixture, sparingly put oil over this sheet and keep repeating this step until all your filo pastry has been used.
20. Dried fruit Ingredients 200 grams Dried fruit- apples, pears, plums, cherry, apricots 100 grams sugar A pinch of cinnamon 2-3 cloves
21. 1. Soak the fruit for about 1-2 hours 2. Boil fruit in water until tender Then add sugar, cloves and a pinch of cinnamon . Bon appétit !
32. STRUFFOLI The name of this cake comes from the greek word "strongulos" which means round body (not by chance struffoli are a kind of balls of dough). Ingredients for 10 people: 400 g flour 4 eggs 50 g butter 1 small glass of aniseed liqueur 1 pinch of salt oil for frying 1 jar of honey at least 500 g 100 g candied orange peel 100 g candied citron peel 50 g candied pumpkin peel (I fear that unless you go to Naples ... where is called "cocozza") 100 g of small multicolored sweets called "chilli" ( "Codette" at the supermarket) 50 g of "Cannellini" that is oblong sweets with inside a layer of cinnamon
33. Procedure: Mix the flour with the butter, eggs and salt until dough is worthy of the name. Add the glass of anise. Place the dough in a corner of the table pastaiolo (wooden board or marble surface) and you need to reduce the dough in a shape of a long bread stick, and that is always keep your hands and work plan floured work. Cut the "breadsticks" in long pieces about 1 centimeter. When you finish this operation , pour the oil in a pan or pot high or high-basket fryer, turn on the stove and heat to frying temperature, in the meantime put the paper towel in a bowl. When the oil is ready, add a handful of struffoli, the most of those that cover the bottom of the container of fry. And let them become golden not brown. Be careful at this point the oil in contact with the flour creates foam that can overflowing, I advise you to "break the bubbles” of foam with a skimmer or equip yourself a fan and ventilate the surface of the pot, or other means to fry that have included. Take out the struffoli with a skimmer or basket and put them in a bowl on the paper towel, repeat the above operations by putting on several layers of paper towels. Take a large pot, pour in the honey and two spoons of water and put everything on the stove over a medium heat. Turn right honey with a wooden spoon until it is completely melted and very hot. Pour in all struffoli and turn it over low heat until they are well soaked in honey, do not expect that absorb all the honey, only the surface of impregnated them. Take the plates or platter, put a glass jar in the middle, put the pot of struffoli around the jar. Put the chilli, the cannellini and the candy. When struffoli are cool, gently remove the jar from the center. You got the typical form of this amazing Christmas cake of the Neapolitan tradition.
34. ROCCOCO’ The Roccocò are typical Neapolitan cookies. They are baked and have a rounded shape similar to that of a squashed donut. They are particularly hard biscuits so they can be softened by dipping in vermouth, in sparkling white wine or marsala. Ingredients for 10 people 1 kg. flour 800 gr. sugar 400 gr. almonds (or nuts) the peel of two oranges cut into cubes two pinches of vanillin 40 gr. spices (Pisto = cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg ...) 3 gr. Ammonia powder (Buy it in the pharmacy saying that it is to make a cake) a glass of water –liquor ( if you like)
35. Place all the ingredients on the table pastaiolo (wooden board or marble surface) except the almonds and mix the ingredients Then add the almonds and with the help of water and drink blend. Divide the dough into loaves main Rolled up and form a"donut“ Put a sheet of greaseproof paper on a baking pan,and lay down the biscuits slightly crushed. Brush with egg yolk the top of the Roccocò and bake at 160 ° for about 15 minutes (Check them . They should be ready when they will be golden) Procedure:
36. SUSAMIELLI Originally called sesamielli, since they were covered with sesame seeds. Someone calls them "sapienze", the name apparently derives from the nuns who belonged to the order of the monastery of Sapienza. So the shape of the letter "S" satisfies both names Ingredients: - Flour 250 gr - Honey 250 gr - Sugar gr100 - Almonds 100 gr - Cubes of candied orange peel, pumpkin peel and citron peel - "Track" of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg - A dash of ammonia (for the cake, of course)
37. Procedure: Mix almonds, cubes of pumpkin “Cocozza”, cedar and candied orange peel (all chopped into small pieces) with flour and a dash of ammonia. Heat the honey and add it to the flour , stir the mixture once with a wooden spoon, later, when it is a bit cold, mix and work with the hands as quickly as possible. Knead the dough until this becomes homogeneous. Make sticks about 2 cm in diameter and 12 cm. length and folded them giving it the shape of an "S". Crush them slightly and on each pass wet fingers. Bake at 170 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
38. 100 g margarine 500 g flour 250 g honey 125 g sugar 1 heaped spoonfuls cocoa 1 egg 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp spices: cinnamon, cloves , kardamom, ginger, piment pinch of salt 2 egg whites 250 g powdered sugar 1 tsp starch 1 tsp lemon juice
39. W arm f at, honey, sugar, spices and cocoa in a pot – don’t boil. Then cool well. Put flour, egg, baking powder and salt to a bowl. Add the mixture. Knead the dough. Cool in a fridge for 1 hour. Roll out the dough with the rolling pin. Cut shapes with cutters or make own shapes. Bake for 10 minutes in the 200 C oven. Cool. Keep ginger cakes for 2 weeks in a tin box. FROSTING Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix well until fluffy. Add some colour if you like. Decorate the cakes.
40. 150 g honey 300 g sugar 400 g flour 50 g butter 1 egg 2 tsp. baking soda rum flavour ground spices 1 tsp cloves 1 tsp cinnamon ½ tsp piment some dried fruit, raisins, orange peel, nuts and almonds to add and to decorate the top TOPPING 100 g sugar 2 tbsp milk 80 g margarine 2 tbsp natural cocoa
41. Grease the form and sprinkle some breadcrumbs over the fat. Pour the batter. Bake in a 175 degree oven. TOPPING Put s ugar, milk, margarine and cocoa into a pot. Heat and boil slowly until thick. Remove from heat and pour over the cake. Decorate the cake quickly when the topping is hot. Put 200 g sugar in a pot and melt the sugar. Add quickly 1½ glass of warm water. Add honey and spices. Cream the egg , the rest of sugar and butter with a blender. Add the flavour. . ! DANGER – ask your parent or teacher to help you. Cut dried fruit, orange peel, nuts and almonds, add raisins and sprinkle with flour. Add to the batter and stir carefully. Add some liquid and flour with soda and again until the end. The batter is thin.
42. YEAST DOUGH 300 g sugar 300 g margarine 1 kilo flour 100 g yeast 7 eggs 2 pkt vanilla sugar milk FILLING 1 kilo poppy seed 300 g sugar 50 g butter 1 tbsp honey 30 g yeast 3 egg whites 400 g raisins, cut almonds, walnuts, orange rind.
43. YEAST DOUGH Stir yeast, some sugar, warm milk, flour and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Wait till it rises. Put it to the flour. Mix eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar. Add to flour. Warm milk and add too. The dough must be soft. Knead well and leave in a warm place to rise. Melt margarine, cool it and add to dough. Knead and leave again. Put some flour on a board and roll ½ the dough. Cover with poppy seed and roll together. Put in a long tin, wait again till it rises and bake . FOR TEACHERS DIFFICULT Scald poppy seed with boiling water. Drain . Grind the poppy seed 2 times. Cut almonds, nuts, dried fruit. Mix poppy seed with honey, sugar, butter and yeast. Add nuts and sweetmeats. Mix all very well. Beat the egg whites into a froth and add to the poppy mixture . S tir delicately with a spoon. FILLING Use ready filling or make one.
44. 1 glass of wheat grains 2 glasses of poppy seed half glass of sugar 1 almond aroma rind of 1 lemon 4 tablespoons of honey 100 g almonds 100 g walnuts 100 g sweetmeats – apricots, figs, raisins, orange peel, cranberry… 2 tablespoons of cream
45. Put wheat grain into water and steep overnight. Boil the grain until soft and drain water. Scald poppy seed with boiling water. Drain . Grind the poppy seed. Cut almonds, nuts, dried fruit. Mix wheat and poppy seed with honey, sugar and cream. Add nuts and sweetmeats. Mix all very well with a spoon. Smacznego!
46. TURTE CU JOLFĂ Hamp seed is divided into four parts and put in the robot with a mug of water. When the seed is crushed and is like a cream in the robot, drain well through a gauze. The collected juice is boiled on a medium flame. After ten minutes it begins to form a foam. The foam is collected slowly with a spoon and put in a separated bowl. Now if we want we can add 3 tablespoons of sugar. Then we take the pie sheets and put syrup on them. It stretches at a time, in a tray, one piece of pie, a layer of filling and so on until both end. Ingredients: - 500g hamp seed - 3 tablespoons sugar - pie sheets
47. PREPARATION: Mix the honey with the sugar and the spices. When the sugar is melted and the honey boiled. Pour the hot liquid over 1/2 kg flour. Mix well until you obtain a thick paste that looks like an ointment. Leave it in a cool place until the next day. The next day, warm it up a little bit, add the rum, and the eggs, one by one. Add the remaining flour. Spread the composition on the table until you obtain a sheet thick of 2 cm. Cut small circles with a coffee cup. Grease with butter and sprinkle with flour the baking trays and place the circles. Bake well. You can keep for longer time. They are good with coffee, tea, or wine Gingerbread (Romanian name=Turtă Dulce) INGREDIENTS: 500 g bee honey 500 g sugar 200 g walnuts (cut into pieces) 100 ml rum 1 teaspoon bicarbonate 4 eggs 1 kg flour 1 tip teaspoon black pepper 3 teaspoons cinnamon clove, nutmeg 50 g butter
48. PREPARATION: Of flour, water and little salt we make a hard hull which is stretched in sheets of a plate’ s size. They are put on pallets and baked in the oven without crisp. Of sugar, sugared-vanilla one lemon peeling and 1,2 l of water we make a syrup and we let it boil 15 minutes. The sheets are put one by one on a large tray.We put syrup and ground nuts mixed with sugar on them. After the sheets are placed and soaked, cut the the cake into slices and sprinkle the remaining nuts and sugar on them. Turte cu nucă INGREDIENTS: 500 g flour 400 g ground nuts 400 g sugar 30 g lemon peeling 1 sugared-vanilla salt
50. HOW TO MAKE 1. Flatten the boiled potatoes 2. Add sugar 3. Mix 4. Add the almond 5. You have this paste 7. Spread some flour on your hands 6. Add coconut and mix 8. Make small balls 10. Put all the balls on a tray 9. Muffle the balls with coconut 11. Cook them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes and ENJOY!! * You can use pine kernels, chocolate, nuts, hazel nuts or dried fruits instead of the coconut
51. INGREDIENTS: 1. Sugar 2. Eggs 3. Olive oil 4. Water 6. Baking podwer 7. Baker’s yeast 9. Candy fruits 8. Water 5. Flour RING SHAPED-CAKE
52. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Let the dough on a table between two cloths until it grows. Divide the dough into small pieces; one for each role-shaped cake. Make a hole in the middle with your finger and move it until the hole is bigger. Set the ring-shaped cakes on an oven tray; put some candy fruits at the top and bake it until it gets brown. Then, shape the ring until you get another one bigger.
55. 5. WHEN THE MIXTURE IS READY, PUT IT INTO THE FRIDGE. IN THAT WAY, IT’LL GET HARD. 1. MELT THE CHOCOLATE IN THE MICROWAVE. 2. MIX UP THE CHOCOLATE AND THE CONDENSED MILK. 3. SMASH THE CUPCAKES INTO. 4. MIX THE CHOCOLATE, THE CONDENSED MILK AND THE SMASHED CUPCAKES INTO A BOWL. 6. MAKE LITTLE BALLS WITH THE MASS AND COVER THEM WITH CHOCOLATE NOODLES.
75. 250 g semolina 6 eggs 1/2 l milk 250 g water 500 g sugar 500 g ricotta di bufala (or sheep) 50 g butter lemon zest candied fruit and raisins if you like
76. Sift ricotta through a sieve. Incorporate the eggs and a pinch of salt. Mix the two mixtures. Pour the mixture into a greased baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 180 ° for 54-60 minutes. The cake is ready when the surface of the pudding is dark brown. Put the milk and the water in a saucepan and heat it. Add sugar and butter. After a few minutes begin to add the semolina, very little at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Cook for twenty minutes. Turn off and let cool.
77. 500 g flour 4 eggs Seed oil q.b. 50 g butter 100 g sugar 1 lemon 4 tablespoons brandy 4 tablespoons dry white wine salt Ingredients
79. Ingredients: 500 ml of milk 300 g sugar, 125 g of cocoa, 50 g of dark chocolate, 50 g butter 50 g of starch 1 / 2 teaspoon cinnamon
80. Procedure: In a saucepan, mix the starch, cocoa and sugar. Mix. When the mixture has thickened, (about 20 minutes) remove the pudding from heat and immediately add the cinnamon, dark chocolate cut into small pieces and butter. Stir so all the energy to cool and serve the pudding into a bowl along with the chiacchiere. Slowly add milk, stirring to dissolve the whole. Put on the stove over low heat, stirring constantly and start cooking.
81. 1 vodka glass of strong alcohol – about 50 g 800 g flour 150 g butter 4 tbsp cream 2 tbsp sugar 4 eggs 4 egg yolks
82. Knead all ingredients. Hit hard for 5 minutes with the rolling pin. Put to the fridge for 1 hour. Cut a small piece of the dough and roll very thin sheets. Cut long thin rectangles and cut a hole in the middle. Heat oil in a pan. Fry „faworki” on both sides. Put on tissue paper to drain. Put on a big plate layer by layer. Sprinkle each layer with icing sugar. Put one end to the opening and pull gently.
83. Doughnuts - ingredients ½ kg mąki 4 dag drożdży 200 ml ciepłego mleka 2 łyżki stopionego masła 50 g cukru 2 żółtka szczypta soli 1 kieliszek alkoholu (rum) 20 dag konfitury 1 l oleju do smażenia 1 białko cukier puder ½ kg flour 4 dag yeast 200 ml warm milk 2 tbsp melted butter 50 g sugar 2 egg yolks a pinch of salt 50 g al c ohol (rum) 20 dag apricot confiture 1 l oil to fry 1 egg white powdered sugar to sprinkle
84. Stir yeast, some milk, sugar and salt together and pour to the flour. Let it grow . Knead the dough well until it doesn’t stick to your hand. Leave it to grow again until it doubles. Pour flour to a big bowl or pot. Look at the pictures and proceed as you see. DANGER!!! The fat is hot. Ask for help.
85. Cornulete 150 ml oil 100 ml mineral water 750g flour 250 g margarine 5 ml Vinegar Un praf de sare
87. CRESPILLOS DE CARNAVAL INGREDIENTS 4 eggs 50 grs. sugar 1 cup of milk 100 grs. flour 2 envelopes of soda powder Olive oil
88. In a bowl beat the egg yolks slowly mixing them with sugar (in quantities similar to the four yolks together.) While you add alternately beat milk and flour in small dose without exceeding the volume of the above ingredients until the dough acquires consistency and the lumps are gone. At this time add the four hard beaten egg whites and the content of the two envelopes of soda, that will make a fluffy cream. Well mixed, is set to heat the oil in a frying pan. With a spoon take a little bit and immerse themselves in the oil, keeping them until they go away on their own. Fry until they are brown and sprinkle with sugar.
94. 3. Then begin adding flour (you might not use all of it) and knead until a smooth dough results. It will be sticky. Transfer to a large oiled bowl, turning dough once to coat both sides. Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise until doubled (1 to 2 hours). 4. Punch down dough and let rise again, covered, for 1 to 2 hours or until doubled. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Punch down dough and knead for 1 or 2 minutes. Divide in half. Divide each half into 3 pieces and braid on parchment-lined sheet pans. Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise about 30 minutes. Brush with reserved egg yolks and sliced almonds, if using. Bake about 30 minute or until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers 190 degrees. Remove from oven, remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack . Bon Appétit!
99. Preparation: 1.Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C 2.Rub the leg of lamb all over with salt and pepper. 3.Use a small knife to make punctures in the lamb. Press slivers of garlic into each hole . 4. Place the meat in a roasting pan. You can either remove the rosemary from the stalk and sprinkle and rub into the meat on all sides, or you can simply use the string from the lamb to secure against it. Pour the can of tomato sauce over the whole thing. 5. Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, then lower the temperature 160 degrees C and continue roasting until the internal temperature of the meat is at least 70 degrees C about 15 minutes. If you want the meat well done, wait until the internal temperature reaches 75 degrees C. Bon Appétit!
102. Preparation: 1. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and beat well. 2. Sift the dry ingredients and add them to the creamed mixture. 3. Add the milk and the vanilla and chill the dough for an hour. 4. Roll the dough out. 5. Dip a rabbit-shaped cookie cutter into flour and cut the cookies. 6. Place them on a greased baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees C Bon Appétit
105. Preparation: 1.Mix the yeast cube (of match-box size) with a small quantity of flour, 2-3 spoonfuls of milk, a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar. 2.Leave it in a warm place to ferment, then add some more flour and warm milk to produce a liquid mess and leave it to rise again. Then add it to the flour. 3.The room, where you intend to knead the dough, should be well warmed up. Before rising, the cakes measure 1/3 of the dish they will be baked in. Easter cakes are baked in a previously heated oven at a moderate temperature. If you wish to put raisins in the cakes, first scald them with water, dry them and roll them in flour.
106. 4.Sift the flour into a warmed up baking dish and make a “well” in the middle. 5.Add the eggs (beaten with the sugar and then mixed with the rest of the milk and the grated lemon peel), the salt, the yeast mixture (prepared beforehand as described above) or instant yeast. 6. Add the melted butter in small portions and stir with a spoon. Then spread melted butter on your hands and start kneading. (Do not knead hard. Easter cake dough is pulled and gathered into a ball.) When the dough gets smooth, cover it with a cloth and let it rise. (It gets twice its initial size.) Then knead it once again with buttered hands
107. 7.Add the raisins. Put the dough in a buttered pan. (It can be plaited.) The dough should measure half the height of the pan, because it rises while baked. 8. Spread one beaten egg on the cake. Bake in a moderately quick oven. 9.Take the cake out of the pan only when it is cooled. If you like, you can sprinkle it with soft sugar and vanilla powder. Bon Appétit!
112. PASTIERA Every Easter, Neapolitans resurrect their love for sweets with Pastiera, a pie specially made for the occasion filled with ricotta cheese and studded with candied fruits. It is very rich and is a welcome compensation for all the privations of Lent. Traditionally is prepared on Maundy Thursday, as by resting it becomes better, if you resist... for the filling Cooked kernels grain 300 grams Ricotta 300 grams Sugar 250 grams Candied cedar 20 grams Candied orange 20 grams 3Eggs+2yolks Milk 150 Cc Water 50 cc Butter 1 spoon Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Orange Tree Flowers Extract 1 teaspoon Ingredients for pastry Flour 250 grams Sugar 100 grams Butter 100 grams 2 eggs Vanilla
113. Boil the cooked grain kernels in the milk with water and the butter stirring at intervals until the grain is melted. Close the heat and let it cool . Add ricotta, sugar and 3 eggs and 2 yplks, stirring well. Add the candied fruits, at the end vanilla and the extracts: stir well. Prepare a soft dough kneading the flour and adding the butter and the sugar , eggs and vanilla. Put it in the fridge for 1 hour. Coat a baking pan with oven paper and spread 2/3 of the dough. Keep the sides well high stuff with the filling and fold the sides. With the remaining dough make small rolls for making the classic grill for garnishing. Put into the oven (better if ventilated) at F 360 (C 180) for 60 minutes. As not all the home ovens are the same you can recognize when the pastiera is cooked as soon as the dough browns and the stuffing becomes thick . Let it cool completely before taking out form the baking pan, sprinkle with icing sugar and...if you can do it, wait at least one night before eating!
114. SCARCELLE The sweet pastry is always served with a hard-boiled egg, held in place by two strips of dough formed into a cross. The shape varies according to the cook or region: it may be a bell to announce Christ's resurrection, a basket to symbolize abundance, a dove, a hen for boys, a doll for girls. 400g flour 00 200gr sugar 2 eggs 1 coffee cup extra virgin olive oil 1 coffee cup milk 1 packet of yeast vanilla and grated lemon peel Ingredients Icing for decorating: icing sugar Water small multicolored sweets Chocolate eggs (optional)
115. Mix very quickly all the ingredients and stretch the dough about half a centimeter. Cut various shapes and put an egg on the centre helding in place by two stipes of dough . Bake in preheated oven at 180 ° C for 15-20 minutes Once ready they are covered with icing and, before they are dryed, you can decorate with a little of hundreds small multicolored sweets , not immediately otherwise the color of the sweets dissolves. Using icing as glue you can stick chocolate eggs instead of real eggs.
116. 600 g flour 400 g margarine 200 g icing sugar 3 hard-boiled egg yolks 2 yolks 1 egg 1 lemon rind 1 packet vanilla sugar FROSTING 250 g icing sugar 3 egg whites 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp starch stir all until fluffy or buy a ready one or FUDGE 1/2 l milk 400 g sugar 1 vanilla pod 50 g butter boil slowly until thick and stir SWEETMEAT FOR DECORATION
117. Put flour , margarine , icing sugar , vanilla sugar , yolks and egg in a bowl. Boil 3 eggs. Rub the yolks through a sieve. Cool in a fridge for one hour. Roll out the dough to form flat shapes 1-2 cm thick. Roll some dough to make a border adound the shape. Spread some frosting, fudge or chocolate on the cake. Decorate with dried fruit, nuts, almonds. You can use sweet decorations from the shop , too . Grate the lemon rind. Knead well all ingredients. Heat the oven to 200 °C. Bake for 10-1 5 minutes.
118. Beat 1½ litre of egg yolks in a churn for an hour. Pour 4 cups of dry flour, 2 cups of sugar, 2 cups of yeast and beat another hour. O LD TRADITIONAL RECIPE Pour to” a form and put on a warm stove unti it is as high as ‘2 fingers’ from the edge. It is very light and delicate. This kind of cake needs a warm place. Make it in a hot room or best in a bakery. Then put into a very hot oven for three quarters of an hour . After that put out the upper fire in the oven and cover your BABKA with thin paper. Take out of the oven very carefully and put together with a form on a pillow. Remember not to shake the form with the dough and after you take the cake out! Take out of the form when it is cold . To check the temperature of the oven put some flour and check – if it burns it is too hot, if it bakes brown the temperature is good.
120. INGREDIENTS 8 cups flour 8 eggs 1 cup sugar 1 cup butter 2 tbs. oil 2 cups milk 50 gr. yeast (2 pkgs) 1 tbs. salt 1 tbs. rum vanilla extract 1 lemon scraped skin First put the flour in a large bowl in a warm place. Dissolve the yeast in ½ cup warm milk and a teaspoon of sugar. Separately dissolve 3 tbs. flour in milk, mixing well until the mixture is homogeneous. Mix well with the yeast and beat until it makes big bubbles. Spread some flour on top, cover with a towel and place in a warm place to rise. Meanwhile separate 7 yolks from egg whites. Keep 4 egg whites in a bowl. Put the other 3 in another bowl if you intend to cook walnuts sweet bread (see below). Mix the yolks with salt and a half of sugar till they become a frothy cream. Then mix the butter with the rest of sugar until they become a frothy cream. Beat 4 egg whites until makes a foam.When the yeast has risen enough, put on the top of the flour. Add the yolks and a little bit of warm milk and mix. Add the foam from egg whites, a little bit of warm milk and mix a little bit. Then start to knead. Knead for at least half an hour, bringing the dough from the sides to the middle. Add the oil, rum, vanilla, lemon scraped skin and little by little, the melted warm butter. Add flour till the dough doesn't stick to your fingers. If the dough is too hard, add a little more milk.In the end the dough must have an elastic consistency and air bubbles. Cover the bowl with a towel and place in a warm place. Let it to rise for about 2-3 hours to triple in bulk. If the dough is ready to overflow the bowl punch down and let it rise a little more.When the dough has risen enough, grease your hands with oil, take dough pieces, place on the floured work surface, give it the desired shape (round, oval, braided etc. depending on your pan shape).We use the braided shape, especially for Easter. The pan shape symbolizes the coffin and the braided sweet bread is Jesus Christ's body before He rose to heaven.Then place in the baking pan previously greased with oil or butter. The dough must only fill the pan halfway. Allow it to rise some more (about 20-30 minutes), still in a warm place. Beat an egg and brush each sweet bread with. Sprinkle sugar, walnuts or raisins on top. Place in the warm oven and bake at medium heat for about 30-40 minutes. The top should look brown. When the sweet bread is ready, remove from the pan, place on a towel, cover with a blanket and let it cool off slowly in a warm place. Serve it only after it's cold, generally next day.
121. INGREDIENTS DOUGH: 2 cups flour 3 eggs 6 tbs. sugar 1 tbs. butter 1 tbs. oil 1 cup milk 25g yeast 1 ts. salt 1 tbs. rum vanilla extract 50 g butter to lubricate the griddle FILLING: 500 g sweet cottage cheese 1 glass sugar 2 spoons flour salt 2 spoons raisins 4 eggs 2 spoons butter 1 glass milk cinamon sugared-vanilla lemon peeling PREPARATION Spread the dough in the griddle, round and as thick as a finger. Cut the extra edges and plait them together. You can make a cross on top from those or place them as a lace on the round edge (around the pie itself as a circle). Place the filling made out of cheese and the rest of the ingredients. Lubricate with one beaten egg. Bake it for 40 minutes or less, until the cheese gets a light beige crust. Pască cu brânză
122. The dough(preparation): Mix the yeast with a bit of warm milk, 1 spoon sugar. Scald 2 spoons of flour with a bit of hot milk and mix. When cold, add yeast and mix well until bubbles. Let it grow. Mix the yolks with salt, sugars until obtain a foamy cream. Add the yolks, whipped egg whites and the flour over the yeast. Mix it well while adding the remaining milk and melted butter. For the filling just mix all the ingredients together. Spread the dough in 2 cm thick layers. Cut big 10-12 cm squares. Fill each square with a bit of filling and fold it. Lubricate with whipped egg. Place in the oven until golden. Sprinkle iced-sugar. Brânzoaice INGREDIENTS DOUGH: 250 g flour 2 eggs 10 g yeast 100 g iced-sugar 75 g sugar 125 ml milk salt 70 g butter 1 spoon rum FILLING: 150 g sweet cottage cheese 2 eggs 150 g salty cottage cheese 50 g sugar sugared-vanilla orange lemon peeling
124. PROCESS 1. Cut the chocolate into small pieces. 2. Add the butter. 3.Heat in the microwave until it melts and mix. 5. Place the nests on the baking paper. 4.Add the mashed cereals and mix. 6. Put small eggs on top and put it in the fridge until it is cold.
125. ROSQUILLAS 3 eggs 5 spoonfulls of oil. 250 gr of flour. 5 grams of yeast 1 glass of sugar 1 cup of annised liquor INGREDIENTS
126. Break the eggs Add the sugar Add the oil Add the annised liquor Add the flour Add the yeast Stir Put the mass In big cake pan Put the mass on the table Knide the mass Make the form Fry Wash your hands
128. 1.Put the apron on 2.Wash your hands 3.Cut the bread 4.Beat the eggs 5.Cover the bread with the milk 6.Cover the bread with the egg 7.Put the oil in the saucepan 8.Heat the oil 9.Fry the bread 10.Add the sugar
Notes de l'éditeur
4. Brush with egg white, sprinkle with granulated sugar and chopped walnuts. Bake at a low temperature
3. Shape dough into balls, brush with yolk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at a medium heat.