Introduction to the disciplines of applied social science
1. INTRODUCTION TO THE
DISCIPLINES OF APPLIED SOCIAL
Joyce L. Andrada Grade 12 Humss 5 October 17, 2018
Victorias National High School
Yap Quina St. Victorias City , Negros Occidental
2. Social Science
are disciplines concerned with the systematic
study o social phenomena.
it is a branch of science that deals with the
institutions , the functioning of human
society , and the interpersonal relationship if
individuals as members of the society.
3. DISCIPLINE OF SOCIAL SCIENCE
1. Anthropology – the study of human
societies and cultures and their
2. Economics – the branch of knowledge
concerned with the production ,
consumption , and transfer of wealth.
3. Sociology – the study of the development;
structure , and functioning of human society.
4. 4. History – the study of past events,
particularly in human affairs.
5. Criminology – the scientific study of crime as
a social phenomenom, of criminals, and of
5. APPLIED SOCIAL SCIENCE
is an integrated cutting across and
transcending various social science disciplines
in addressing a wide range of issue in a
contemporary, innovative and dynamic way.
It aims at pressenting a well – developed
understanding of social systems, social
theory and social policy.
6. DISCIPLINES OF APPLIED SOCIAL
1. Counseling – the provision of assistance and
guidance in resolving personal , social , or
psychological problems and difficulties ,
especially by a proffesional.
2. SocialWork – work carried out by trained
personnel with the aim of alleviating the
conditions of those in need of help or