SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
My Sisters Keeper
Analysis Of Film Opening
By Jodie Butcher
• Title: My Sisters Keeper
• Director: Nick Cassavetes
• Writer: Jeremy Leven (screenplay) and
Nick Cassavetes (screenplay)
• Novel: Jodi Picoult
• Genre: Drama
• Year Of Release: 26th June 2009
• Awards: 2 Nominations, 1 Win
• Plot Summary: Anna Fitzgerald looks to earn medical emancipation
from her parents who until now have relied on their youngest child to
help their leukaemia-stricken daughter Kate remain alive.
• A number of features in the opening sequence give the
audience an idea that the genre is drama.
• During the opening sequence there is a lot of
family/childhood pictures which could mean something is Warm orange
going to upset the family colours are used
• The images created and shown are very dreamy and
happy which could suggest that they are thoughts and
happy memories of the past.
• The lighting is light with lots of warm colours to show the
love in the family.
• There is a very quiet and calming music in the
background to make it seem like everything is happy but
the voice over reflects the drama as she narrates what
bad things are happening to her family
• The location of the images shown are all of the family
home which suggests that the drama relates to someone
in the family and what happens to them
Opening scene aspects
• It starts with Anna sitting by a lake in the sun looking like she is deep in thought and
sad which reflects on the sad and emotional story line of the film.
• Then it cuts to images of the sky and a kite where Anna reflects on her relationship
with her Mum which suggests that there will be a dispute between the two.
• The title ‘My sisters keeper’ then appears after the main stars names the background
dissolves between a warm orange coloured pattern and the face of a baby Anna.
• ‘Sure you hear all these stories about how everyone planned these perfect familes
but the truth is most babies are the product of drunken evenings and lack f birth
control’. This suggests she knows more on the matter of how and why babies are
conceived suggesting drama about her families babies.
• Images of her family are then shown as if the viewer is flicking through a family album
which makes you feel as if you are getting to know and judge the family.
• ‘Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if Kate had been healthy’ this
makes the audience want to know more about the family and who katie is and what
happened to her
Aspects to highlight
This is the first image we see of the film. It sets the feeling of the film
which is sadness and emotion to give the audience a feeling that
something bad has happened. The location appears cold but comforting
and a place Anna escapes to when she is upset. This makes the audience
want to know what has happened and has already engaged them in her
story. The next shots are blurry and blue which could possibly be the
emotions and thoughts going through her head.