1. KEVIN SPEIGHT, MBA
716 Redwood Drive • Canal Fulton, OH 44614 • 330-472-3931
email@example.com • www.linkedin.com/in/kevinspeight
Chief Financial Officer * Controller
Bank Relations / Profit Improvement / Reorganization / Financial Reporting / Operations / FP&A
Equity Owner & Board Relations / Change Agent / Contract Negotiation / Staff Development
Team Building/ Business Services / Multiple Facility/ Budgeting / Forecasting / Leadership /Systems
A dynamic, passionate leader/resource for business success. Delivers results. Expert in revitalizing
organizational performance, efficiency and productivity. Proven record of drastic improvement in profit
& operations performance. Successfully implemented GAAP and SOX compliant systems and solutions
reducing operating costs; increasing revenue and enterprise value. “Hands-on” Leader. Bachelors Degree
in Accounting and MBA with CFO / COO experience. Leads overall Finance, Operations,
Administration, HR and IT functions, for construction, service, retail and distribution firms.
CFO / Controller – RG Smith Company (Canton, Ohio) - 2011. Over 90-year old general trades
contractor and engineering company serving industrial clients. Responsible for timely, accurate financial
reporting, introducing efficiencies and clarifying financial results.
• Reduced month end close process to 15 days from over 60 by introducing efficiencies,
maximizing system utilization and scheduling deadlines.
• Minimized indirect overhead through financial controls. Segregated indirect costs and reformatted
• Improved job costing reports by utilizing equipment module to track usage allocating true costs to
CFO / Controller – Portage Roofing (Ravenna, Ohio) - 2008 – 2011. Regional roofing and sheet
metal operation serving the commercial roof installation and repair and maintenance markets.
Responsible as CFO for all Financial, Accounting and Business Administration functions and guiding
ownership through harsh economic times through sound and disciplined financial leadership and
• Increased margins 5% by implementing job costing system to measure, track and report
• Improved receivables collections by three weeks by developing a daily invoicing system reducing
turnaround time to two days from 15 days.
• Converted to new payroll system that improved reporting and eliminated errors.
CFO / Secretary-Treasurer - Power City International Trucks (Walton Hills, Ohio) -
2007 – 2008. A $30M subsidiary of Navistar distributing trucks and buses and providing maintenance,
repair and parts to government agencies, schools and commercial accounts. Accountabilities included
internal control policies and compliance, financial systems integrity and implementation and execution of
accounting standards and processes in preparation for divestiture.
• Reduced monthly financial close 75% by developing a month-end close process reducing the
preparation time of monthly financial statements.
Page 1 of 2
2. KEVIN SPEIGHT • Page 2 of 2
CAREER EXPERIENCE CONTINUED
• Drove cost reductions 22% by eliminating aged inventory. Restored leadership of company in
• Saved over $328,000 by introducing a comprehensive safety plan, conducting a Workers
Compensation claim audit, and implementing regular safety inspections.
CFO / Controller - Crestmont Auto Group (Beachwood, Ohio) - 2004 – 2007. Crestmont is a
privately-held automotive dealership group growing from a single location to four stores in three years
generating over $150M.
• Reduced financial closing process by 50% through use of Kaizen techniques.
• Improved record accuracy 37% by leading team charged with creating operational and process
improvements. Team results included eliminating annual inventory losses exceeding $50,000.
• Implemented cash management system to reduce risk and drive cash flow enhancement strategies.
President – New Perspectives (Canal Fulton, Ohio) - 2000-2004. Founded and managed flourishing
management and leadership training and development business.
• Directed management team process to develop strategic plans, vision, and mission statements.
• Led improvement initiatives for clients in manufacturing, non-profit, retail, distribution, and
• Facilitated numerous training programs to develop employee skills, improving productivity 35%.
Controller – Rolling Acres Dodge (Akron, Ohio) - 1990-2000. Full P&L and balance sheet
responsibility for $35M automotive dealership. Directed all business administration and finance
functions, responsible for all financial results, forecasting, operating income, and executive management.
• Led dramatic growth in revenues and profits of 20% by developing strategic business plan,
creating metrics, operating procedures and improved modeling.
• Drove implementation of Five Star quality initiative to integrate strategy, systems, and processes.
• Slashed employment-related costs 15% by improving performance of core functions through talent
acquisition and retention.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Master of Business Administration
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY – Bowling Green, Ohio
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
UNIVERSITY OF AKRON – Akron, Ohio
Memberships: Institute of Management Accountants – Akron Chapter (Director, Corporate and
Academic Development 2010-2011,Vice-President of Education 2001-2005). Construction Financial
3. Awards: Ford Motor Company Accounting Excellence Award (2004-06); BSA District Award of Merit