11. How can you bet on the future of massive computational power?
12. 2. Bet on Anderson’s Law “ Our culture and economy is increasingly shifting away from a focus on a relatively small number of "hits“…at the head of the demand curve and toward a huge number of niches in the tail. In an era without constraints of physical shelf space and other bottlenecks of distribution, narrowly targeted goods and services can be as economically attractive as mainstream fare.” --as found on longtail.com
14. Tap the Long Tail of Websites There are now almost one billion registered urls --Internet Search Consortium
15. The Long Tail of Google Search Queries 20% of our queries each day are ones we have never seen in the past three months
18. 3. Bet on Galton’s Law “ In 1906, Francis Galton…came across a weight-judging contest at the West of England Fat Stock and Poultry Exhibition … an ox was on display and…fair-goers could…fill in their names and their guesses of the animal's weight…The best guess received a prize … To his surprise, when he averaged the guesses, the total came to 1197 pounds. After the ox had been slaughtered, it weighted 1198.” James L. Howe on amazon.com
21. Crowd Influences Rank Fuel Efficient Cars Reviews & Ratings on Most Fuel Efficient Cars, Trucks, and SUV’s. High Performance Cars Get more excitement w/your Next Car or Truck -- Get Price Quote. Very Safe Cars Reviews & Ratings on all Makes Get Your Internet Price Quote Now. 1.9% Clicks 5.2% Clicks 3.1% Clicks
30. 5. Bet on Richard Stallman’s GNU Project “ The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0). The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your needs (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this. The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2). The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements to the public, so that the whole community benefits (freedom 3). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.” as described by the Free SoftwareFoundation