the lecture method is a most perfect method to essay understand the topic. the lecture method is the usually to used in education and demonstration, its help to modify the difficult information in essay.
VIKRANT KULTHEAssistant Professor, Kamalnayan Bajaj Nursing College Aurangabad à Dr Vikhe Patil college of nursing Amednagar
2. General objective:-
At the end of the class student will gain in-depth knowledge
to study the following teaching methods lecture and discussion and
will be able to apply in teaching and clinical practice.
At the end of the class group will be able to:-
1. Define term lecture and discussion method.
2. Classify the types of lecture method.
3. Enlist the factors for planning a good lecture.
4. Discuss about the purposes and techniques of using lecture and
discussion method in class during teaching.
5. List down the principles involved in lecture method.
6. Identify the components of lecture method.
7. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of lecture method.
8. List down the principles involved in discussion method.
9. Classify the types of discussion method.
10. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of discussion method.
3. Lecture Method
“Lecture is a teaching activity where by the teacher
presents the content in a comprehensible manner by
explaining the facts, principles and relationships
during which the teacher is expected to elicit student
participation by employing appropriate techniques.
4. Lecture is a pedagological method where by
the teacher formally delivers a carefully
planned expository address on some
James Michael Lee.
6. “ A discussion is a conversation
with a focal such as a specific
topic, question, concept or
problem in which there is a
sincere desire to arrive at a
7. Factors in planning a good lecture
1. Learner factor
2. Subject matter factor
3. Environmental factor
4. Psychological factor
1. Voluntary dissemination of information or spontaneity.
2. Voice gradation and voice quality.
3. Proper body language.
4. Control annoying mannerisms
5. Judicious use of audio visual aids
6. Simple plans and key points.
7. Elicit feedback from students.
8. Providing further clarification
9. Time management.
18. Advantages of Discussion Method
points and ideas
19. Disadvantages Of Discussion Method
It is time consuming and not completed in the
Some members in a group may only be passive
Group discussion may not be very effective
method for large groups.
Adequate preparation is required by each member
to have a fruitful discussion.