SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Twitter HandleBCM: started in 2005 by 3 industry veterans from the original Modem Media and Digitas. Founder of Modem Media SEM practice (Stuart Meyler). Head creative for Modem Media (Tom Beeby). Focused on innovation in media – from measurement to new concepts in creating media experience. Award winning, etc. Focused on digital mid to large size clients
Kinder care and marriott,
SMX West 2013 Presentation - Retargeting Best Practices
Capture DemandMarriott Site Audience Retargeting Using CriteoReady, Aim, Fire … Retarget SMX West, San Jose, March 11, Product Feed Updated Monthly 1
Who is Beeby Clark+Meyler?• Award winning interactive agency focused on innovation in media.• Client portfolio includes travel, retail, entertainme nt, fashion, etc. @josephlijo @GoBCM
5 Key Considerations for Remarketing /Retargeting 1. Build your Audience, then Remarket 2. Define Remarketing Strategy 1. Deliver Relevant Message to Audience 2. Prevent Audience Media Fatigue 3. Measure Incremental Benefit 3
1. Build you Audience then Remarket Brand Website Users Browsing the Web Build up at least 100K monthly unique visitors to your brand website beforeSmall Audience = Limited Opportunity launching your remarketing campaign Larger Audience Size: Higher chances of intercepting the audience on the web after they leave your site More granular segments with targeted messagingLarger Audience = Bigger Opportunity Paid & Organic Search are two key tactics to build your audience pool before remarketing
2. Define Remarketing Strategy Identify & Evaluate Consumer Behaviors on your site and begin building a pool of anonymous cookies to identify sizeable customer segments to remarket.1 3 2
2. Define Remarketing Strategy Before you start, think about what you want the customer to do Think beyond just sales. Get customers or prospects to: - Sign up for email - Provide product reviews - Shop for accessories after purchase Align incentives/offers according to customer value/benefit.
3. Deliver Relevant Message to Audience SIMPLE SEGMENTED CREATIVE DYNAMIC CREATIVE BANNER FOR SEGMENT 1 BANNER FOR SEGMENT 2Simple rules-based delivery of pre- Assembled in real time based on userexisting assets. profile.Suitable for simple product portfolios Typically pulls site data/imagery/pricingor where technology issues mayprevent use of more dynamic solutions Dynamic creative Solutions from Adacado or Mediamind make thisStill more effective than standard possiblecreative
3. Deliver Relevant Message to Audience | Case Study Kinder Care retargeting campaign utilized dynamic, data-driven creative to deliver a 28% lift in conversions. Messaging was assembled on-the-fly based on user data profile. Site Visitor Data Featured In Ad Landing Page No DataPrevious Site Visitor User Flow Location Data Program Data Program and Location
4. Prevent Audience Media Fatigue | Manage Frequency“ I hate those shoes that keep following me around everywhere I go, even on Facebook” –Anonymous Sample Frequency Distribution for Remarketing Campaign In remarketing campaigns, small numbers of users can account for a large number of impressions Capping or managing your frequency level can improve reach/ROI and is less annoying to consumers Experiment with different frequency segments to determine the optimum rate for your brand/product
5. Measure Incremental Benefit | Control vs. ExposedStudyUser Visits EXPOSED: Always Shown a Client Ad CONTROL VS. EXPOSEDMusic & Arts.com 13.2% INCREMENTAL Control Exposed CONTROL: Always Shown a PSA Ad A control-exposed structure was used to measure the difference in conversion between each group. Only the “exposed” group was shown client’s display ad. Only the incremental lift was used to calculate program return on advertising spend
5. Measure Incremental Benefit | Impact on PaidSearch Impressions Clicks Conversions 10X 10X 8X 9X 9X 7X 8X 8X 6X 7X 7X 5X 6X 6X 4X 5X 5X 4X 4X 3X 3X 2X 2X 2X 2X 1X 1X 1X 2011 2012 2011 2012 2011 2012Overall search activity on branded search terms increased dramatically YOY• 51% increase in branded searches• 19.3% increase in clicks• 51% increase in conversions *This data represents brand campaign data for July 1 – September 30 for 2011 and 2012 11
5 Key Considerations for Remarketing /Retargeting 1. Build your Audience, then Remarket 2. Define Remarketing Strategy 1. Deliver Relevant Message to Audience 2. Prevent Audience Media Fatigue 3. Measure Incremental Benefit 12
Questions? Lijo Joseph email@example.com @josephlijo @GoBCM