1. GEOGRAPHY A2 13.2 People and the Environment: Hazards; Conflicts over the use of a resource. Interactions between people and their environments at different scales, focusing on relevant human and physical systems and processes, their outcomes, changes through time and consequent issues, responses and strategies. Burglary - Disease - Storms - Volcanoes - Earthquakes - Multiple Hazard - Conflict over the use of a resource.
4. Hazards – Tropical Storms What are the most frequently used local names for tropical storms? "Hurricane" and "Typhoon"
15. Hazards – Tropical Storms In the Northern Atlantic Ocean, a distinct hurricane season occurs from June 1 to November 30, sharply peaking from late August through September. The statistical peak of the Atlantic hurricane season is September 10.
16. Hazards – Tropical Storms The Northeast Pacific Ocean has a broader period of activity, but in a similar time frame to the Atlantic. The Northwest Pacific sees tropical cyclones year-round, with a minimum in February and a peak in early September. In the North Indian basin, storms are most common from April to December, with peaks in May and November.
17. Hazards – Tropical Storms In the Southern Hemisphere, tropical cyclone activity begins in late October and ends in May. Southern Hemisphere activity peaks in mid-February to early March