2. Lack of etiquette and manners is a huge turn off.
Respect Knolx session
timings, you are requested not
to join sessions after a 5
minutes threshold post the
session start time.
Make sure to submit a
constructive feedback for all
sessions as it is very helpful
for the presenter.
Keep your mobile devices in
silent mode, feel free to move
out of session in case you need
to attend an urgent call.
Avoid unwanted chit chat
during the session.
5. What are Cookies?
● Cookies are small data that are stored on a client side and sent to
the client along with server requests.
● Cookies have various functionality, they can be used for
maintaining sessions and adding user-speciﬁc features in your
6. Pros and Cons of Cookies
● Cookies are simple to use and
● Occupies less memory
● We can conﬁgure cookies
● Cookies persist much longer time
than session state
● They do not require any server
resources since they are stored on
● They are domain-speciﬁc
● They can be disabled by the user:
● They are simple to use
● They are not secured
● Difﬁcult to decrypt:
● There are limitations in size
● Can be disabled
● Cookies will not work if the
security level is set to high in the
● Users can delete cookies:
so your code has to anticipate that
● They can easily be hacked:
● There is a limited number of cookie
size that can be used
7. Alternatives to Cookies
● node-localstorage is a drop-in substitute for the browser native
localStorage API that runs on node.js.
● This is widely used as an alternative to localStorage for node js.
You can have access to all the methods of localStorage like
length, setItem, getItem, clear, etc.
● The sessionStorage API is amazing and super useful when
you need to store data temporarily in the browser. We used to
store needs to be synced with the server.
● The sessionStorage API ﬁlled that gap, but unfortunately we
cannot expect this API to be available and enabled in every
8. ● Session help to store data across application and pages into
the server-side. The web application worked upon HTTP
● The HTTP is stateless So the application doesn’t know about
the previous request or activity, The Session help to solve this
What is a Session?
9. Different ways to store Session
You can store sessions following ways into the ExpressJS application.
These are common ways to store session data in any programming
● Cookie : You can store session into cookie, but it will store data into
● Memory Cache : You can also store session data into cache.As we
know, Cache is stored in memory.You can use any of the cache
module like Redis and Memcached.
● Database :The database is also option to store session data server side.
10. What is Authentication?
● Authentication is meant for the identiﬁcation of users and
provision of access rights and contents depending on their id.
● It is an essential part of web development that we can't afford to
undermine its security.
12. How is Authentication implemented…
Stores Session Id
Stores info that user is
200 Request Restricted
13. What is Authorisation and Why we need it?
● Authorization is permitting an authenticated user the permission
to perform a given action on speciﬁc resources.
● Both authentication and authorization are required to deal with
sensitive data assets. Without any of them, you are keeping data
vulnerable to data breaches and unauthorized access.
● Authentication and authorization go hand-in-hand
14. Understanding Of CSRF Attacks
● CSRF stands for Cross-Site Request Forgery
● CSRF is an attack which forces end user to execute unwanted
actions on a web application in which he/she is currently
website - even when those requests come from a different site.