SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
• Bertolt Brecht was a
director, and Marxist.
• A theatre practitioner of
the 20th century, Brecht
made contributions to
‘’Spring is noticed, if at all
By people sitting in railway trains.’’
• Brecht was born in Augsburg, Bavaria.
• His mother was Protestant and his father
• Thanks to his mother's influence, Brecht
knew the Bible familiarity that would have
a lifelong effect on his writing.
• At school in Augsburg he met Caspar
Neher, with whom he formed a lifelong
Neher designing many of the sets for
Brecht's dramas and helping to forge the
distinctive visual iconography of their epic
The modest house where he was born is today
preserved as a Brecht Museum
Brecht died on 14 August
1956 of a heart attack at
the age of 58. He is
buried in a cemetery on
the Mitte neighbourhood
of Berlin, overlooked by
the residence he shared
with Helene Weigel.
• Brecht wrote hundreds of poems
throughout his life. He began writing
poetry as a young boy, and his first
poems were published in 1914. His
poetry was influenced by folk-ballads,
French chansons, and the poetry
of Rimbaud and Villon.
Some of Brecht's poems
• A Bad Time for Poetry
• Contemplating Hell
• I Never Loved You More
• I want to Go with the One I Love
• The Mask of Evil
• To Those Born After
• What Has Happened?
• Drums in the Night (Trommeln in der
• Driving Out a Devil (Er treibt einen Teufel
• In the Jungle of Cities(Im Dickicht der
• Mother Courage and Her Children (Mutter
Courage und ihre Kinder) 1938
• Don Juan (Don Juan) 1952
Some of Brecht's plays
• People remain what they are even if
their faces fall apart.
• Mixing one's wines may be a mistake,
but old and new wisdom mix admirably.
• Because things are the way they are,
things will not stay the way they are.
General, man is very useful.
He can fly and he can kill.
But he has one defect:
He can think.
• Famous Poets and Poems . com
• Google Images