THE STORY STARS
• The first mobile call was placed in 1973
• Mobile phones evolved in 1994, which combined telephone &
operating systems together
• The term “SmartPhone” however didn’t appeared until 1997.
• 7 in 10 people in UK now own a Smart Phone.
• There are 6.8 billion people on earth, only 3.5 billion owns a
truth brush, 4 billion of them use mobile phone.
1. A smartphone, or smart phone, is a mobile phone with more
advanced computing capability and connectivity than
basic feature phones.
2. Early smartphones typically combined the features of a mobile
phone with those of another popular consumer device, such
as a personal digital assistant(PDA), a media player, a digital
camera, or a GPS navigation unit. Modern smartphones
include all of those features plus the features of
a touchscreencomputer, including web browsing, Wi-Fi, and
3rd-party apps and accessories.
3. Currently, about 90% of handset sales worldwide are for
devices powered by Google's Android and Apple's iOS mobile
• Android is an open-source platform founded in October 2003 by
Andy Rubin and backed by Google, along with major hardware and
software developers (such
as Intel, HTC, ARM, Motorola and Samsung) that form the Open
• In October 2008,HTC released the HTC Dream, the first phone to use
Android. The software suite included on the phone consists of
integration with Google's proprietary applications, such
as Maps, Calendar, and Gmail, and a full HTML web browser. Android
supports the execution of native applications and third-party apps
which are available via Google Play, which launched in October 2008
• In 2007, Apple Inc. introduced the iPhone, one of the first mobile
phones to use a multi-touch interface. The iPhone was notable for its
use of a large touchscreen for direct finger input as its main means
of interaction, instead of a stylus, keyboard, or keypad as typical for
smartphones at the time.
• July 2008, Apple introduced its second generation iPhone with a
much lower list price and 3G support. Simultaneously, they
introduced the App Store, which allowed any iPhone to install third-
party native applications.
• 2008 Featuring over 500 applications at launch, the App Store
eventually achieved 1 billion downloads in the first year,
an application, typically a small, specialized program downloade
d on to mobile devices: the best GPS apps for your iPhone.
• A mobile app, short for mobile application, or just app,
is application software designed to run on smartphones, tablet
computers and other mobile devices.
APP - DEFINITION
• An App is short for "application". Application in this case refers to a
software application - in other words, a software program
• But an app is not just any old software program - it's special type of
software program. An app typically refers to software used on a
smartphone or mobile device such as Android, iPhone, Blackberry or
iPad, as in 'mobile app' or 'iphone app'.
• Most organization have an App to support their website offering
more features, such as; news, offers, vouchers and locations services
that are easy to use.
• The term "app" is a shortening of the term "application
• 2010 - Become very popular & was listed as "Word of the Year"
by the American Dialect Society.
• In 2009, technology columnist David Pogue said that newer
smartphones could be nicknamed "app phones" to distinguish
them from earlier less-sophisticated smartphones
• Apps are usually available through
application distribution platforms, which
began appearing in 2008 and are typically
operated by the owner of the mobile
operating system, such as the Apple App
Store, Google Play,Windows Phone Store,
and BlackBerry App World.
• Some apps are free, while others must be
bought. Usually, they are downloaded
from the platform to a target device, such
as an iPhone, BlackBerry, Android phone
orWindows Phone, but sometimes they can
be downloaded to laptops or desktop
APPS - BENEFITS
• Apps are simple and easy to use & download
• You can download an app whilst on the go
• There are Apps available in every market from Town Councils to
Premier League Football clubs
• Keeping in touch with social media, FB, Twitter, Instagram ...
• Keep up to date with a brand/company with offers, news, new
• Search for local information and events by utalising the phone GPS
APP - HISTORY
• Mobile apps were originally offered for general productivity and
information retrieval, including email, calendar, contacts, and stock
market and weather information. However, public demand and the
availability of developer tools drove rapid expansion into other
categories, such as mobile games, factory
automation, GPS and location-based services, banking, order-
tracking, ticket purchases and recently mobile medical apps. The
explosion in number and variety of apps made discovery a challenge,
which in turn led to the creation of a wide range of review,
recommendation, and curation sources, including blogs, magazines,
and dedicated online app-discovery services.
APP - USAGE
• May 2012 – comScoreStudy :
App – 51.1% Web – 49.8%
• Usage of mobile apps strongly correlates with user context and
depends on user's location and time of the day.
• 2013 – Gartner :
• 102 billion apps will be downloaded, 91% of them FREE, but they will
still generate US$26 billion, up 44.4% on 2012's US$18 billion.
• An analyst report estimates that the app economy creates revenues
of more than €10 billion per year within the European Union, while
over 529,000 jobs have been created in 28 EU states due to the
growth of the app market.
APPLE APP STORE
• Apple's App Store for iOS was the first app distribution service, which
set the standard for app distribution services and continues to do so,
opened on July 10, 2008, and as of January 2011, reported over
10 billion downloads.
• June 6, 2011, there are 425,000 third-party apps available, which are
downloaded by 200 million iOS users.
• Apple's 2012 Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple CEO Tim
Cook announced that the App Store has 650,000 available apps to
download as well as "an astounding 30 billion apps" downloaded
from the app store until that date. From an alternative perspective,
figures seen in July 2013 by the BBC from tracking service Adeven
indicate over two-thirds of apps in the store are "zombies", barely
• Google Play (formerly known as the Android Market) is an
international online software store developed by Google
for Android devices.
• October 2008 - Opening.
• April 2013, there were approximately 850,000 apps available
for Android, and the estimated number of applications
downloaded from Google Play was 40 billion. Android Apps can
also run on BlackBerry 10 devices.
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.