2. They think effectually
Believe in yet to be made future that can be substantially be
shaped by human actions
They need not expend energies trying to predict it
Its much more useful to understand & work with people who
are engaged in decisions & actions that bring it into existence
WHAT MAKES ENTREPRENEURS
3. Adapting to the situations and surroundings
Analyzing things from different point of views
Trusted Team Player
Taking initiatives and leading people
WHO AM I – PERSONAL TRAITS?
4. Software engineer
MBA in Finance
Gamification - University of Pennsylvania
Sustainability – University of Illinois
WHAT I KNOW?
5. I know a lot of Software Engineers and Project Leaders
I will come in direct contact with mentors from silicon valley
Can pitched my idea to investors
WHOM DO I KNOW?
6. Articulate a process for taking a technology idea and finding a high-
potential commercial opportunity
Create and verify a plan for gathering resources such as talent and
Create and verify a business model for how to sell and market an
Generalize this process to an entrepreneurial mind-set of turning
problems into opportunities that can be used in larger companies and
7. For a global publisher of electronic books for devices such as
the Kindle, Nook, and iPad.
How to present a proposal for a gamified system to take her
business to the next level.
To propose a way to gamify the distribution or consumption of
e-books, or both.
B-PLAN FOR GLOBAL PUBLISHER OF
8. Company site where people have to register themselves
Make him complete his profile by providing feedbacks
Blogs on different categories
Form groups based on area, locality, school, college,
Can see, chat and recommend books in groups
Refer the books, blogs, comments and the website to their
friends who are not on the company website as of now
9. Log in directly from their social networking accounts like
Facebook etc and share their activities on them
Points awarded for above mentioned activities including the
improvement of profile
Special badges will be awarded
Different levels in the website like Beginner’s, Intermediate
and Avid Reader’s level which will keep on getting unlocked
Each level will have its own points, Badges and Leader
10. Both Engagement and Progression Loops in our system which
will keep people highly motivated and engaged
Discounts and offers present at different levels
Higher the level higher becomes the status of a player
Statics - number of e-books purchased by a person,
community, locality, school, college, work place etc. - number
of trees being saved
Reduce their carbon footprint
11. Company can sell these carbon credits & funds can be used
for organising meetings for the members and providing a
platform to discuss their thoughts
People can meet and have fun with those for whom they have
blogged, given recommendations etc.
Collaborate with a lot of communities and NGO’s who are
trying to save the environment by planting more trees and
reducing their cutting down
Links to their websites on our website and also take their help
in spreading the use of e-books through our website.
12. • Try to create a database of prospective customers which can be used to
convert those into buyers of your e-books by the means of promotional
offers, mails, tele calling etc.
• Increase the sales from existing customers by giving them review of
books belonging to the same category they had purchased earlier.
Providing information about what other people in their group, locality,
School, College, Work Place etc are reading.
• Influence Marketing can be used by making your users recommend
others about the books read by them or forwarding them the reviews
written at your web site. They can also directly refer the website for
increasing the information flow among their friends.
13. • People should register on my website to know about the Book Reviews
and recommendations by people in their Locality/ School/ College/ Work
Place etc. More the number of users more are the chance of selling e-
books to them.
• More number of books being ordered per person can tell us the
effectiveness of our approach. It can also be analysed on periodic bases
to know when the right time to come out with some offers is and when to
increase the advertising spends of the company.
• To measure the activity on your blogging space, review space present
on the website and comparing it with the number of new referrals and
then comparing the new referrals with the number of converts out of
those referrals. This can also give us a fair idea of how effective is the
system and if some changes are required in it.
DELINEATE TARGET BEHAVIOURS
14. • Age group 14-70
• Income level above average
• Tech savvy
• Avid Readers
15. • Engagement Loop
• Motivation - PBL
• Action – Blogs, Referrals, Reviews, Likes/Dislikes, sharing an activity on social
networking sites, sending direct e-mails from site having recommendations etc to
• Feedback – Profile improvements, Landmarks like accumulating a set of points,
unlocking badges of some genera etc, Schemes or discounts that are available to
• Progression Loops
• Discounts on Different Stages
16. • Saving the environment – reducing your carbon footprint
• Participating and meeting others like you
• Becoming a free member of communities trying to save
DON’T FORGET THE FUN!