SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Marketing research is the careful and objective study of product design, markets, and such transfer activities as physical distribution and warehousing, advertising and sales management. these slides will not only discuss marketing research but it will discuss MIS and Consumer behaviour
To use this title animation slide with a new image simply 1) move the top semi-transparent shape to the side, 2) delete placeholder image, 3) click on the picture icon to add a new picture, 4) Move semi-transparent shape back to original position, 5) Update text on slide.
Unit v marketing research
IN THIS UNIT YOU WILL STUDY
•MARKETING RESEARCH- importance, process
and scope, marketing information systems-
meaning, importance and scope.
•Consumer Behaviour- Concepts, importance &
Factors influencing consumer behaviour
IMPORTANCE OF MARKETING RESEARCH
TO BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY
• Decision making tool
• Management planning
• Problem solving
• Control technique
• Large-scale production
• Complex market
• Pattern of consumption
• Suitable marketing operation
• Marketing strategy
• Sales promotion
IMPORTANCE OF MARKETING
RESEARCH TO ECONOMY
SCOPE OF MARKETING RESEARCH
• Market and customer research
• Promotion research
• Distribution channel research
• Motivation research
• Product research
• Pricing research
• Sales research
• Advertising research
• Policy research
FUNCTIONS OF MARKETING
PROCESS OF MARKETING RESEARCH
Collecting the data
Execution of the
Analysis of data
Preparation of the
report or the thesis
TECHNIQUES OF MARKETING
RESEARCH Survey method
Distributor or store audits
Use of mechanical devises
FACTORS INFLUENCING MARKETING
CHARACTERISTICS OF MIS
• MIS is a consciously developed master plan for information flow. It is an ongoing
process and operates continuously.
• MIS provides integration and co-ordination among marketing planners, salesforce and
• MIS is future oriented. It anticipates and prevents problems as well as solves marketing
• MIS provides scientific base to marketing with the help of operations research
• Management gets a steady flow of information on a regular basis, the right
information. For the right people, at the right time.
IMPORTANCE OF MIS
Needs of Customers
between firms and
INTERNAL MARKETING INFORMATION
• The most basic information system used by marketing managers is the internal records
• They include detailed reports on orders, sales, prices, inventory levels, receivables,
payables and so on .
• By analysing this information, marketing managers can spot important opportunities
• All enterprises which have been in operation for any period of time have a wealth of
information. However this information often remains underutilised because it is
compartmentalised, either in the form of an individual entrepreneur or in the
functional departments of larger businesses.
MARKETING INTELLIGENCE SYSTEM
• Marketing intelligence is the systematic collection and analysis of publicly available
information about competitors and developments in the marketing environment.
• A MIS is a set of procedures and sources used by managers to obtain their everyday
information about relevant developments n the marketing environment.
• The scanning of the economic and business environment can be undertaken ina
variety of ways, including:
• Marketing research is the third component of MIS.
• Marketing research is the systematic design, collection,
analysis and reporting of data and findings relevant to a
specific marketing situation facing the company.
• Marketing research is only a part of MIS, while MIS is an
• Thus, MIS is a wider concept than marketing research.
ANALYSIS AND PROCESSING OF
• Within the MIS there has to be the means of interpreting information in order to give
direction to decision. These models may be computerised or may not. Typical tools are:
• Time series sales models
• Brand switching models
• Linear programming
• Elasticity models
• Regression and correlation models
• Discounted cashflow
• These are similar mathematical, statistical, econometric and financial models are the
analytical sub-system of the MIS. A relatively modest investment in a desktop computer is
enough to allow an enterprise to automate the analysis of its data.
LIMITATIONS OF MIS
new set of
• It is study of when, why, how and where people do or do not buy a product.
• It blends elements from psychology, sociology, social anthropology, and
• It attempts to understand the buyer decision making process, both individually
and in groups.
• The term consumer buying behaviour, end user behaviour and buyer
behaviour all stands for the same.
• Consumer behaviour may be defined as the decision process and physical
activity individuals engage in when evaluating, acquiring, using, or disposing of
goods and services.
NATURE OF CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
• Systematic process
• Different for different customers
• Varies across regions
• Reflect status
• Improves standard of living
• Information search
• Influenced by various factors
• Different for different products
• Vital for marketers
• Result in spread-effect